Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SmileGate confirms Lost Ark is heading to the west

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
https://mmos.com/news/smilegate-confirms-lost-ark-coming-west

Quote: 
"Usually China proves to be a more alluring next-step for Korean MMORPG developers, but the recent gaming approval freeze in China means that the world's biggest gaming market is currently off limits. To give a sense of China's importance to SmileGate, 80% of their total sales last year came from the Chinese version of their tactical shooter Crossfire.

China's loss is our gain. With these Chinese market closed to them, SmileGate has chosen instead to focus its attention on an English/International version of Lost Ark."

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The question is by the time it gets here will anyone have any interest in playing it ?
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    thunderC said:
    The question is by the time it gets here will anyone have any interest in playing it ?
    Yeah I think so as long as it's within a decent amount of time and not 5 years or something. It's generating a lot of buzz within my friends online and they usually would never pay attention to a game like this.

It looks really good. 
    JeffSpicoli
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Definitely gonna come quicker now, since they won't be doing a Chinese version first, and I do believe people will be interested. Lots of ARPG fans looking for something with more depth than Diablo 3 and more of an MMO than Path of Exile.
  • SephrinxSephrinx Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Damn shame that it's a F2P P2W game. If not for that, I'd be so incredibly excited to play this game. I've been following it for years and constantly looking up more info on it every few months. 
    Scot[Deleted User]

imageimageimageimage

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I am excited I mean really excited. I do wish they'd hurry it up.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KuryaeinKuryaein Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Sephrinx said:
    Damn shame that it's a F2P P2W game. If not for that, I'd be so incredibly excited to play this game. I've been following it for years and constantly looking up more info on it every few months. 
    Do you immediately THINK it's P2W because it is F2P or do you have evidence that it is P2W?
    SkymourneBlacklabelcali
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
      Game always makes me think of what is now Warlords Awakening, Now it certainly has a more robust engine , But the gameplay and UI nearly identical to WA...
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    DMKano said:
    Get ready for a more polished Devilian ;)
    Is that a bad thing? I thought you liked that game.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    edited December 2018
    Kuryaein said:
    Sephrinx said:
    Do you immediately THINK it's P2W because it is F2P or do you have evidence that it is P2W?

Honestly 99 out of 100 f2p titles are usually pay2win in a major way. Then you have the oddballs, like LoL and path of exile. This one is f2p AND korean so its pretty much for sure going to be massivly pay2win. Pay2win is huge in china/korea, they love it over there, compared to the west where people are very anti-pay2win.

Name a korean f2p mmo that isn't heavily pay2win, It'll be pretty damn hard to find one.

That said, I watched a streamer or 2 play this for a bit and it looks like it might be worth a try at least.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• LuidenLuiden Member RarePosts: 336
    Not interested in these trash copy cat games that keep getting developed in China/Korea and then 'ported' over here to basically steal money with their pay to win model.
    Mothanos
  • ZiCrOZiCrO Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Yes because is there a good alternative? Don't think so.