Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda: I am worried...

13»

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    DMKano said:

"Bethesda has also used the exact scripts and animations for the Scorchbeast Queen. I’m pretty sure you’ve seen some videos that compare the Scorchbeast creatures with Skyrim’s dragons and this right here explains why they look so similar; that’s because the scripts and pretty much everything is the same (well apart from the models)."

The first time I saw scorchbeast - my first thought was - they move exactly like Skyrim dragons - because that's what they are script-wise
    This should be on the con side of every single review given, because this game was sold at the full-on standalone price of $60.

If they had sold it for $30-40 as the starting price point, this title would've been received differently I think.

But such blatant asset flips for a new $60 title should be anathema.
    Gdemami

• BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    doesn't even deserve to be talked about
  • Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Im worried too for Bethesda.

However 76 is a pretty obvious moment for them: they need a new game engine and they need to focus on quality games that are fun to play.

There are no more excuses left for Bethesda.  People will not accept shit even if its from Bethesda.

They could easily rebound from this.  Lets just hope their next round of games are not built on this same foundation that allowed an "asset flip" quality game to get pumped out and sold for a AAA price only because of its name.
    Gdemami
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited December 2018

However 76 is a pretty obvious moment for them: they need a new game engine and they need to focus on quality games that are fun to play.

There are no more excuses left for Bethesda.  People will not accept shit even if its from Bethesda.

They could easily rebound from this.  Lets just hope their next round of games are not built on this same foundation that allowed an "asset flip" quality game to get pumped out and sold for a AAA price only because of its name.
    That's why I wrote this thread.
    I want Bethesda to learn from this debacle and move on.
    But I read they are building Starfield and TES 6 on this Engine and I reckon the Engine is what is letting them down.
    They are relying on a 20 years old engine that has reached all its potential and it's riddled of all sort of bugs accumulated throughout all these years, which Bethesda never really bothered to fix (because Modders).
    They really need a new Engine.

Gdemami
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    TEKK3N said:

That's why I wrote this thread.
    I want Bethesda to learn from this debacle and move on.
    But I read they are building Starfield and TES 6 on this Engine and I reckon the Engine is what is letting them down.
    They are relying on a 20 years old engine that has reached all its potential and it's riddled of all sort of bugs accumulated throughout all these years, which Bethesda never really bothered to fix (because Modders).
    They really need a new Engine.

If they make money they will not change their ways. They will do the same thing again. What they need is a kick on their collective behinds and a hard one and one that loses them money.
    TEKK3NcheyaneAlBQuirkyScot