Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamers are never happy no matter what games are released.

2»

Comments

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Maurgrim said:
    A new game are released and these are the things that will will pop up no matter how good the game is, it can be a godsend in gaming yet people are never satisfied.

1: Poor graphic ( in reality it has great graphic but they cant understand the difference between graphic and artstyle )
    2:My toon don't move or behave as i like ( In reality they used motion capture for main)
    3: To much content ( never understood this whining)
    4: To much grinding, ( You don't know what grinds means)
    5: It's on rails/It's not on rail ( play for fun or need a crutch for help?)

There are so many things a game can have yet there are so many whiners, I feel sorry for gaming studios.

actually I think gamers are too easy to please, they will take any crap as long it rub then in a certain way, if they really was never happy/hard to please, we wouldn't get crap games, like the 76
    Gdemami
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    It's funny, but your only proof is from internet posts...

These so-called "unhappy" gamers are the same people who dump millions into the very games they are unhappy with.  

You have to ask yourself whether they really are "unhappy" if they keep doing it over and over again?  Perhaps what they are most happy about is their .05 seconds of fame on the internet... it's the selfie generation after all.

"Unhappy" gamers pay a large chunk of change to fly to Blizzcon to stand in line to tell the developers what they really think in front of thousands while live on camera.  These pissants on the internet don't have the voice they think they do.  

If you're going to talk the talk, you need to walk the walk.

Anonymity on the internet makes it easy to say anything... conviction comes from stepping into the man's face and poking him on the chest when you say it.  Which words do you really think they hear?

Sovrath
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Asch126 said:
    Almost like everyone has different opinions and would complain about different things.

Welcome to being human, glad you finally figured it out.
    True, this!

Besides, isn't it considered "cool" to be a hater? (Say the angst-y jr high kids...)
    Sovrath

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• BestinnaBestinna Member UncommonPosts: 190
    wont know until a good game actually comes out. so far all the whining is justified
    Gdemami
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The right title should be :

SOME Gamers are never happy no matter what games are released.

Why don;t we just simplify it to Wizardry doesn't like anything? That about covers it around here don't you think?
    KyleranSovrathMaurgrim[Deleted User]HatefullConstantineMerus
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    If not being satisfied means I'm able to like something while pointing out the things that are obviously wrong instead of behaving like a drooling lobotomized all-or-nothing groupie doing free PR... yeah, I'm never satisfied. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Gdemami
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Cybersig211Cybersig211 Member UncommonPosts: 173
    I dont really find gamers are always unhappy.  MMORPG gamers yes.  But not all gamers for all game types.  There are plenty of games where people are perfectly happy with the product and developers.

I find the wider scope of people you hope to attract, the more angry gamers you get.  Games that try to appeal to all get the most where a very specific game that specialize in a specific niche seem to do the best in this regard....granted they tend to get less attention.

I can think of Warframe and Path of Exile as two games that are very niche and very popular and have very happy audiences and communities.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Iselin said:
    The right title should be :

SOME Gamers are never happy no matter what games are released.

Why don;t we just simplify it to Wizardry doesn't like anything? That about covers it around here don't you think?
    I gave up trying to figure out what the hell that dude is talking about a long time ago. I get that he likes nothing to do with gaming, except maybe final fantasy? I dunno, I can't waste any more energy on that guy. He generally makes about as much sense as a 3 AM drunk dial.
    Maurgrim

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I love when people complain about people complaining :)

And I'm sorry, but games could be a lot better than they are right now.

How many people remember when Smart phones were pretty shitty and a niche market?
    Then out came the iPhone. Bang, bar raised.

We need that for gaming.
    Gdemami
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Back in 2007 the argument was my game is better than yours.  Now it's about micro transactions.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited December 2018
    It doesn't matter if they release 5 million games,if they are all crap then that is it ,it doesn't matter what people say.
    We used to get the best effort a developer can muster now they are giving us far less than that.There seems to be a way bigger push for INSTANT gratification ,meaning devs want their cake and eat it too.
    Devs do not want to invest anymore and if they do they want to spend 1 year max then want that game out no matter what state it is in.They want instant profits,no more investing long term for the benefit of the game and gamer's ,it is all about NOW.

Unless anyone has been living under a rock,Bethesda has pretty much come out and said take it or leave it,they don't care what anyone thinks about the way they operate.

Most of these games are likely what we used to call 10-15 years ago,console games turned down but rehashed and selling them now 15 years later,some with new titles.Then i love the devs that claim 5/6/7 years but they only have 1-2 people  and the other ones shut down development for lack of money then restarted 5-7 years alter and claim ...10 years working on this game.

The best scenario,gamer's go educate themselves on game design so they can figure things out for THEMSELVES instead of always blaming people..hater's trolls ,all the immature responses.

delete5230

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Maurgrim said:
    A new game are released and these are the things that will will pop up no matter how good the game is, it can be a godsend in gaming yet people are never satisfied.

1: Poor graphic ( in reality it has great graphic but they cant understand the difference between graphic and artstyle )
    2:My toon don't move or behave as i like ( In reality they used motion capture for main)

There are so many things a game can have yet there are so many whiners, I feel sorry for gaming studios.

This is why I believe that MMO's need to focus more on one market for their game, as opposed to trying to please everyone.

They need to find what they want to make, what they want  to do with this game, and why they want to attract to this game, and work that, find their market point and focus, if other kinds of people play the game, great, but the game needs to focus on their marker first, and appease them.

The biggest mistake that MMO's make it trying to put in something for everyone.. NO.. find the group want this game to appeal to.. appeal the hell out of them.
    k61977deniterConstantineMerusAlBQuirkyGdemami
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Ungood said:
    Maurgrim said:

This is why I believe that MMO's need to focus more on one market for their game, as opposed to trying to please everyone.

They need to find what they want to make, what they want  to do with this game, and why they want to attract to this game, and work that, find their market point and focus, if other kinds of people play the game, great, but the game needs to focus on their marker first, and appease them.

The biggest mistake that MMO's make it trying to put in something for everyone.. NO.. find the group want this game to appeal to.. appeal the hell out of them.
    This is exactly how I feel.  To many games try to be everything for everyone instead of picking a group and making a game for them.  So what you wind up with 99% of the time is a game that is decent all around but not great at anything in return.  Would rather see that game that is great at what it set out to be instead of a game that is just decent for everyone.  Seems to many developers think you can't do good with a good niche these days.  It like they are afraid to commit to just one market of players.
    AlBQuirkyUngoodGdemami
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    I sortof had this conversation with my wife the other day.  "Do you think I complain too much?"  She said "yes".  I asked, what I should do to fix it because I don't like being so cynical.  She said I needed to change my attitude, and learn to appreciate more.  

Well, I try, I think.  It's difficult though.  Sure when a great game comes along, it's all praise.  But when you're excited for a new game, and that game turns out to be crap, it pisses you off.  

You cannot unsee what has been seen.  You cannot put the lid back on this box when it's been opened.  The truth about the gaming industry has been coming out a lot these past couple of years, and it is making gamers angry.  We feel like we are being taken advantage of.  

The first generations of games were made by people who loved games.  Did they do it for money?  Sure, but their love of the hobby shown through their design.  Today, those people and types of people are still in the industry, but they are being oppressed by the corporate dicks that run and control everything.  All in the name of money.  

So what we have on a constant basis is microtransactions in games that people have dreamed about forever (like Battlefront - people have always wanted a truetolife looking Star Wars game - well they got the graphics and sound down, but the gameplay is crap and filled with loot boxes).  We have sports "e-sports" (the opposite of what original gamers liked -- they were rejected from sports teams and groups that play them) that have permeated the entire structure of game design.  Games like Fortnite and Dota2, while still good games, dominate the entire market - shifting future developer ideas (due to the single desire for money, rather than love).  

Recently we have proof that huge beloved developers are now being run by huge corporations that truly only care about one thing - our money.  The love is fading.  We have lazy companies, we have lying companies, and we have greedy companies.  And to top it all off, we have entire communities drooling over these new "online celebrities", and worship their every move.  Even to the point of throwing money at them just so that sheep might get noticed.  

The entire industry is in a very sad state.  You have those of us who love the hobby, and have our eyes open.  And you have those who just follow whatever crowd is "popular". 

So while I'll continue to strive to just be appreciative of the hobby, I still can't help the fact my eyes are open.  
    Gdemami