Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda it gets worse

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    rodarin said:
    Ok I'm sorry the only thing obscene is his response to  fricking bag.  I've never watched him and thanks to this video I will never watch him again.

If all his videos are like this he is part of the problem and in no way helps the consumer or video games.  
    So you like getting screwed over then?  You're okay with paying for one thing but getting something else as a substitute?  Thing is, most people don't like getting bent over like that.  Sometimes they even get upset.  Imagine that.
    he is a Star citizen fanboy he is used to it....
    I've played Star Citzen for a total of 5 minutes during it's two free weekends.  You must have me confused.  
    yeah I fixed it Star citizen is my auto response as an excuse for people who like getting bent over. But you are the Rock Star white knight. Who are a close second to Chris Roberts in terms of finding ways to monetize things in their games. They beat out Roberts however since they actually release games. But he beats them because he gets money for a tech demo....
    Gdemami
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    Gorwe said:
    Ok I'm sorry the only thing obscene is his response to  fricking bag.  I've never watched him and thanks to this video I will never watch him again.

If all his videos are like this he is part of the problem and in no way helps the consumer or video games.  
    So you like getting screwed over then?  You're okay with paying for one thing but getting something else as a substitute?  Thing is, most people don't like getting bent over like that.  Sometimes they even get upset.  Imagine that.
    They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit suck it up as a lesson learned and  $20 bucks gone.  It's not the first collectors item and wont be the last to be a let down.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

If you think "getting bent over" is receiving a crappy bag real life is going to be a wake up call for you when you get there.  
    The thing is, they don't want to refund the bag, they instead give you 500 units of Virtual Currency. Not only is it a piece of nothing(virtual currency lol - what's its worth once 76 goes offline?), it's also both not worth that amount in virtual currency(afaik 750 atoms) nor in its real world value(at least 10$ aka 1000 atoms). You have to agree it's a very shady thing. They fully deserve what's coming to them.
    Yeah I'm in agreement it's a shitty bag, their response has been shitty but...  Is it worth a week of videos and comments of grown men throwing a temper tantrum?  No it's not.  This does nothing but give the general population ammo when they call gamers a bunch of losers.  
    YouTubers do it for views man.  Like Fox News or CNN, they take the hot topics of their audience and extrapolate on them for views and advertising cash.

Lol these temper tantrums make them money.  I can't believe you don't understand that.

Gamers have been hugely loyal to companies like Bethesda and Bungie in the past.  The fact that people realistically thought gamers wouldn't/shouldn't be mad when it turns out that the companies they've supported since inception couldn't care less, or are spiteful of them in the extreme case...  That's the most mind-boggling part about this thing.

A portion of consumers will always overreact.  That's not even unique to video gaming.  If your crusade is to right that "wrong," you're gonna die unfulfilled.  I guarantee it.
    GdemamiGorwe

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit find return the bag and get $20 bucks back.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

If you think "getting bent over" is receiving a crappy bag real life is going to be a wake up call for you when you get there.  
    Getting screwed over can take many forms.  Whether it's a bait and switch crappy bag or a used car you were sold that turns out to be a lemon, people can (and should) stand up for themselves and make noise when they get burned by a large corporation.  It is the noise makers that will help prevent this sort of thing from happening again as often in the future.  The people who defend, condone these actions, or otherwise discourage people from speaking up when they've been screwed over, aren't helping anyone, including themselves .... well, except Bethesda ... they are helping them .... I'm sure Bethesda would prefer all their customers keep quite and enjoy the nylon bag.  But I'm glad they're not doing that and I hope Bethesda loses big over this.
    You looking for a set of Harbinger robes or something?

:)

Sounds like something I would post.

[Deleted User]KyleranMadFrenchiekitarad

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit find return the bag and get $20 bucks back.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

Getting screwed over can take many forms.  Whether it's a bait and switch crappy bag or a used car you were sold that turns out to be a lemon, people can (and should) stand up for themselves and make noise when they get burned by a large corporation.  It is the noise makers that will help prevent this sort of thing from happening again as often in the future.  The people who defend, condone these actions, or otherwise discourage people from speaking up when they've been screwed over, aren't helping anyone, including themselves .... well, except Bethesda ... they are helping them .... I'm sure Bethesda would prefer all their customers keep quite and enjoy the nylon bag.  But I'm glad they're not doing that and I hope Bethesda loses big over this.

We could make him an honorary member.
    [Deleted User]Phry

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WargfootYVWargfootYV Member UncommonPosts: 261
    What would happen if we turned this around and I only gave Bethesda half the money we agreed to when the purchase was made?

There is "whining" complaining when you got what you paid for but it still isn't good enough and then there is quite justified hell raising when a company starts ripping people off.  Best to nip this behavior in the bud or 5 years from now you'll open a premium pack and all it will contain is a moldy Fig Newton.  There will be people on here saying, "You big baby, you got a cookie for cryin' out loud".

I wouldn't lose sleep over this, but then I wouldn't buy from that company again either. 
    laxie[Deleted User]Asm0deusPhryTuor7
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    edited November 2018
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

I've played Star Citzen for a total of 5 minutes during it's two free weekends.  You must have me confused.  
    yeah I fixed it Star citizen is my auto response as an excuse for people who like getting bent over. But you are the Rock Star white knight. Who are a close second to Chris Roberts in terms of finding ways to monetize things in their games. They beat out Roberts however since they actually release games. But he beats them because he gets money for a tech demo....
    How about you keep the personal shots out of this. I am not allowed to reply to you with personal shots.

I'm not a rockstar white knight either.

I'm a grown ass adult who sees a bunch of other grown ass adults crying over a bag as sad, pathetic and does nothing but hurt all gamers.  
    jimmywolfIselinTheScavengerturinmacleod
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited November 2018
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

How about you keep the personal shots out of this. I am not allowed to reply to you with personal shots.

I'm a grown ass adult who sees a bunch other grown ass adults crying over a bag as sad, pathetic and does nothing but hurt all gamers.  
    Actually it doesnt its just another degree on the boiling frog. Its why MMOs are basically dead and now these big single player focused companies who have ventured into multiplayer games are now putting the screws to their player base and IP fans.

When quality and content get bypassed for hype and glitz (and that glitz gets a severe quality reduction) it should be cause for outrage. The fact that you dont understand 'value' tells me you arent a 'grown ass adult' either. At least not one who has had to pay their own way for very long if at all. You dont accept second or third rate when you pay first rate prices.

It was bad enough for the loyalist who closed their eyes to all the problems the game had and paid the 60 or more bucks for the game on release day and watched the price go in half a week later. This just adds insult to that injury.

Now it would be easy to say a fool and his money (just like it is with Star Citizen) but it isnt that simple because the more people accept this crap the worse its going to get. And that ruins the whole industry.

Not sure how far back the archives go but I said this about micro transaction in MMOs almost a decade ago on this site. And how they were the beginning of the end. Not the free to play that people were most worried about. But they were probably both equally at fault as to why no AAA companies are making MMOs anymore. We were just 'lucky' the few that have come out in the past 5 years (ESO, FFXIV, Black Desert) were far enough along that cancelling them would have been worse than finishing them. But they have also benefited from lack of new competition.

But if you really dont care I have a few cubic zirconias laying around I will sell you for 2K a carat, as long as I show you a picture of a diamond it wont matter right?....
    Gdemami[Deleted User]jimmywolf[Deleted User]Phrybartoni33Tuor7
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited November 2018
    This is an across the board big business problem in general.  I don't want to upgrade my cell phone because they've removed the finger print sensor and the head phone jack and raised the price of the phones.  My car only has one lock for a key that's on the drivers side of the vehicle, all the rest have been removed, along with some other standard features.   Business trend is to cut corners while raising prices to maximize profits and try not to get caught.  So the gaming industry is not the only one cutting corners, unfortunately.  
    MadFrenchieGdemami[Deleted User]jimmywolfGorwe[Deleted User]PhryTuor7

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Who dafaq is piloting this ship?
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]TEKK3N
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    edited November 2018
    Who dafaq is piloting this ship?
    Why? What seems to be the problem Sir?

[Deleted User]jimmywolfGorweOctagon7711PhryBossChonobartoni33
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Kyleran said:

We could make him an honorary member.
    He'd have to take the Oath...
    [Deleted User]KyleranOctagon7711Phry

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I'm a grown ass ...
    More than we wanted to know about you honestly.
    Octagon7711Kyleran[Deleted User]ConstantineMerusPhry[Deleted User]BossChonoTuor7
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I smell a lawsuit coming...

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

I'm a grown ass adult who sees a bunch of other grown ass adults crying over a bag as sad, pathetic and does nothing but hurt all gamers.  
    It's symptomatic of real sloppy BS at the corporate level.  And Bethesda is nothing if not sloppy.

And as a wise old guy once said, 'If you have to tell people you're grown up, you're not grown up."
    EponyxDamorGdemami[Deleted User]PhryTuor7

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

It's symptomatic of real sloppy BS at the corporate level.  And Bethesda is nothing if not sloppy.

And as a wise old guy once said, 'If you have to tell people you're grown up, you're not grown up."
    Who are you referring to, Santa?

;)

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Gutlard said:
    Give me a canvas bag or give me death! Yeah, doesn't carry as much weight really...

One part of me has always thought we should stand up more for our hobby, the end product, fairness, etc., and I think we definitely should!

The other part of me thinks we're becoming a bunch of whiny beeches.

I'll let you guess which part I use for sitting.

Gut Out!

I guess because it is a bag for a collectors edition of a video game makes it seem like whining.   The think is though. . that is what Bethesa sells.  There are cars that are advertised and the promotional pamphlet shows LED lights. . the car they got had traditional lights.  I bought a car that had advertised a certain L/100K. . it was wrong and I got a gas card.

People can't just roll over on this stuff or it becomes standard . . .and then no one can complain.  Look at loot boxes.  This is a bigger issue and it sets precedent.  

I wouldn't care about the bag. . . much.  I would not do it again though.  Which is just why other people will try to pull the same crap.    

This isn't about your post so much. . I agree with you but it made me think about that #$%@ gas card I got.  What I wanted was a car with that mileage.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Actually if i had payed all that money out £175 i would have been completly peeved off and would be a very disgruntled person. Right now i bought FO76 for £50 2 weeks later its on sale with 40% off another week after that the sale has gone to 50% off, why because the game is SHIT in its CURRENT situation.

Yes people have been saying its another no mans sky BUT that game after 2 yrs got turned around and has become no only a decent game but a must play and recommended game to play, since its had a complete overhaul and is still being worked on and improved (though i myself have not replayed it as of yet, but hey i didnt take the refund either) yes i took a gamble on it improving.
    That is also from a SMALL developer team.

Fallout76 needs just as much work for it to become worthwhile investment, Bethesda are BIG and a top Dev team and yet throw out buggy incomplete and unthought out games like this. For a big company i would expect them to turn this game around within 6 months OR close it down. This is what i fear most and a waste of £50.
    Gdemami
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I was gonna just gonna clip this but got lazy, the first 30 seconds of the video are pure gold:

Bakgrind[Deleted User][Deleted User]PhryAeliousTuor7
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Itstimetodeal can say what he want, but consumer laws protect us from this tactic.

Cars?  Bait and switch?  Nope.

You think this is different?  Yes.  First world problem and yet you can't do what they did.  

This is the FIRST fallout I didn't buy on launch.  And low-n-behold...

GdemamiTuor7
  • KrynKryn Member UncommonPosts: 172
    edited December 2018
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

I'm a grown ass adult who sees a bunch of other grown ass adults crying over a bag as sad, pathetic and does nothing but hurt all gamers
    "Grown ass?"  You will never convince me you are grown.  The other part.  I 100% agree.

So you are worried about gamers rep?  I don't have one.  I play games 40 hours a week and never once has someone said man, you suck cause of bag!! Maybe the company should be worried about theirs?  I know for a fact you arent worried about rep with some of the stupid crap you say on these forums.  Now...if needed I accept whatever ban I get.  I can only take the toxic crap so much and this guy is so bad I don't even care if I get perma banned.  I mean...its on every post on the forum....the same gas bag.  Later.
    Gobstopper3D[Deleted User]
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Kryn said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

I'm a grown ass adult who sees a bunch of other grown ass adults crying over a bag as sad, pathetic and does nothing but hurt all gamers
    "Grown ass?"  You will never convince me you are grown.  The other part.  I 100% agree.

So you are worried about gamers rep?  I don't have one.  I play games 40 hours a week and never once has someone said man, you suck cause of bag!! Maybe the company should be worried about theirs?  I know for a fact you arent worried about rep with some of the stupid crap you say on these forums.  Now...if needed I accept whatever ban I get.  I can only take the toxic crap so much and this guy is so bad I don't even care if I get perma banned.  I mean...its on every post on the forum....the same gas bag.  Later.
    @SBFord @MikeB ;

4 out of the past 10 post have been @Kyleran @Bukutis and @kryn making personal attacks against me.

I'm not allowed to reply to them in kind as I was directed by the mods it's not allowed. It would be nice if you reined in the harassment and bullying on this site.  I get it I dont fall in line with the guys with 1000s of post and cool colored names and they are not enjoying an opposing view in their safe space.  If this is how you allow them to treat people its probably why this site can't muster a 100 unique posters a day.  
    Iselin[Deleted User]FlyByKnightKyleranPhryGobstopper3D[Deleted User]IkedaSolar_Prophet
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Kryn said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

@SBFord @MikeB ;

4 out of the past 10 post have been @Kyleran @Bukutis and @kryn making personal attacks against me.

I'm not allowed to reply to them in kind as I was directed by the mods it's not allowed. It would be nice if you reined in the harassment and bullying on this site.  I get it I dont fall in line with the guys with 1000s of post and cool colored names and they are not enjoying an opposing view in their safe space.  If this is how you allow them to treat people its probably why this site can't muster a 100 unique posters a day.  
    There's no one here in the past few weeks who has done more personal attacks or blanket attacks of the whole community, the forum color system and all kinds of other nonsense.

It's really rich that you're now whining when you're getting some of your own back. You've never tried to fit in and honestly I have no idea what you're still doing here.

Guess what the fruits of your misanthropy are?
    Slapshot1188[Deleted User]PhryGdemamikitaradGobstopper3D[Deleted User]MadFrenchiek61977
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Talk about being a prisoner of ones own stupidity.  :D

This stuff is super hilarious. The person is acting like it's actually an OWPVP game and they're getting grief/ganked by higher level players.

Wait... am I spawn camping now? Please submit a ticket to a GM.

BossChono
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited December 2018
    Kryn said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

@SBFord @MikeB ;

Wait, wut? I haven't replied to your posts or referenced you directly this entire thread.

Where was the "personal attack?"

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Kryn said:
    rodarin said:
    rodarin said:

@SBFord @MikeB ;

Wait, wut? I haven't replied to your posts or referenced you directly this entire thread.

Where was the "personal attack?"

Your jig is up is old man. Put your gun on the ground, slowly! 
    PhryGobstopper3DAeliousKyleranlahnmir
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung