Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARK: Survival Evolved Released for Nintendo Switch - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageARK: Survival Evolved Released for Nintendo Switch - MMORPG.com

Get ready to take dino-hunting survival action on the go now that ARK: Survival Evolved has been released for Nintendo Switch. Players will find all of the same features available for Switch that are present on other platforms including 80 dinosaurs, a plethora of enemies and the ability to build to their heart's content.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Watched a couple videos, and I'm quite surprised it runs as well as it does. Now to get it to run that well they definitely turned down every setting as far as possible, as it looks like garbage, but it's playable garbage. The frame rates are also an issue it seems, walking into certain areas will drop the frame rate for a good 2 to 4 seconds (at least in the videos I saw). Also I would really love to see how it performs with more than 1 or 2 people, none of the videos I saw showed more than 2. Or a full base with a lot of tamed dinosaurs sitting around, as I feel like that would TANK the fps.
    SBFordMadFrenchielaxie
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I must admit when I first heard about the Switch I never thought it would do as well as it has. Good for them.
    mikeb0817

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Can Switch run that pile of junk?
    Every time I played Ark my PC sounded like it was about to take off.
    MadFrenchieArskaaaJun_Aoi
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    TEKK3N said:
    I was wondering that, too.

I wouldn't even blame any poor performance here on the capabilities of the Switch as a handheld device.  Ark was never well-optimized, either out of incompetence or no fucks given because folks were buying the DLC anyways.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

TEKK3N said:

While i do own a Switch. I wouldnt touch a pile of garbage that bad with a looong branch even if it ran at 300 fps :p so cant confirm nor deny XD
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    The undocked videos I've seen don't look as crisp as that above lol
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

TEKK3N said:

While i do own a Switch. I wouldnt touch a pile of garbage that bad with a looong branch even if it ran at 300 fps :p so cant confirm nor deny XD

I hate that companies trying to port games to mobile games. It completely reduces the experience of the game, because most mobile games doesn't have the hardware to run this kind of games.
  • Jun_AoiJun_Aoi Member UncommonPosts: 2
    The last time I tried to play Ark, I had to turn the setting so low that everything was blurry, and I mean just blotches of color blurry.
    Couldn't even run 6fps and I had 30 second spikes, a Titanoboa killed me.

Yet the switch can?
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I pity the Switch players the game runs poorly on PC.

• DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 141
    Switches around the globe are going to explode due to the promised optimization.....