Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion 2 trailer (Don't be surprised)

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    nickiamx said:
    Aion was a decent asian mmorpg when i first played, don't know about nowa days though.
    I thought it was re3ally poor quality to be honest...I was not impressed at all.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    yeah, it would seem that the time of PC gaming is over. we, as players, are now ancient and outdated. the things you love and remember will be replaced with tiny handheld device that causes even worse eye strain and feeble hardware.

Sure, you may find solace that some mobile games have graphics similar to when you were a child, but the fact still remains that mobile game are garbage. 

PAY TO WIN - MICROTRANSACTION - NOT YOUR FRIEND - AND COULDN'T IDENTIFY YOU FROM THE NEXT CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION.

The alpha and upcoming omega.
    We learned pretty quickly these people go where the money is....It isnt about making great games, it's about making big bucks.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    R.I.P MMOs.

What's ironic is I'm at a point in my life where I'm very financially secure and well off.  I can afford high end gaming PCs and the latest GFX cards with no problem but there are no MMOs to play.  It's like I'm living in a fucking Twilight Zone episode. 
    JeffSpicoliVermillion_Raventhal
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    ewwwww NCsoft and a mobile game which will be a soulless p2w crap. 

I'd rather sleep in a diarrhea-laden dirty bed filled with snakes, scorpions, cockroaches, deer ticks, lice, scabies, bed bugs, and Ebola surrounded by Tsetse flies with no bed net as well as Bill Cosby serving me drinks. 

Cryomatrix

That's Dead Sea level salty right there.
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    ewwwww NCsoft and a mobile game which will be a soulless p2w crap. 

I'd rather sleep in a diarrhea-laden dirty bed filled with snakes, scorpions, cockroaches, deer ticks, lice, scabies, bed bugs, and Ebola surrounded by Tsetse flies with no bed net as well as Bill Cosby serving me drinks. 

Cryomatrix

That's Dead Sea level salty right there.
    But is he wrong, though?
    Viper482
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Viper482 said:
    I can't believe there is that big a market for this crap.
    Everyone has phones. What do you expect?

You sound as clueless as Blizzard. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited November 2018
    Viper482 said:

Somehow that logic never works on PC when 50 million people create a F2P account to try a game and only 100k keep playing and a few hundreds keep the servers alive by becoming whales.

Same with phones. Everyone has a phone but a fraction of them play games and the whales keep the games alive.
    Sovrath

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Viper482 said:

I have a phone, never once played a game on it.. don't think I ever will. It could (Note 8), just don't see the point. I guess I am in the minority though based on recent developments so I lose.
    The point is phones potential customers are in the billions.  Market penetration is just insane.  

So basically you are saying anything on a phone is a good idea because everyone has one. Everyone has an rectum too, any ideas to make money off of that?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:

I have a phone, never once played a game on it.. don't think I ever will. It could (Note 8), just don't see the point. I guess I am in the minority though based on recent developments so I lose.
    The point is phones potential customers are in the billions.  Market penetration is just insane.  

So basically you are saying anything on a phone is a good idea because everyone has one. Everyone has an rectum too, any ideas to make money off of that?
    You sound salty.  Just accept the new reality.  It's easier that way.

Lets see make an expensive, time consuming, high failure rate, dated idea game in an over crowed undead genre or make a cheaper, quicker game with near unlimited potential customers.  Hmmm such a hard choixe.
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    Viper482 said:
    Yeah, people make lots of money off rectums.

It's called "toilets".

You should look into them, you'll find your posts.
    Vermillion_Raventhal
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    edited November 2018
    I don't think the percentage of people playing games on their phone is very high. Not the majority. However the worldwide estimated mobile phone users is expected to pass five billion people by next year. If just 10% of that population plays a game that's 500 million people. That is an absolutely massive market.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Xiaoki said:
    Viper482 said:
    Yeah, people make lots of money off rectums.

It's called "toilets".

You should look into them, you'll find your posts.
    And enemas and creams and colostomies and sex toys and many many other things as well.
    Cryomatrix
    Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    achesoma said:
    R.I.P MMOs.

What's ironic is I'm at a point in my life where I'm very financially secure and well off.  I can afford high end gaming PCs and the latest GFX cards with no problem but there are no MMOs to play.  It's like I'm living in a fucking Twilight Zone episode. 
    Exactly this.  

We started in 1999 when we were like 20ish and could barely afford the crap PC's we had then.  Now, 20 years later, we are well off, can afford these badass powerful PC's and the industry keeps throwing console and mobile games at everyone.  PC-based games are but a blip in their eyes.  How/why does component manufacturers like Nvidia keep going on with the obvious lack of people buying powerful PC's anymore?  I mean what's the point?  

The most demanding games we can play now on PC are also available on the console market.  Sure we get to have 4k@60hz, or 1440@144hz.  But it's still the SAME DAMN GAME as the console versions.  So most gamers just buy a console (much cheaper), and stick with that.  I mean I like my consoles too, but the gaming industry in the past 5-7 years has really begun to suck. :(
  • Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Vhayne said:
    achesoma said:
    R.I.P MMOs.

Exactly this.  

We started in 1999 when we were like 20ish and could barely afford the crap PC's we had then.  Now, 20 years later, we are well off, can afford these badass powerful PC's and the industry keeps throwing console and mobile games at everyone.  PC-based games are but a blip in their eyes.  How/why does component manufacturers like Nvidia keep going on with the obvious lack of people buying powerful PC's anymore?  I mean what's the point?  

The most demanding games we can play now on PC are also available on the console market.  Sure we get to have 4k@60hz, or 1440@144hz.  But it's still the SAME DAMN GAME as the console versions.  So most gamers just buy a console (much cheaper), and stick with that.  I mean I like my consoles too, but the gaming industry in the past 5-7 years has really begun to suck. :(
    Problem is, there were a few million of us back in the day.  Now there are billions with phones and still millions of us in the PC mmorpg land.  Take into account online gaming was ushered in by only mmorpg games, so you had back in the day, anyone interested in online gaming funneled into mmorpg...and most didnt like RPG games.

So the millions of us grew a bit these days but are fractured across all online game types.  PC games are really expensive to make too...

And then you have mobile games, little portable ATM machines with billions of people walking around with them....many who will spend $1000 on a phone with an easy payment plan for 2 years where a PC can cost the same.

So imagine your a new development studio.  imagine the vote on which path to take:  go the mmorpg PC game route, crunch for 10 years on a game that will most likely fail within  three month and make next to nothing...or crunch for a year on a mobile game that will practically print money for your employees.  Watch as every hand goes up for making mobile games.  Make more money and still have some of your time left in your life to enjoy...life...  or devote your life to a game that will eventually run out of money and bomb.

I get more enjoyment out of single player RPG games, ARPG games, and co-op pve games tbh, and people still make those.  Id be much happier with a new one of those than a new mmorpg.  Every type of mmorpg have been done to death and tries to do too much all at once and it all ends up being meh.  Best part of mmorpgs was doing meh game mechanics with an awesome community...but that was when online gaming was new and people cared.  People dont care about online interactions like they use to and its just meh community with meh game mechanics now...but with better graphics.