Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard: 'We're Committed to Delivering Diablo Experiences the Community Can be Proud Of' - MMORPG.

Comments

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Nice, I look forward to 2019
    Life2v
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    "Will Fluffy make it?"

"Fluffy will live on forever in our hearts."

Phry
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Swear to god,this actually made me smile as i chuckled a bit.

I have never considered a single Diablo game to be something you can be PROUD of,not even remotely close.
    I don't want to really get into what this type of game is doing "very little" but weather this is your gig or not "not mine"this is NOT a robust game design  with loads of effort gone into it,it is a budget type game design.The Diablo series is like most console projects of old around 12-18 months production time,so yeah at best 1/3 the effort of other AAA games but you can buy them for the same price as the AAA games lol.

Wow is by a landslide the best game in their portfolio and that game is just a copy cat of Everquest with big copies from EQ2.My assumption is they spent time in the EQ2 testing server and outright went to copy it.None the less this is not about copy cat because copying a good game is great to some degree,you still have to PROVE YOUR studio can be CREATIVE and be proud of YOUR work and not the copied ideas.

None the less this is typical of the lol moments,when devs tell US the consumer their game is god,i thought this was our decision not theirs ?
    AeanderTacticalZombeh

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I'm ready for all of these companies to move on to the mobile market and good riddance.  I'd love to see the MMORPG genre return to its niche status with a stable full of more cerebral games catered to by indie companies who care about their customers and their product as much as the money they make.
    JeffSpicoliLackingMMO

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223

Lucioon said:

I think people should at least consider that businesses need to adapt or they will die. That is what blizzard is doing. They are just using their known IPs.

Honestly, if i had disposable cash, i'd look to invest in their stock as i think they will probably profit from it.

Disclaimer: i dont play blizzard games, but i think this is the right business move for them.

What you just said is someone that didn't really understand where all the hate came from.

The hate that was generated from Diablo Immortal isn't because Blizzard is making a Mobile game, its that they put the Mobile Game Center Stage in their biggest conference event. An event that was possible because of their PC fans. Every single attendee go there because of one of their games, Warcraft, starcraft , diablo, hearthstone , overwatch...etc , these games are mainly PC focused.

Game companies diversify because it is a good thing, Mobile game shouldn't be a bad thing but if its the Biggest project for Blizzard then it is a problem. Its the Biggest project because it is Center Stage , the one biggest set up for their reveal. That is the main issue.

If they announced Diablo 4, then said while we wait for Diablo 4 to come out, here is Diablo Immortal, an mobile game to keep you all busy. Then everyone would have cheered, there would not have been any problem at all.

That is the reason for the hate, not because of the Mobile game Diablo, but because Blizzard thinks a Mobile game is their future and only future.

Yes, i guess i didnt understand fully why people got so mad. Thanks for your viewpoint.

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Not sure why I would be excited about a new title anyways. I'm not being the typical "old nostalgic goof", but Diablo 3 was an embarrassment when compared to ancient Diablo 2. Blizzard is too big. Passion is gone. Cash is what matters most now.

Need better indy devs.
    MensurLackingMMOThahar
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Wizardry said:
    Swear to god,this actually made me smile as i chuckled a bit.

I have never considered a single Diablo game to be something you can be PROUD of,not even remotely close.
    I don't want to really get into what this type of game is doing "very little" but weather this is your gig or not "not mine"this is NOT a robust game design  with loads of effort gone into it,it is a budget type game design.The Diablo series is like most console projects of old around 12-18 months production time,so yeah at best 1/3 the effort of other AAA games but you can buy them for the same price as the AAA games lol.

Wow is by a landslide the best game in their portfolio and that game is just a copy cat of Everquest with big copies from EQ2.My assumption is they spent time in the EQ2 testing server and outright went to copy it.None the less this is not about copy cat because copying a good game is great to some degree,you still have to PROVE YOUR studio can be CREATIVE and be proud of YOUR work and not the copied ideas.

None the less this is typical of the lol moments,when devs tell US the consumer their game is god,i thought this was our decision not theirs ?
    See that big rectangle at the bottom of your keyboard? Slap it with your thumb after you type a comma. 
    AeanderTheDarkraynecmacqMaheo
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    "God walks out of the room when you’re thinking about money."  -

Quincy Jones

Arpeggio187
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • chrisapete123chrisapete123 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    World of Diablo is coming and also it be third person view!!
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    Avanah said:
    The ONLY thing I look forward to from Blizzard is Vanilla WoW, nothing more. It's the only thing that has me even looking their way in this time and age.
    Why wait when there are private servers available now?  I don't understand this logic.....

They are free to play, and you know that Blizzard is going to have the economy screwed up due to the inevitable purchase of WoW Tokens.  

I've played these servers.  They are fun....for a little while.  Then you realize the questing system has you going ALL over the place just to make a tiny bit of progress.  Then the gear you acquire is the (obviously) the same old crappy graphical stuff you've ignored for over a decade, because it is so lackluster.  The talent trees, which I've missed, unfortunately do not inspire.  You end up doing the same old builds you did a decade ago.  

Look, I like classic servers and progression servers.  I do.  But WoW Classic is just the same as it is now, only more "irritating".  Whereas something like EQ Progression servers, and classic private servers offer something not available today.....original gameplay.  
    [Deleted User]
  • syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404
    i just want more stuff to diablo 3. like druid, hunter etc etc.
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I honestly think that Blizzard got this wrong because they were watching Bethesda's left hand and not their right hand.

When Fallout 4 released, they also released Fallout Shelter, which was actually very well received at the time.  It had a positive buzz, it got good reviews and a ton of people downloaded and played it.  Hell, even I played it for a couple months, forgot about it and played it again a year later... and I never play mobile games.

But what Blizzard forgot, is that they also released Fallout 4 at the same time.

If they wanted their mobile game to be successful what they should have done was work their asses off on a pre-release announcement for Diablo 4.  A breathtaking cinematic video with a promise to return to the aspects that made Diablo 2 great.  Hell, even put a release date in there, even if you have no idea if you can hit that target yet.

Oh and by the way, just to get your tastebuds ready for Diablo 4 while we get it ready for release, we're releasing a companion game for mobile devices.

But for the love of GOD, you're standing in front of thousands of PC gamers.  Not any old PC gamers either, but the ones who are so enthusiastic about PC games that they paid good money to go to a convention dedicated to a single company's many PC games.  People who spend thousands on their gaming PC's.  People who have more hours in WoW and Diablo 2 than I have in my entire gaming library combined.

... and announced a goddamn mobile game.
    [Deleted User]FlyByKnightConstantineMerus[Deleted User]TacticalZombehhallucigenocideRoinjimmywolfcmacqSKurjand 1 other.
  • LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Blizzard got it wrong because today's Blizzard is not the same company we grew up with.  Their core values have changed, their culture has changed.. in short they don't give a flying shit about their customers anymore.  To make matters worse the money from WoW has basically tainted this company and there is no longer innovation taking place and an extreme lack of creativity.

There is no better place to see this then when looking at HOTS.  They basically copy DOTA2 and LoL because they seem them making money.. and to make matters worse they can't even come up with original IP for the game.  The 'Heros' they put into HOTS are just the same characters we have been playing with for the last 20 years.

It's pretty disgusting what this company has become.
    MensurKalebGraysonThahar
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    I dont believe a single word that is coming out of blizzards mouth.
    PhryKalebGraysonDragonJockeyThahar

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If they were to announce that WoW classic was going to be on android and ios only then that would be it, no further interest in anything Activision or Blizzard are developing, thats pretty much what Diablo:Immortal was to Diablo fans. :/
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    Blizzcon 2018:

J.Allen:
    "We have fantastic news for all Diablo Fans. We started working on Diablo 4!
    At the moment we have nothing to show, as the project is still at an early stage.
    All I can say is that next year will be a big year for the Diablo Franchise.
    And to show our commitment to all our fans out there, we have a big surprise.
    It's called Diablo Immortal, it's a Mobile game. We know you guys are excited for the next chapter of the Diablo series, meanwhile you can enjoy your favorite hack & slash straight on your mobile."

Job done.

They've done the same thing last year with the announcement of WoW Classic.
    They showed nothing, didn't give any timeline, yet they got their fan base pumped up.
    Could easily have done the same with Diablo, unless they overestimated the popularity of a Diablo game on a mobile platform.
    In which case the PR and Marketing guy needs to get fired.
    Shelassa
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    Platitudes to sooth those willing to be placated.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,818
    - The Diablo Teams -

Reading Between The Lines:

You, the Diablo fan can either come along for the ride to mobile or **** off. You would be useful to hype the game, but we don't need you to play it as we are looking toward a larger player base than the diablo fan base. The potential number of players on mobile dwarfs your numbers and to be honest you are more use to us as cheerleaders than players.
    JeffSpicoliKalebGraysonThahar
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited December 2018

Albatroes said:

How are they are this dense....?

They always were. Because blind fans allowed them. They never was anything special, its kinda funny - "Stay awhile and listen" Deckard Cain said....And now they say :"We hear you" , but they dont. People surprised, i wonder why?
    They killed Decard six years ago.

Its not only blizzard, every dev/publisher only cares about money. They dont need to care about vets anymore because its not profitable. They easily step/spit on them. They can make more money on lil kids. Seriously look how they throw money to old stupid youtubers/twitch streamers. Because "lul"/ "lel" etc.

They made ecchi game about lil (lesbian!) girls...

Released D3 on switch...

"They did it because Activision said so."
    I keep hearing Activision is bad , but people cant stop buying their ovepriced (pvp only) games. Look at their old games prices. >.>
    And now they made BR. Once again, because its popular and easy money. Who need ideas, right?
    They get richer without actually making anything new.

Its like Simpsons creators. Look how much money they got. But all what theyve done is two stupid cartoons for lil kids.
    They said 25 season is gonna be last one...lol.

P.S. Hey whats this? Almost 100m views, its should be good, right?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=UOxkGD8qRB4

Heres more. Yes, shes lesbian too, yay!

Theres no hope anymore...sigh.

mmolouLife2v
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Scot said:
    - The Diablo Teams -

Reading Between The Lines:

You, the Diablo fan can either come along for the ride to mobile or **** off. 
    That strategy worked out real well for EA with Battlefield V , "Don't like our game , then don't buy it"  Is exactly what consumers did, 1 week after launch game was marked at half price. BFV, FO76 & Diablo mobile are the Crystal Pepsi of gaming, They are the products no one asked for or wanted. Changing the formula isn't always the best move.
    MensurScotThahar
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I'm ready for all of these companies to move on to the mobile market and good riddance.  I'd love to see the MMORPG genre return to its niche status with a stable full of more cerebral games catered to by indie companies who care about their customers and their product as much as the money they make.
    I v never looked at it from this perspective but you may be absolutely right.
    MensurLife2v
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    DMKano said:

Once companies get to be the size of Blizzard - they literally must expand into mobile space to stay profitable and keep growing. At billion + dollars and 5000+ employees what else are they gonna do?

Blizzard has exhausted PC and console market, they must go after mobile if they want to grow financially. 

Mmorpg genre is pretty much dead - its only future are indie games that might not end up making enough money to sustain even a niche playerbase - and if that happens - mmorpgs are done.

The real issue is this - are there enough players today who would be willing to put in the time and money like they did 20 years ago to make mmorpgs viable in today's market?
    You are implying they stopped. Don't forget that 20 years ago MMO's were not mainstream, that only really happened with WoW. I am still putting money into my games and i am still playing them, i seriously doubt that i am in some way unique, the only thing i would say is that over time players have become more 'discerning' which is not a bad thing. As for mobile, consistently seen as being cash grabs because mostly thats all they are, as much a gamble for the developers as for the players, also the mobile market is changing and ActiBlizz is very late to that particular party, switching focus to mobile could be one of the worst financial moves ever, perhaps investors are just as wary of such as the players are. ;)
    jimmywolf
  • ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325

Though his analogy of promising a kid to go to Disneyland and then taking them to the dentist

More like the dad is telling the kid: "I'm taking you out today", the kid imagining that they'd go to Disneyland, and the parent taking them to McDonalds.

And believe me, my kids had this kind of reaction a lot, especially when they were little. They ask for something, believe that when I say "we're not going to Disneyland now" it means "we're going tomorrow" and then build in their head a scenario and are devastated when it doesn't come true. "But you promised!"

The pity is that hundreds of thousands of Diablo fans think the same way as a 6 year old.
    JeffSpicoliLokero
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Member RarePosts: 664
    Didn't read all comments so don't know if this was mentioned but to me this response seems like a "hey just wait a bit for what you really want but right now we really want to make a good diablo experience on the phone"
  • BrunlinBrunlin Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited December 2018
    They need to make a big announcement on April 1 2019. They drop the news that the next Diablo will be a mmo and they can go into details of what it will bring to the table and just let it have all the features everyone wants and than at the last minute say, but its exclusively for Mobile....and end it with...."What, doesnt everyone own phones?" That would be the funniest April fools joke...ever

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0