Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76: Plans and Recipes - MMORPG.com

Comments

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

I don't understand what this game is trying to be, PVE there are no npc and limited amount of people, and PVP it's restricted. to me this is one confusing game.

Pretty sure it was supposed to be more RPG oriented but then something happened and there was either pressure to stop the development or they underestimated time required to finish the game. Either way, they found a solution to make money with the incomplete product by calling it "a survival game" and adding some MOBA features on top of the cake.

Whatever the truth behind Fallout76 production might be, it's obvious the game was not designed like this originally, but if the game is fun enough for someone to play as it is now, then all the work done by now was not wasted and some of it can be salvaged.
  • berlightberlight Member UncommonPosts: 345

thunderC said:

berlight said:

True. The game is 25$ already LOL!

I'd throw 25 bucks at this turd , I see it 40 on the store though

not sure if I can say here but if you search on allkeyshop you'll see

Beta tester maniac

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    berlight said:

thunderC said:

berlight said:

not sure if I can say here but if you search on allkeyshop you'll see
    it's closer to 30 dollars, thats in euros, and only the PC version.

As a basis for comparison though, several sites including walmart had sales on RDR2, ranging from 35 dollars up to 50 dollars. Another game that also just released and was very popular.

It's black friday folks, pretty much every game goes on sale, or there's a special deal with them.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Greenman gaming is cheapest I found in US. Its 39 or something then when you sign up (or already have an account) you get another 7% off. Makes it just over 35 bucks. 35.18 I think. I broke down and bought it. But I wont play it for awhile. Supposedly theyre going to get a lot of patches in over the next couple weeks so will probably start it then. More than likely after they up storage to above 400.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    DMKano said:
    Fallout 76 is the worst reviewed Bethesda game in 12 years. What's more worrying for them though is the low sales.

They screwed the pooch on this one - the sales underperformed big time. 

For me - the game is worth $5 - $7 tops - I wouldn't be surprised to see marketing come up with a witty $7.60 sale for this lol

I don't own this, but watching it on youtube, I'd think it should have been built as a DLC for FO4.
    bartoni33PhryIselin
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    thunderC said:

berlight said:

but if you wait till xmas or new year would be 15, i'm pretty sure it would go even lower, too bad it was not on steam lol
    Given Steams policy on returns, i doubt Bethesda would have risked it. :/
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    DMKano said:
    Fallout 76 is the worst reviewed Bethesda game in 12 years. What's more worrying for them though is the low sales.

For me - the game is worth $5 - $7 tops - I wouldn't be surprised to see marketing come up with a witty $7.60 sale for this lol

I guess that depends on what their sales are, and since we don't know anything apart from box sales.... it's pretty much a moot point. 

Everyone I know who owns it is enjoying it... certainly worth more than 5-7 dollars, but I'm glad to see the negativity out of the game, because in it, there is none. Everyone I've met is having a great time.
    RosenborgRovn

DMKano said:

I guess that depends on what their sales are, and since we don't know anything apart from box sales.... it's pretty much a moot point. 

Everyone I know who owns it is enjoying it... certainly worth more than 5-7 dollars, but I'm glad to see the negativity out of the game, because in it, there is none. Everyone I've met is having a great time.
    By now anyone who didn't like it has likely uninstalled and refunded, where possible at least.
    That the game did not sell well is pretty much a matter of public record now and has only been further reinforced by the games rapid drop in price.
    FO76 has been a disaster for Bethesda in terms of PR and in terms of sales, there is absolutely no hiding that now, the only question really is whether they accept the reasons for this failure and reconsider their plans for the game engine for the upcoming games, its blatantly clear to everyone now just how bad and outdated the creation/gamebryo engine is.
    Unless they use something more appropriate for their other upcoming games and make more of an effort making the games than was shown with F076, then i seriously doubt that FO76 will be the last time their game sales fall flat. :/
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    One thing that bothers me is they could've had a way better character creation. I thought a online fallout game would be a thing where we can pick whether you are from a vault and what vault, choose if you are a human, mutant, or ghoul.. choose your special stats, background etc but instead we get none of that and also no factions to join, no true main story (computer entries and paper notes are lore, not story). The list goes on for me.  Very disappointed. 
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

klash2def said:
    One thing that bothers me is they could've had a way better character creation. I thought a online fallout game would be a thing where we can pick whether you are from a vault and what vault, choose if you are a human, mutant, or ghoul.. choose your special stats, background etc but instead we get none of that and also no factions to join, no true main story (computer entries and paper notes are lore, not story). The list goes on for me.  Very disappointed. 
    Everything about it just screams low budget rush job, everything could have been better. :/
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    I was one defending the game when it released.

I've changed my mind slightly, after hitting level 15. IMO the game just simply isn't finished. Bugs, I don't mind all that much. That's not what did it for me. It is the lack of polish on mechanics that is irritating. For one, and I believe this is finally being addressed, is the lack of storage space. Second, is the lack of inventory categories/sorting.

But the most important, and MAJOR thing to me is the mob levels. It's like they mean nothing. Let me give an example....

When you start the game, and you are going to the first quest destination, you encounter some little robots, dogs, and maybe some scorched. They are appropriately level 1's. Game seems normal at this point, and is decent fun. When you are about level 5-7, and go to another quest destination, you arrive and see more mobs. You see a couple level 9's and think everything is normal that maybe you are underleveled. But then you see a bunch more mobs.....that are level 1's. You kill them all, and feel puzzled.

Fast forward to level 15 or so. You go to the next MAIN STORY mission on your list. Arrive at the destination, and you are seeing, for example, super mutants. Levels are all over the place, mostly above yours. Again, you feel underleveled. However, you kill them anyway. Then you see, at the same location, a level 52....

That's FIFTY-TWO! Oh, and it has a crown beside it's name, indicating it is like "legendary" or "king". You remember that in the past few hours you have had to fight these "boss" type mobs that they were a bit harder than the rest. Well, after taking cover behind some rocks and fighting carefully, you end up killing this guy. You-15 vs Badass-52.

Really???

He drops some decent gear. Upgrades for all of the stuff you are using, and some cool new weapons like a gatling laser that all need a higher level to use. But, unless you want to carry all of this stuff on your person for the next 10-40 hours until you can use it, you have to just leave it or carry it to a crafting station to salvage. Because you can't put it anywhere, as your stash (bank) is full already with stuff you are "closer" to using.

See? I just tore apart this game without even discussing the bugs, or lack of NPC's, or that the story is boring, or the janky FPS shooting, or the horribly antiquated engine they are still using. All of that stuff sucks, but I can live with it. What I can't live with however are the obviously rushed elements. Lack of balancing the game properly.

I'm hoping all of this stuff is addressed in patches coming in the next few months. If so, I'd like to return to the game and enjoy it again. It's not horrible as it is now. It's just not finished.
    kitarad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    Vhayne said:
    That's FIFTY-TWO! Oh, and it has a crown beside it's name, indicating it is like "legendary" or "king". You remember that in the past few hours you have had to fight these "boss" type mobs that they were a bit harder than the rest. Well, after taking cover behind some rocks and fighting carefully, you end up killing this guy. You-15 vs Badass-52.
    I believe this happens when someone in your instance launches a nuke. It temporarily spawns 50-ish monsters around that location. So you can end up with a level 15 zone that has level 50 mini bosses. That aside, the locations I've seen so far have been quite smoothly spaced out in terms of levels.

What pisses me off though, is that you can claim a workshop, pay a fee, set it up through a defence quest. And if you then get a disconnect, you get placed in a new instance, losing all that work. It happened to me twice and it's mildly annoying.
    [Deleted User]Phry
  • VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632
    laxie said:
    Vhayne said:
    I believe this happens when someone in your instance launches a nuke. It temporarily spawns 50-ish monsters around that location. So you can end up with a level 15 zone that has level 50 mini bosses. That aside, the locations I've seen so far have been quite smoothly spaced out in terms of levels.

What pisses me off though, is that you can claim a workshop, pay a fee, set it up through a defence quest. And if you then get a disconnect, you get placed in a new instance, losing all that work. It happened to me twice and it's mildly annoying.
    But, the level 50 mob shouldn't be killable by a level 15.  So, while the spawning of the mob might be a bug, the balance there isn't.  It's unfinished.

And yes, the workshop thing is pretty stupid to me too.  I really didn't know what I was doing honestly.  I spent all these resources crafting turrets and generators to restart the factory.  Turn it on, go explore, have to fast travel back to defend it, and I get like 2 Salisbury steaks.  Go explore a while longer, repeat the defense thing for another 2, then it's time for me to log off.  I return the next day to play, and discover (again, I didn't know how this system worked) that my workshop ownership is gone.  The steaks were not worth the resources or effort.  Again, unfinished, unbalanced, and in need of a lot of tweaking.
  • BananableBananable Member UncommonPosts: 194
    edited November 2018

These idiots thinks that if anyone likes it, all future fallout games will be like 76.

Well im not an idiot so i dont think next fallout games gonna be like F76...
    They are gonna be much worse. If there gonna be any.

Its kinda too late now, F4 was point of no return.

P.S. I personally respect anyones decision to spend their money how they like. But why lie to your self and call this cheap cash grab multiplayer mod of F4 with insane price tag on it, a good finished game?

I bought F4 on sale and i think its just meh. Its worse than F3; its just silly casual version of skyrim.
    And theres 0 content compared to TESO.
    But F76 even worse than F4...they didnt even bother to make NPC...really?
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Might become one of those < $1 failures that is flooded all over steam and you can get trading cards for it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Meh I'm enjoying it despite getting death threats on Twitter for saying that I liked the game...it goes to show you what douchenozzles the supposed "Hardcore" gamers actually are.

These idiots thinks that if anyone likes it, all future fallout games will be like 76.

Yeah no one said they were bright.
    If you are getting death threats on twitter then there are things you can do about that.
    Nothing i hate worse than people that make claims about serious things like that, that end up being unfounded. :/
    laxie said:
    Vhayne said:

And if 3 Players launch nukes at roughly the same time, it crashes the server, supreme victory! :p
  • SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429

Phry said:

laxie said:

Vhayne said:

And if 3 Players launch nukes at roughly the same time, it crashes the server, supreme victory! :p

That was fixed.
    maskedweasel

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• sipusipu Member UncommonPosts: 200

Bananable said:

Well im not an idiot so i dont think next fallout games gonna be like F76...

They are gonna be much worse. If there gonna be any.

Its kinda too late now, F4 was point of no return.

P.S. I personally respect anyones decision to spend their money how they like. But why lie to your self and call this cheap cash grab multiplayer mod of F4 with insane price tag on it, a good finished game?

I bought F4 on sale and i think its just meh. Its worse than F3; its just silly casual version of skyrim.

And theres 0 content compared to TESO.

But F76 even worse than F4...they didnt even bother to make NPC...really?

Because 40$ dollars is an insane price tag..... lol, that guy... it's like 1-2 hours of work to get it.
  • THExHlGHLANDERTHExHlGHLANDER Member CommonPosts: 1
    As a huge fan of the series I will admit some fixes are necessary and the game isn't as entirely complete today as it could have been, however I will digress in saying that I am having an excellent time. (And in truth, many game nowadays release without their full content bear in mind. Destiny is a Prime example but upon all content releases, it's still a popular and sought after game.) Giving Fallout Time to work things out would be optimal I'll keep playing it anyway. We also have to remember, instead of a HUGE mmo like ESO from Bethesda this IS the first time they are using a similar engine to their single player experiences, on a wide multi-player scale. So I'm not entirely surprised the game has issues, but once again I digress. But I usually forget about all the problems when I'm laughing with friends over tiny bugs and adventuring and building as Bethesda intended. (BTW there are some hilarious bugs.)
    maskedweasel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Big.Daddy.SamediBig.Daddy.Samedi Member UncommonPosts: 409
    edited November 2018
    sipu said:

* snip *

Because 40$ dollars is an insane price tag..... lol, that guy... it's like 1-2 hours of work to get it.
    You are aware that not everyone is A. From USA (exchange rates suck) or B. are able to actually make $20 - $40 USD per hour. So please, this type of a comment is pretty much pointless.

Oh, and it is only $40 USD on sale right now. For example in Canada the normal price of this game is $79.99 for the regular edition. On sale for $54 right now.

Oh. Before you start saying "Get a better job", please remember that not everyone is able to work. Some people have limited income for various reasons.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited November 2018
    My friend bought it today for 22 € from a site that's name has cd and keys in it.
    Edit: actually 2 friends bought it. This was for EU though.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    As a huge fan of the series I will admit some fixes are necessary and the game isn't as entirely complete today as it could have been, however I will digress in saying that I am having an excellent time. (And in truth, many game nowadays release without their full content bear in mind. Destiny is a Prime example but upon all content releases, it's still a popular and sought after game.) Giving Fallout Time to work things out would be optimal I'll keep playing it anyway. We also have to remember, instead of a HUGE mmo like ESO from Bethesda this IS the first time they are using a similar engine to their single player experiences, on a wide multi-player scale. So I'm not entirely surprised the game has issues, but once again I digress. But I usually forget about all the problems when I'm laughing with friends over tiny bugs and adventuring and building as Bethesda intended. (BTW there are some hilarious bugs.)
    I've been playing the game a fair bit and as someone who didn't even pay for it, I find it to be okay if you play with your friends and not solo. Many systems of the game are fundamentally flawed for multiplayer though, such as providing story through terminals. You're playing with your buddies - no one wants to wait for you to read a fucking terminal.

Then we have the carry weight issue - a multiplayer game that has things like FOOD, WATER, AID and AMMO having weight - it's only there to make the game more tedious. You and your buddies are looking at MY STASH every 20-30 minutes. Makes absolutely no sense.

I'll keep putting in a few hours per week, but I'm definitely disappointed overall. The fact Bethesda takes so long to put out even one patch is also alarming.