Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria early access Dec. 4 on Steam

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
edited November 2018 in Legends of Aria
Looks like LoA is finally getting ready to launch on Steam as early access!  Anyone planning to play it?  I still have my doubts as to how well the karma system will control ganking.  I've already backed the game a good while ago, though, so there's no harm in my trying it again now.
Post edited by MightyUnclean on

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I'm so ready to play this. :)
    Existentialist

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347
    The thread title says "launch" and the original post says "early access".  So which is it?
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Yeah early access implies the game is not nearly ready to be sold,yet guess what,they take your money..lol

Then you look at any typical time frame after and you will notice VERY little work gets done up until the actual release date.I'll just point to H1Z1,2 years later and almost nothing was done,so if it was early access,EARLY<<keyword,you would EXPECT to see a LOT done over 2 years.

No they are simple gimmicks,perhaps even to undermine consumer rights the way free to play does it.Want a refund,too bad,early access,so see every developer loves to use this phrase now.

IMO you have no business selling an unfit product,claiming it is not a sale is bullshit,you receive a bill of sale,a receipt for your purchase.Matter of fact the law says you cannot sell an unfit product,that is why these businesses try to word it in a way to undermine your rights.

Bottom line,these are all just businesses trying  to get your money and will stoop to anything to get it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So....its going from alpha to beta to paid beta....wait what?
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Wizardry said:
    Bottom line,these are all just businesses trying  to get your money and will stoop to anything to get it.
    This idea has to stop. No indie game project is made with the intention to milk money out of players. They all know they will very very likely never get rich, and only if they are lucky and work hard they might be able to sustain a salary for themselves in the long run. These games are all made from the desire to see their vision come to life, and maybe they are not professional or skilled enough to pull it off, but they certainly don't do it for the quick buck.
    There are plenty other ways with much higher chance of success if you want to make quick money or scam people, almost none of them has anything to do with games; not even a mobile game because these days you need a big budget to push a mobile game through the clutter.

Is Legends of Aria worth it ? to some it is worth every penny, to others not even a penny.
    Will Legends of Aria close down next week ? Maybe it will, or maybe it will be an that awesome game that you play for 10 years. But you can be damn sure that none of the devs will sit on their personal Island in the Caribbean laughing at how they made a fortune of silly players supporting their indie game.
    ManWithNoTanultimateduck
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited November 2018
    No WASD?:( I can't even think without having that. The game looks very interesting from what I read. Anyone know if it has keyboard control?

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
     I invested in the game  early and have been playing here and there (alpha's, beta's, stress tests. I can't get into it yet b/c the game still needs some development.  I think I will play it more after early access goes away.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited November 2018
    kjempff said:
    Wizardry said:
    No indie game project is made with the intention to milk money out of players. ...but they certainly don't do it for the quick buck.

Really? Then why its says PRE-ORDER NOW on their website? Pre-order...alpha? What?
    https://www.legendsofaria.com/purchase/

Cat ears in medieval game?   Sigh  >.>
    https://legendsofaria.gamepedia.com/Loyalty_program

"The first MMORPG to fully support player run servers."
    What does it even mean, private servers? Alot of multiplayer games have that option. They think its feature..?

Also alot of people excited to play this game because of nostalgia of UO. Ive never played, so...Im guessing this game isnt for me?
    And its purely for small audience (like D2 for example), not only releasing it on steam is absolutely pointless, but in EA? How do they plan to make money to finish it?

Yeah, somebody mocked insane system requirement on steam forum (16gb RAM). And in return get same smartES reply...   >.>
    Like i said not only it will attract just kids (that like GTA/PUBG etc), but even people who like the game (so called adults), cant even give civil reply.   

And theres no regional price yet...
    ManWithNoTanGdemami
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    No WASD?:( I can't even think without having that. The game looks very interesting from what I read. Anyone know if it has keyboard control?
    It has wasd option in settings (with right click move camera). Was one of the first things I switched to, because the default is kinda wonky to me.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Wow they will release this next week? Watching streamers and the game looks horrible, boring to play. Why would i pay when i can go to an old UO server and play the same thing with more depth? My guess is it will be a small community, and the the devs will give up and start a Cash shop and the next thing you know it will be F2P.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    It definitely needs a lot of attention, but I'm enjoying it with all of its faults.  Graphics kinda outdated....check.  Glitches....check.  Probably shouldn't release yet.... check.  Enjoying it... 
    check.  Looking forward to launch on tuesday.

ManWithNoTan

I self identify as a monkey.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     Ive played UO all these 21 years ..

Ive tested LoA each build including the latest ..

Its does not hold a candle to UO , lacking in every single way imo...

Do not be fooled by imitations , if you want an UO expereince there is only one place to get it still ..............

caganlahnmirGdemami
  • dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210
    There is a WASD option in the mouse settings window, but it should have been offered as a choice when initially starting the game.
  • cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445
    edited November 2018
    I will wait 6 months for this. Either it will turn out to be smthg horrible, go F2P with cash shop just like ALbion is going to be in a month or two. Or they might actually fix this mess. We will see in 6 months...
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    So whats the verdict on this game, I see its launching on Jan 8th on steam. Iv been watching some streams of this on Twitch and I'm not sure if its the game but the people playing seem to be in a comatose like state playing this. 
    • Aloha Mr Hand !