Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend an MMO for me

WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
Ok so ive played WoW, GW2 ESO all quite a bit. Im tired of them. Im looking to start another MMO but it seems like not much out there that im interested in. Ive tried FF14 briefly and the lack of voice bugs me alot. I didnt give ita  fair shake but i trid a few times.  BDO ive tried and somethign about it i just dont like and hearing about how the end game is non existant and its more pvp oriented makes me not interested. Seems like not much else out there that I would want to waste my time playing

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    You could try LOTRO and jump into the new server , And FF14 you really need to play into the 30s for it to begin to flesh itself out .. Excellent game also
    ceratop001ConstantineMerusMrMelGibsonPhaserlight
  • noodles6966noodles6966 Member UncommonPosts: 63
    If you dont mind paying for a game Project Gorgon on Steam is a good one. Graphics are not that great but the content is def there. Kinda brings you back to old school mmorpgs. You can do practically anything. FFXIV is also great but you have to at least get to lvl 30 to flesh out the game and all it's systems. As far as free goes you get what you pay for but some ideas there are Tera, Rift, Everquest , LOTRO
  • WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    TRied TEra, Rift and LOTRO. I didnt mind Tera and actually paid for some cosmetic stuff. But im just bored of it as well now. IT really sucks that it seems like im bored or not interested in whats out there now
    I really wanted to give FF14 a shot but i cant even finish the free trial ever. IVe tried 3 separate times and just get bored of it before the trial lol
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Wedlen said:
    TRied TEra, Rift and LOTRO. I didnt mind Tera and actually paid for some cosmetic stuff. But im just bored of it as well now. IT really sucks that it seems like im bored or not interested in whats out there now
    Sometimes you have to play longer then what you think before a game really opens up. I would try Lotro again...
    MrMelGibson

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Maybe you are MMO'd out.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    PoE new league starts in 4days with so many new things and reworked stuff, its gonna be a good one.
    Cryomatrix

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wedlen, give us more details about what you're looking for and enjoy!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Destiny 2, Secret World Legends, The Division, Warframe, Wildlands, Skyforge, SWTOR, Neverwinter Online, Star Trek Online, Riders of Icarus, SWG Legends.  I played these a lot when they first came out and still come back to them from time to time.
    MrMelGibson

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Have you Tried Project Gorgon?

Trove?

Boundless

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Maybe I should give FF14 a longer try. I really only hear good things about it. I dunno. I guess im jsut venting more than really asking for help subconsiously
  • GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    If you have not tried Warframe. I would definitely give that a try. It's ftp and a really solid game.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Does it have to be an mmorpg? An abstinence from the genre may revitalise your interest at a later date. How about some of the very good offerings in open and semi open world solo rpgs?
  • LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    I would like to hear OP's requirements for a game. Example: pve or pvp, themepark or sandbox, fantasy or science-fiction, free to play/buy to play/pay to play etc.

My two cents: I would really give Lotro a try. For a old style Lotro - as someone mentioned - legendary servers (only for paying customers). For more quick gameplay - all other servers. If gameplay sounds complicated, feel free to go to Laurelin and ask my toons (Stormsong, Naktieskarys) for some aid. I have some experience with Champion, Minstrel, now starting Hunter.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    If you've never played SWTOR. It's a really fun mmo. I recommend you sub though to lift all restrictions and also get the permanent preferred status perks. If you don't sub, at least spend $5 to unlock preferred.
    Amathe
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Wedlen said:
    It seems like you tried all the MMO worth trying.
    Maybe you should give Vanilla WoW a go, it's definetly something different from modern games and it aged rather well compared to EQ and other Old School MMOs.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Maybe Secret World.
    MrMelGibson

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903

made a post about this.    Most of those are also somewhat divergent from the "World of Everclone" mold.    Which in my opinion is something these posts look for pretty frequently.
    Amathe

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."