Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online Awarded Best MMORPG of the Year

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
edited November 2018 in Black Desert Online

Pearl Abyss announced today that the PC MMORPG 'Black Desert' won 'MMORPG Game of the Year' at the 'Thailand Game Show' (TGS). TGS, held in Bangkok, Thailand from 26th to 28th, is the most prestigious game show in Southeast Asia.

https://www.pearlabyss.com/news_public_list/newsview?idx=202&Page=1&NowNum=99

The Thailand Game Awards is held every year as part of TGS 2018 to recognize outstanding game companies for quality game content and service, and Black Desert Online took home the prestigious title of Best MMORPG of the Year.

Past Achievements

In 2014 and 2015, Black Desert Online (BDO) was named MMORPG of the Year by Russia's GOHARU. In Japan, BDO took home Web Money's Best Game Award for three consecutive years starting in 2015. MMORPG also named BDO the Best new MMORPG in 2016, one of the 10 Best MMOs of 2017 and 2018, and both MMOS and Massively OP named the game MMORPG of the Year in 2016. After launching in Taiwan in 2017, BDO received the Taipei Game Start Award and ranks number one on Bahamut's game rankings. Also in 2017, BDO was awarded the Best of Show Winner at the 2017 Brazil Game Show.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/black-desert-online-awarded-best-mmorpg-of-the-year-1027663019

Post edited by Mikeha on
Viper482celtwulf

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    So many awards, yet still so very average....

Weird.....
    Scorchienceltwulf

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Best at what? AFK progression features? 
    Scorchien
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    How many other MMOs do they even play in Thailand?
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Still better than battle royale fallout 76

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I finally understand how a person from Thailand feels when they see a game get game of the year in the NA/EU market awards.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I wonder which one got game of the year in Liechtenstein?
    MadFrenchieStjerneodd
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    :D
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Maybe I'll check it out, if it ever gets released in the states...  o:)

Gut Out!
    Stjerneodd

What, me worry?

• sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I guess they needed to give the title to ....someone.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    The domination continues