Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Heroes of the Storm Sylvanas Update - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageHeroes of the Storm Sylvanas Update - MMORPG.com

In a future update, Sylvanas will be getting a significant update. According to the Heroes of the Storm Twitter, "With improved team fighting capabilities, a higher skill-cap, and a whole new set of powerful and engaging talents, the Banshee Queen is back and better than ever!"

Read the full story here

Comments

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Great changes, but honestly she feels a bit too strong... and that MC ult. Feels broken seeing that she can continue to do stuff unlike before.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    I bet I have about 300 or so hours spent playing this game. Haven't spent a dime. Haven't needed to. It's got its problems, primarily the match making systems, but overall I enjoy a few games every evening.
    SBFordArskaaa
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    boris20 said:
    I bet I have about 300 or so hours spent playing this game. Haven't spent a dime. Haven't needed to. It's got its problems, primarily the match making systems, but overall I enjoy a few games every evening.
    100% agreed. My favorite MOBA.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:
    boris20 said:
    100% agreed. My favorite MOBA.
    I play it too, because it's pretty casual friendly.  If QM queues are long, Elite level bot matches can actually be exciting if your team doesn't get an early lead and snowball (not tough to do, but you regularly get teammates who are less experienced in vs. AI, so I've had games where the bots almost beat us because we had a newbie Support or Tank lol).

I agree that it's super fun. Since the alpha I've been playing it and has been exclusively my only MOBA, but recently I just got too annoyed with the MM system, so I started playing LoL...
    My alt acc was GM last season yet I can't get my main acc to Master this season. It's frustrating because people are being placed way over their ranks and it's hard to carry(if you can say there is a carry in HotS) when every game you are stuck being support/no dmg tank cause your team just knows how to pick squishy dps.
    ZenJelly
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Hmm Sylvanas is one of those characters you don't really like to see on your team.
    In the past whenever that happened they would overpower the hero in question.

Li Li, Uther and Raynor.. there were times when those characters would be picked every game.
    Shortly after overpowering them they were nerfed into nothingness again and I fear that will happen to Sylvanas as well.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    This game probably won't last another year, it is performing pretty weak for Blizzard.
    edited November 2018

This game probably won't last another year, it is performing pretty weak for Blizzard.

Blizzard has never really shut down a released game, so I hope that just out of pure pride they will sink more money to improve the game, though honestly I don't think the game needs much more "drastic" improving apart from fixing the broken matchmaking.
    Both new and old players nowadays can't enjoy the game because matches are either you faceroll the enemy or the other way around due to at least 1-2 people on one of the teams being placed above their true rank.
    I get that probably the issue for that is the lesser amount of players compared to other MOBAs, but that's also the reason for the lesser amount... so Blizzard needs to make a decision and do it now cause if this keeps up for 1-2 more seasons they will definitely shut it down.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    edited November 2018

Part of the old Blizzard fanboy was initiated in me when I read this... but yeah. I remembered we're going into 2019 Actiblizz.

But instead of it not lasting, I'd say it will get a mobile version. Maybe a switch version.

Which wouldn't be too bad, I guess.

The game in itself is pretty good for a MOBA. But I don't like the genre as a whole.
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    MC seems OP. ranged taunt basically.