Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls: Summerset on steam, does it include Morrowind chapter?

2»

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 14,421
    gervaise1 said:
    <snip>

Thank you very much for the indepth explanation.

I got the 15 euro summerset edition which I guess has the base game and summerset, but not morrowind and warden.

I think I will ask a refund and get the base game for 10 dollars and then the 11 dollar upgrade to summerset as it is cheaper than buying morrowind and warden separately.

Also, I have a very old 2014 account with the imperial edition which I barely ever played. Do you think I can link steam account to it?
    See @Torval 's comments above about Steam and ESO - I don't play through Steam - they didn't work well together. From Torval's comments though it sounds that things have changed and if log into ESO via Steam ESO will recognise what you have bought even if Steam doesn't. Used to mess up if you had "two copies" of the base game!

One further point: have you tried logging on to your Imperial edition account? Maybe direct. When ESO went b2p people who owned the game prior to that point in time were allocated some crowns. I think there was a base number that increased depending on how many months subscribed (remember 30 days included with initial purchase so at least 1). Not sure whether it varied by edition.  
    Thanks, it is at 92% as we speak, the direct PC version that is.

I will find out in a bit :)

It is a shame that they have to resort to these things. By the way, that demoted to DLC thing is not happening as Morrowind is still called a chapter in their website: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/updates

Talk about being confuzzled! (confused and puzzled lol)

It's weird that they haven't even bothered to update Morrowind's status on their own website but where some see deception I just see incompetence :)
    gervaise1Torval
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

"... the "influencers" which is the tech name we call sell outs now..."
    __ Wizardry, 2020
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,098
    An honest company would just make a table that explained exactly what is included in each version, as well as in ESO Plus.  Then there would be no confusion.  But Zenimax is not an honest company, so they didn't.
    laxieGorwekitarad
    Quizzical said:
    An honest company would just make a table that explained exactly what is included in each version, as well as in ESO Plus.  Then there would be no confusion.  But Zenimax is not an honest company, so they didn't.
    I don't disagree that they sometimes are duplicitous with their spin. I absolutely distrust anything that comes out of Pete Hines' mouth and the whole "chapter" thing is, IMO, a disgraceful spin on what honestly happened: they changed their business model of having all DLC included with ESO+ to having all but one per year included and they called that one exception a "chapter."

However you can be both duplicitous and incompetent. One doesn't cancel out the other.

If ZOS and Bethesda have a secret corporate motto, they have proven over and over that this motto is "Meh, that's good enough." Their QC is atrocious and so is their attention to detail. I really don't think the confusion over versions and packages is deliberate - it's just how they roll.

OG_ZorvanTorval
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,065
    If you have to read several pages of forum threads just to know what expansion you're buying, they sure fucked up somewhere.
    Quizzical
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,103
    You can still play the stand alone and don't have to play through Steam once they are linked. . someone just mentioned that you have to buy future "expansions" or "chapters" through Steam.  I can not verify this but No one on that forum (official) disagreed.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Gorwe said:
    Quizzical said:
    Maybe they're just incompetent? Not sure whether that's better tbh. Regardless, they managed to pull through thick and thin and hence the claim for les incompetents is...they're crooked, ok?
    Trump's brother is on their board of directors... 'nough said :)
    kitaradTorvalGorwe
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,955
    Quizzical said:
    By right it should be mandated it is tantamount to cheating.

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 8,876
    I received Morrowind for free when I purchased Summerset as a preorder so I was able to play it before Summerset hit. Honestly I thought the Morrowind expansion was much better than Summerset. Summerset island is nice, some of the quests were great, but it was short. There was something about Vvardenfell that I really liked. The whole zone and the story was just awesome. There was a lot more quests, and felt a bit more epic adventure-wise.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,098
    Gorwe said:
    Quizzical said:
    Maybe they're just incompetent? Not sure whether that's better tbh. Regardless, they managed to pull through thick and thin and hence the claim for les incompetents is...they're crooked, ok?
    Come on.  This isn't very hard:

I literally decided to make that box all of 12 minutes before this post was posted.  Players shouldn't regard it as authoritative, as some of the boxes may be wrong.

A company so incompetent as to be unable to make a simple table like that or even figure out that it would be helpful is so pathetic that there's no way that they'd ever be able to launch a working game.  A lot of screw-ups can be explained by incompetence, but not this one.
    ESO.png 26.9K
    Quizzical said:
    Gorwe said:
    Quizzical said:
    Come on.  This isn't very hard:

I literally decided to make that box all of 12 minutes before this post was posted.  Players shouldn't regard it as authoritative, as some of the boxes may be wrong.

A company so incompetent as to be unable to make a simple table like that or even figure out that it would be helpful is so pathetic that there's no way that they'd ever be able to launch a working game.  A lot of screw-ups can be explained by incompetence, but not this one.
    One Tamriel and Homestead were not DLC. They were base game additions. Otherwise it looks pretty good.
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

__ Wizardry, 2020
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 2,659
    It's confusing because I bought the base game and Morrorind + Warden class was already unlocked while others bought the base game and had to upgrade to the ESO collection to get Morrowind + Summerset + Warden calss unlocked while others had to purchase Morrowind + Summerset through the crown stores and others said that Summerset can't be bought with crowns so I don't konw the answer. ESO+ should unlock all DLC content but I really have no clue.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.