Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When does the NDA lift?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
I'm curious to see how things are going in the CU Beta 1.  Is there any word on when the NDA will be lifted?
hamlathis

Comments

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    edited September 2018
    I'm curious to see how things are going in the CU Beta 1.  Is there any word on when the NDA will be lifted?
    It hasn't been discussed recently, but I wouldn't expect to NDA to be fully lifted in the near future. There's still a lot that needs to be done before the game starts to resemble how it will play at launch.

Lifting the NDA to let people talk about things such as the current animations and characters that CSE is currently in the process of upgrading wouldn't make sense. You'd get negativity about parts of the game that will be very different and better in only a few months.

There will be some partial NDA lifts for major streamers to stream the game and also some videos of gameplay released by CSE later in Beta 1.
    Kyleranhamlathistweedledumb99Phry

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    While i fully support keeping things quiet until its ready to show...i feel like this is possibly the only modern MMORPG doing the crowd funding route that stands a chance to leave development as a decent game rather than a crowd funding mess that falls flat the second its seen for what it is.

I think that a few serious peeks behind the scene at what the game looks like might be important.  I feel like most of the in development games are nothing more than a charismatic dev team securing funding as long as they can on hype, before people are forced to see the poor quality bare bones game that really exists.

I think these days its important to let everyone watching know you mean business and are not a crowd funding scam (with good intentions or not)

At least theres a dev stream or two that shows theres something here...kinda...
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    While i fully support keeping things quiet until its ready to show...i feel like this is possibly the only modern MMORPG doing the crowd funding route that stands a chance to leave development as a decent game rather than a crowd funding mess that falls flat the second its seen for what it is.

I think that a few serious peeks behind the scene at what the game looks like might be important.  I feel like most of the in development games are nothing more than a charismatic dev team securing funding as long as they can on hype, before people are forced to see the poor quality bare bones game that really exists.

I think these days its important to let everyone watching know you mean business and are not a crowd funding scam (with good intentions or not)

From what I've seen of Pantheon, Crowfall, Ashes of Creation, they're all moving toward their goals pretty steadily. Pantheon got wildly better looking, Ashes is getting fleshed out and looking impressive performance-wise, and Crowfall's showing a bunch of steady improvements.

So, if you're thinking CU is going to be the only good medium-to-large MMO coming out of crowdfunding, well, I disagree.

That said, CU is showing off some pretty cool stuff. If you check out today's stream, you can see an early test of their in progress building destruction physics.

If you go to you can see them doing this testing.

Again, early stages, they know that weapons wont do that much damage at launch, and they know stability isn't finished, this is them showing where they're at right now.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    To be honest, I like the NDA at this point, it keeps from having too much hype before thee is really anything to hype about.

I think the best time to life the NDA might be at Open Beta, or when it goes EA. Then they can talk about how far along it has come.
    Kyleranmeddycktweedledumb99
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514

Have you even looked into this project?  I'd say they've shown way more than "a few serious peeks behind the scenes".

I mean, do you really need outside streamers to tell you it's not a scam when they show pretty much every moment of development?

I've never seen such a wide open window into a studio before.  You can basically watch everything they do already.  They literally stream their employees building the game just about every day.  They have a constant newsletter that goes into so much detail that people were actually griping recently(in one of the articles on this site) about how much they go on about even the most minute technical details.

This is the only one of the current crop that goes to such great lengths to show real stuff to their followers.
    If this project were a scam, they'd have to be the dumbest people that ever lived to invest that much time and work into it.

I certainly do wish the game were further along in the release timeline, though.
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Lokero said:

Have you even looked into this project?  I'd say they've shown way more than "a few serious peeks behind the scenes".

I mean, do you really need outside streamers to tell you it's not a scam when they show pretty much every moment of development?

I've never seen such a wide open window into a studio before.  You can basically watch everything they do already.  They literally stream their employees building the game just about every day.  They have a constant newsletter that goes into so much detail that people were actually griping recently(in one of the articles on this site) about how much they go on about even the most minute technical details.

This is the only one of the current crop that goes to such great lengths to show real stuff to their followers.
    If this project were a scam, they'd have to be the dumbest people that ever lived to invest that much time and work into it.

I certainly do wish the game were further along in the release timeline, though.
    I dunno if theyre more transparent than the other devs, but i doubt anyone is more transparent than them.