Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bethesda it gets worse

HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
GdemamiPhry[Deleted User]Octagon7711Tuor7k61977JeffSpicoliMensur

Comments

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    They gave away for free canvas bags to people who will promote their game and for customers who paid they got shit bags instead. They could not afford to give people who paid money (a lot of money) the quality they gave people who will give good reviews and promote the game...figures.
    Phry

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    edited November 2018
    Ok I'm sorry the only thing obscene is his response to  fricking bag.  I've never watched him and thanks to this video I will never watch him again.

If all his videos are like this he is part of the problem and in no way helps the consumer or video games.  
    EponyxDamorMadFrenchieGdemamiPhry[Deleted User]Ikedaborghive49FlyByKnightYaevinduskPottedPlant22and 6 others.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Yea, I was skeptical this video was worth a thread, but it is a poignant example of where the priorities lie with developers and publishers these days.

This is the spit on the Bethesda hand that slapped their CE customers in the face.
    GdemamiOctagon7711

He also helped a lot of players who might have accepted the 500 atoms. It was good advice. 
    GdemamiPhryOctagon7711Tuor7

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    First world problem, to be certain. However, it is pretty crappy of Bethesda.
    [Deleted User]

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

kitarad said:
    He also helped a lot of players who might have accepted the 500 atoms. It was good advice. 
    Hes not a lawyer and repeating what he heard on reddit isnt going to win anyone a lawsuit.  Other than that great advice I guess...
    Pyuk said:
    First world problem, to be certain. However, it is pretty crappy of Bethesda.
    Absolutely first world problem.  But it's a trend of shitty behavior from pubs/devs.

These aren't even tough calls, and that's the most frustrating part.  Anyone with half a brain could tell you the last thing Bethesda needed with the game in the state it's in was to fuck CE buyers over like this.  They're either wildly incompetent or just don't give a shit.  Either situation is worth noting for the principle behind it.
    Gdemami[Deleted User]Gorwe

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Lawsuit incoming in 3...2.....
    mmolou

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    kitarad said:
    Hes not a lawyer and repeating what he heard on reddit isnt going to win anyone a lawsuit.  Other than that great advice I guess...
    Fortunately there are actual lawyers who are now looking at all this and when it comes to class action lawsuits, its this kind of thing that just gives them more ammunition. Things are likely to get very real for Bethesda now, certainly have to wonder what happened to Bethesda's PR department, its almost like they don't have one. :p
    [Deleted User]GdemamiDarkpigeonk61977F2Plague
    edited November 2018
    Ok I'm sorry the only thing obscene is his response to  fricking bag.  I've never watched him and thanks to this video I will never watch him again.

If all his videos are like this he is part of the problem and in no way helps the consumer or video games.  
    So you like getting screwed over then?  You're okay with paying for one thing but getting something else as a substitute?  Thing is, most people don't like getting bent over like that.  Sometimes they even get upset.  Imagine that.
    They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit suck it up as a lesson learned and  $20 bucks gone.  It's not the first collectors item and wont be the last to be a let down.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

If you think "getting bent over" is receiving a crappy bag real life is going to be a wake up call for you when you get there.  
    NephethGdemamiHarikenIselinYaevinduskGobstopper3DDarkpigeonk61977Interitus

So you like getting screwed over then?  You're okay with paying for one thing but getting something else as a substitute?  Thing is, most people don't like getting bent over like that.  Sometimes they even get upset.  Imagine that.
    They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit find return the bag and get $20 bucks back.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

If you think "getting bent over" is receiving a crappy bag real life is going to be a wake up call for you when you get there.  
    I would advise maybe actually reading past your trigger word before replying, because your sentence about just returning the bag and getting $20 bucks back indicates you have no clue what's actually even going on..
    [Deleted User]GdemamiHarikenKyleranGobstopper3DTuor7

They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit find return the bag and get $20 bucks back.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

I would advise maybe actually reading past your trigger word before replying, because your sentence about just returning the bag and getting $20 bucks back indicates you have no clue what's actually even going on..
    Yeah I know they arent doing refunds it's a $20 bag (that's being generous)  suck it up as a lesson learned and move on.  This is not the first and wont be the last time a collector's items didnt live up to the hype.  Grown adults have been crying about a damn bag for a week now.  Let that sink in...

No wonder society thinks gamers are a bunch of losers....its sad a small majority ruin the reputation of so many over stuff like a stupid bag.  
    Gdemami
    edited November 2018

Getting screwed over can take many forms.  Whether it's a bait and switch crappy bag or a used car you were sold that turns out to be a lemon, people can (and should) stand up for themselves and make noise when they get burned by a large corporation.  It is the noise makers that will help prevent this sort of thing from happening again as often in the future.  The people who defend, condone or otherwise discourage people from speaking up when they've been screwed over aren't helping anyone, including themselves .... well, except Bethesda ... they are helping them .... I'm sure Bethesda would prefer all their customers keep quite and enjoy the nylon bag.  But I'm glad they're not doing that and I hope Bethesda loses big over this.
    But maybe Bethesda would be kind enough to send these apologists a nice canvas duffle with faux strap top for their troubles.
    [Deleted User]PhryOctagon7711

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    The most part of the video is nonsense. You can't get a hold on Bethesda for giving out goody packs for free to any people they like to.
    On the other hand the nylon back compared to the real bag shown and advertised on Bethesdas homepage as a west-tek canvas bag for the collectors edition, that looks lika a case of false advertisement and you might get Bethesda to either compensate you for it or maybe return your CE.
    GdemamiDarkpigeonTuor7
    edited November 2018

Getting screwed over can take many forms.  Whether it's a bait and switch crappy bag or a used car you were sold that turns out to be a lemon, people can (and should) stand up for themselves and make noise when they get burned by a large corporation.  It is the noise makers that will help prevent this sort of thing from happening again as often in the future.  The people who defend, condone or otherwise discourage people from speaking up when they've been screwed over aren't helping anyone, including themselves .... well, except Bethesda ... they are helping them .... I'm sure Bethesda would prefer all their customers keep quite and enjoy the nylon bag.  But I'm glad they're not doing that and I hope Bethesda loses big over this.
    But maybe Bethesda would be kind enough to send these apologists a nice canvas duffle with faux strap top for their troubles.
    The bag in the video (backers) looks NOTHING like the bag in the promo though.  They are two completely different types of bags.  

The bag is a piece of shit I agree my point is the response about a bag is over the top, sad and pathetic, it's just desperate trolls trying to pile on a dead horse for clicks.  
    Gdemami
    Anthur said:
    The most part of the video is nonsense. You can't get a hold on Bethesda for giving out goody packs for free to any people they like to.
    On the other hand the nylon back compared to the real bag shown and advertised on Bethesdas homepage as a west-tek canvas bag for the collectors edition, that looks lika a case of false advertisement and you might get Bethesda to either compensate you for it or maybe return your CE.
    The point of the video is to highlight the fact that Bethesda can make these nice physical bags just fine when it's to persuade those with large audiences to hype their game for them.

When it comes to paying customers?  Fuck right the fuck off, apparently.

Consumers have a right to call Bethesda on bullshit moves like this.  It's detrimental to consumer interests in a fair, equitable, and straightforward transaction.
    [Deleted User]GdemamiHarikenKyleranNephethbartoni33Tuor7

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Anthur said:
    Well he does say the point of his video in the first 30 seconds, which is to show the true colors of the company. Bethesda honestly values a couple hundred content creators doing free PR work for them over people who pay them 200$. Yes, they got a free 'goodie bag' but they also got free round-trip flights and rooms, yet they can't cough up 20$ to make a bag. The funner thing is the 500 atoms aren't even enough to buy the IN-GAME canvas bag, which is 700 atoms lol.
    GdemamiTuor7
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    Give me a canvas bag or give me death! Yeah, doesn't carry as much weight really...

One part of me has always thought we should stand up more for our hobby, the end product, fairness, etc., and I think we definitely should!

The other part of me thinks we're becoming a bunch of whiny beeches.

I'll let you guess which part I use for sitting.

Gut Out!

MadFrenchie[Deleted User]Kyleran[Deleted User]

What, me worry?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Anthur said:
    They are offering $5 compensation in 'atom' the in game cash shop currency.
    Its an insult.
    Right now i can imagine that a good number of people who bought those CE's are absolutely furious with Bethesda and they have every right to be.
    I would urge them to also join the likely upcoming class action lawsuit, how successful it will be doesn't really matter, though i suspect it will be hugely successful. Bethesda has crossed a line and they need to be brought to task for it. :/
    [Deleted User]GdemamiDarkpigeon
    edited November 2018

Yeah I know they arent doing refunds it's a $20 bag (that's being generous)  suck it up as a lesson learned and move on.  This is not the first and wont be the last time a collector's items didnt live up to the hype.  Grown adults have been crying about a damn bag for a week now.  Let that sink in...

No wonder society thinks gamers are a bunch of losers....its sad a small majority ruin the reputation of so many over stuff like a stupid bag.  
    Dude, put your fucking agenda away for two minutes.  It's getting old.

Nobody gives a shit what you think of gamers as a whole, but we've all read what you think because you can't NOT include it everyehere you post.  Congrats.  Now move the fuck on and stop relating everything back to the same bullshit issue you bring to every single discussion you enter.
    [Deleted User]kitaradEponyxDamorKyleranGdemamiPhrybartoni33

Phry said:
    Anthur said:
    They are offering $5 compensation in 'atom' the in game cash shop currency.
    Its an insult.
    Right now i can imagine that a good number of people who bought those CE's are absolutely furious with Bethesda and they have every right to be.
    I would urge them to also join the likely upcoming class action lawsuit, how successful it will be doesn't really matter, though i suspect it will be hugely successful. Bethesda has crossed a line and they need to be brought to task for it. :/
    Wrong! Most who bought the CE are acting like adults (even the kids) and threw the bag to the side , are using it, tosssd it in the trash or wrapper it up as a present for someone.  
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    edited November 2018

he is a Rockstar fanboy he is used to it....
    [Deleted User]Kyleran
    Gorwe said:

They didnt get screwed over they got a bag and everything else that was supposed to be there.  Sure the bag is a piece of shit suck it up as a lesson learned and  $20 bucks gone.  It's not the first collectors item and wont be the last to be a let down.  To throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled child is obscene.  Giving the legal advice from reddit is ridiculous.   

The thing is, they don't want to refund the bag, they instead give you 500 units of Virtual Currency. Not only is it a piece of nothing(virtual currency lol - what's its worth once 76 goes offline?), it's also both not worth that amount in virtual currency(afaik 750 atoms) nor in its real world value(at least 10$ aka 1000 atoms). You have to agree it's a very shady thing. They fully deserve what's coming to them.
    Yeah I'm in agreement it's a shitty bag, their response has been shitty but...  Is it worth a week of videos and comments of grown men throwing a temper tantrum?  No it's not.  This does nothing but give the general population ammo when they call gamers a bunch of losers.  
    Gdemami
    rodarin said:

he is a Star citizen fanboy he is used to it....
    I've played Star Citzen for a total of 5 minutes during it's two free weekends.  You must have me confused.  
    edited November 2018
    I think they need to sue or demand for their money back. Set a precedent.
    Gdemami