Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Beta Delayed

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
World of Warcraft Beta -- Update
Over the past few weeks, it has become apparent that the World of Warcraft beta will not be available within the fourth quarter of 2003. The development team is currently hard at work testing the alpha version of the game, and we look forward to bringing you an outstanding beta in early 2004.

Our goal is to always make the best games possible, and a critical part of the development process includes the public beta test. This means that we will not release the final product or any other component of the game until it's ready. Rather than release an inferior candidate to meet a specific date, we have chosen to further test World of Warcraft internally until we feel the game will allow for a productive beta test.

Announcements concerning the beta test, along with additional details about the game, will be released in the near future. We encourage you to check this official Web site for further updates. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

You can read the official post here.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• GatorbotGatorbot Member Posts: 10

Im glad they are delying it.  Im looking forward to it as much as the next person but I really want them to put out the best game.

Good job Blizzard

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    No surprises on the delay, maybe its a good thing.

• AmericanJoeAmericanJoe Member Posts: 29
    As disappointing as a delay is, it's alright by me. Just tells me that they are putting in alot of effort to make an awesome game.  Crosses fingers

Peg Bundy "Al, why don't you ever buy me flowers?"
    Al Bundy "Cause I don't like ya Peg"

Still Waiting For A Good MMORPG!!!

Peg Bundy "Al, why don't you ever buy me flowers?"
    Al Bundy "Cause I don't like ya Peg"

Still Waiting For A Good MMORPG!!!

• leftieleftie Member Posts: 138

"Over the past few weeks, it has become apparent that the World of Warcraft beta will not be available within the fourth quarter of 2003...."

Blizzard is a good company, but this is stupid funny.

The calander says 12/23/03. There is no beta. There's only 8 days left in the fourth quarter of 2003. Most of those 8 days left are national holidays. I believe most of us already got the hint the beta would not be out in 4th Q '03.

I'm on pins and needles waiting for the next big Blizzard press release, "Blizzard releses details of who's buried in Grant's Tomb."

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

"...you just #@*&;$% with the wrong rhino, pal!" - Smoochy

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996
    Don't expect WOW until 2005 Q2 or Q3.

-=-=-=-=-
    "elimination of any downtime and you don't have a chance to really talk. The result is no one gives a crap who you are. It's so incredibly anti-community building." - Brad McQuid (sigil games, maker of EQ)

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• findnolimitfindnolimit Member Posts: 112
    Check the official site... they are working for beta next quarter. (1st 2004) I think we wont see beta till 2nd...  I'm not getting my hopes up but I can wait for a game that looks as fun as WOW has the chance to be 

Thinking of strange days
    And wet-dream escapades
    Oh this summer is sweet sleep
    Because we are living day dreams

• mobettahmobettah Member Posts: 77

It is hard to be disappointed by a beta delay... cause they happen frequently.  UXO seems to be on time, and they have regular updates about their Jan 15 beta give away...10 days to go, and I hope my name is picked for the beta give away...