Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Hard Mode Mecha Raid Dungeon Open Beta Gameplay Impressions

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageLost Ark Hard Mode Mecha Raid Dungeon Open Beta Gameplay Impressions

YouTuber "KineticGTR" has taken to the airwaves to show off his experience in the hard mode "mecha raid" called The Heart of Krater. He calls it his favorite dungeon so far and "it's unlike anything else with its crazy futuristic design". It's a wild and unexpected video featuring some pretty unique gameplay with three bards and a berserker taking on the content. You won't want to miss it!

Read the full story here

Comments

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    walks in an empty area "This is awesome!!"
    [Deleted User]JeroKanegastovski1velimirius
  • skullhead51skullhead51 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    edited November 2018

DMKano said:

The dungeon takes way too long because of the stupid unnecessary crap minigames and cinematic jumps that get old the 2nd time you do it. 

Also mech gameplay where you literally use 2 abilities over and over again for 20min straight is... awesome?

Yeah do this run 50 times and tell me how awesome it is....

Been playing the Korean open beta for a while and for me the gameplay is just not all that sadly.

Lots of other dungeons use the same old tired time waste jumps minigames etc... that add nothing to the gameplay other than to annoy the players ok repeated runs.

I mean if the dungeons were designed to where you only run them once - it would be fine, but you will be running these lots of times and its just annoying having to waste 90% of your time on absolutely pointless crap.

"Oh look we get to ride these hoverboards again to dodge plasma beams and energy mines where no one ever dies.... yay!"

/smh this filler no-challenge minigame content does not belong in anything that players will run for 100s of times 

Seems a bit nitpicky for a story dungeon that probably was intended to be run once. The daily dungeons that do re-use story dungeons cut down on the size, change mobs/bosses, and remove cinematic cutscene stuff. So they are just mindless kite mobs into a group then nuke em or just ignore them and rush to the bosses just like you wanted lol.

If there was one dungeon to complain about, it would be the ice one that requires you to find the right teleporter to move onto the next level. If you choose the wrong one, you end up going back so you pretty much need a map or you'll accidentally get lost and run in a circle a few times. Probably a few will curse the devs for it. lol

Also one thing this game is missing, is a place to just farm/grind mobs all day. End-game is literally tons of dailies, island events, 100 percenting all side content, life skills, and secrets in all zones for the extra skill points, stats and unlocking more gated content by equipment level and collectibles called island hearts to unlock half of the map and more raids.
    GravendBlacklabelcaliNephethDelondial
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I'm gonna play it.
    Mikeha
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    This isn't a dungeon you re-run at end game. As he said in the video he "just hit level 50". Most endgame content is world bosses gated by ilvl.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Impressions on a dungeon for a game that barely has a release date in it's native country and JUST got a planned publisher for NA?

Cool.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    My lord,who is this guy in the video...BEST GAME EVER? i mean that smells of a partnership if i ever seen one.

He is walking down SUPER small linear lanes then some horribble ai FODDER runs at him,he EASILY wastes the fodder w/o a blink and he calls that BEST EVER...lol,pretty low standards for gaming i guess,was this guy playing backgammon before this or something?
    Blacklabelcali

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Utinni said:

This isn't a dungeon you re-run at end game. As he said in the video he "just hit level 50". Most endgame content is world bosses gated by ilvl.

Ilevel gaming is one of the worst ideas to ever hit games that really turns me off.It even ruined my favorite game FFXI and was in FFXIV as well,so now they all join Wow in terrible game design.

Can you imagine when the American troops were about to engage Bin Laden then one officer says ..OH WAIT...STOP,we can't go after him we don't have Ilevel 120 combat gear.

Blacklabelcali

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• asdfsdf34534asdfsdf34534 Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Another Diablo knock off asian arpg made by people who live in a country that doesn't even matter. next please
    SBFordFlyByKnight[Deleted User]armageddonx911BlacklabelcaliNepheth
    I'm amazed at some of the responses to settings/set pieces for the game. Anime styled story tellers frequently disrupt fantasy with steampunk or mecha. Weapon and armor exaggeration is a thing as well. Is this your first taste? Or do you do this song and dance every time?
    Blacklabelcali
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited November 2018

nickiamx said:

Another Diablo knock off asian arpg made by people who live in a country that doesn't even matter. next please

• Appropriately responds
    • More minions or fence sitters say "you're just as much of a douche for responding"
    • Invites all, to pop that ignorant sh!# off the board
    • Someone who who didn't even post sends PM
    • It's groundhog daaaaaaay!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Well.. these streams have convinced me this is just another Devillian or Mu. In other words, a isometric MMO.. 'not' a Diablo style aRPG.

Not what aRPG fans want.
    Blacklabelcaliarmageddonx911
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • armageddonx911armageddonx911 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    mmorpg.com where old deadbeat dads come to express how they hate every online game ever created but can't fathom it's all in their head.
  • skullhead51skullhead51 Member UncommonPosts: 20

The problem being like Kano pointed out that this will likely be run multiple times. There were a couple of level 50ish dungeons in FFXIV that were super annoying to run as well after 1 time due to the cut scenes and one had this completely pointless mech moment where again no one died it was just run and gun for 10 minutes. Bad part being is these were tied to the story so you had to do them and at the time for tomes to get some pre raid gear.

If they are one and done or optional would love to see more quirky dungeons like this but if I am going to do it several times then would just rather not.

I should probably have explicitly stated this is a level 48-50 story dungeon that rarely ever gets run more than once and like I mentioned was most likely designed to only be run once in this format. All the end-game dungeons so far are redesigns that you blow through in like 10 minutes. This one doesn't even drop entry level "end-game" gear because the game starts locking content progression behind ilevel and collectibles. Which for some people might be a turn off, but I think they pace content pretty well so you don't burn through all raids within weeks instead of months.

A con this game does have is that you spend a large amount of your time on your boat traveling between places or waiting for the event/boss to spawn. And boss events spawn randomly within an interval and not on the clock, so if you are on an unlucky channel, you might have to wait there for several minutes longer for an event you may or may not get the tag/rewards for. All these events are intended to be done multiple times so you can get the collectible island hearts that reward you more gear, mats and the rest of the world map for collecting.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I'd definitely try this game. Looks fun so far.
  • KilingpurKilingpur Member CommonPosts: 1
    Wann ist di relase date für europe ?