Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion 2 trailer (Don't be surprised)

DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503

https://aion2.plaync.com

Mmorpg mobile game  :'(

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Yep, that came out with all the other mobile announcements during their financial report earlier this month. Blade & Soul 2, Blade & Soul M, Lineage 2M too.

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/ncsoft-doubles-down-on-mobile-mmos-and-sequels-aion-2-blade-and-soul-2-and-more-1000050453

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2018
    I got confused when I saw it, cause it looks more lika a PC game visually.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/477286/aion-2-and-blade-soul-2-for-pc
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Kabulozo said:
    I got confused when I saw it, cause it looks more lika a PC game visually.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/477286/aion-2-and-blade-soul-2-for-pc
    All of them do, but they're all mobile. Nary a PC game in sight.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    SBFord said:
    Yep, that came out with all the other mobile announcements during their financial report earlier this month. Blade & Soul 2, Blade & Soul M, Lineage 2M too.

https://www.mmorpg.com/news/ncsoft-doubles-down-on-mobile-mmos-and-sequels-aion-2-blade-and-soul-2-and-more-1000050453
    Hope they will also release a few pc games

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Dragnelus said:
    SBFord said:

Hope they will also release a few pc games
    only one would be but it was not mentioned, also remember its a trailer, the launched version will be a lot diferent, like it was with the first aion
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    ewwwww NCsoft and a mobile game which will be a soulless p2w crap. 

I'd rather sleep in a diarrhea-laden dirty bed filled with snakes, scorpions, cockroaches, deer ticks, lice, scabies, bed bugs, and Ebola surrounded by Tsetse flies with no bed net as well as Bill Cosby serving me drinks. 

Cryomatrix

ceratop001GorweKyleran
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Who ever brings out a gamepad form cell phone will clean up.
    Not against the mobile movement but do not see how anyone could enjoy something like this on their phones is all.  Ipad I can get on board with I guess with the bigger 10 - 12 inch screens providing a suitable playing space.

Tetris and candy crush is about the type of games I could see playing on a phone if that was my type of game.
    Touchscreen controlling sucks.  It is the biggest thing holding me back.  
    deniterSBFordZenJellyGdemamiKyleran
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    I would consider playing mobile games too if there was a proper (preferably wireless) controller and a big screen i could connect my phone to.

But i guess this innovation already exists and is called 'a gaming console'.
    SBFordVermillion_Raventhal
  • asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Aion was a decent asian mmorpg when i first played, don't know about nowa days though.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Not against the mobile movement but do not see how anyone could enjoy something like this on their phones is all.  Ipad I can get on board with I guess with the bigger 10 - 12 inch screens providing a suitable playing space.

Tetris and candy crush is about the type of games I could see playing on a phone if that was my type of game.
    Touchscreen controlling sucks.  It is the biggest thing holding me back.  

I've tried a few MMOs on a tablet (phone screen is far too small), and they can actually be OK, but very much in the 2000's style graphics and control wise (i.e. tab-target whack-a-mole) ... I suspect Aion 2 and the like will be more of the mobile 'action' style (as eastern games tend to be), which yeah, are pretty much garbage gameplay / control wise (graphics can be OK), and tend to be little more than a fancy skin for their cash shop.

* Best 'mobile MMO' I've found so far is Celtic Heroes... haven't tried OSRS though.

deniter said:
    I would consider playing mobile games too if there was a proper (preferably wireless) controller and a big screen i could connect my phone to.

But i guess this innovation already exists and is called 'a gaming console'.
    As I said someone who can make a proper gaming device could likely clean up. 

I have actually done that just the input lag was too much.  PS3 controller and HDMI dock. That was about 4 phone generations ago, Samsung note 4.  You could also hook keyboard and mouse to it.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    ewwwww NCsoft and a mobile game which will be a soulless p2w crap. 

I'd rather sleep in a diarrhea-laden dirty bed filled with snakes, scorpions, cockroaches, deer ticks, lice, scabies, bed bugs, and Ebola surrounded by Tsetse flies with no bed net as well as Bill Cosby serving me drinks. 

Cryomatrix

Pure comedy :smiley:
    Gorwe

• MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Aori said:
    There are controllers for mobile devices.
    there are also pc's with every type of control scheme one could want lol, no one wants mobile at least not any serious gamer.
    Gdemami
  • WoeToTheVanquishedWoeToTheVanquished Member UncommonPosts: 276
    yeah, it would seem that the time of PC gaming is over. we, as players, are now ancient and outdated. the things you love and remember will be replaced with tiny handheld device that causes even worse eye strain and feeble hardware.

Sure, you may find solace that some mobile games have graphics similar to when you were a child, but the fact still remains that mobile game are garbage. 

PAY TO WIN - MICROTRANSACTION - NOT YOUR FRIEND - AND COULDN'T IDENTIFY YOU FROM THE NEXT CREDIT CARD TRANSACTION.

The alpha and upcoming omega.
    Gdemami
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I would have no problem with these mobile games if they were also coming to PC with crossplay. 

• KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2018
    They are still developing PC games, according the their report they have PC games in development alongside their mobile projects.

They just discovered a goldmine in mobiles with Lineage M launch last year, so as a business perspective, makes sense to join the mobile frenzy when they are making much more than their current PC titles.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/477329/ncsoft-3rd-quarter-2018-revenues/p1

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Or if someone out there provided a legal emulator for PC and not with the skinny 200x1020 view either,i want a full screen.
    I thought that was what Playsation was doing with their new idea but i guess they don't have anyone smart in house to think of actual GOOD ideas.

I guess we have to wait for Microsoft to provide us with their cloud idea so we can play any game anywhere.Not surprised,Microsoft has all the money and money seems to be controlling all of this planet.
    Gorwe

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Wait so Aion 2 is a mobile game? 

Sovrath
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I can't believe there is that big a market for this crap.
    Gdemami
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Mikeha said:
    I would have no problem with these mobile games if they were also coming to PC with crossplay. 

With pc/mobile/ps5/xbox
    Mikeha

Viper482 said:
    Everyone has phones. What do you expect?

alkarionlogViper482
  • MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Viper482 said:

I have a phone, never once played a game on it.. don't think I ever will. It could (Note 8), just don't see the point. I guess I am in the minority though based on recent developments so I lose.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    the mobile market has blown up. just not here. not yet. companies are trying to bring it here. why do you think Nintendo did the Switch? its huge there. sure everyone here hated the Diablo announcement, but we all know they loved it out West. 
    Viper482 said:

I have a phone, never once played a game on it.. don't think I ever will. It could (Note 8), just don't see the point. I guess I am in the minority though based on recent developments so I lose.
    The point is phones potential customers are in the billions.  Market penetration is just insane.