Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Her Universe Partnership with Blizzard Entertainment - Garrett Fuller - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHer Universe Partnership with Blizzard Entertainment - Garrett Fuller - MMORPG.com

We got the chance to talk to Ashley Eckstein (Her Universe) and Matt Beecher (Head of Licensing at Blizzard). The brand launched as a way for women to show their fandom with clothing and designs different from the black fan t-shirts we all wear. However, Ashley did not stop there, just like the determined Ahsoka Tano herself, she has expanded the line to include tons of popular brands and opened up the line to men as well.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

NatOkey

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    what a bunch of garbage
    alkarionlogNeonSarugastovski1ceh430XarkoRenoakuIsilithTehrothMensurAgent_JosephSinakuand 5 others.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    edited November 2018
    Myrdynn said:
    what a bunch of garbage
    goozmania said:
    Sexism is ok if it's against men haHAA
    care to elaborate?
    itchmonMrMelGibson

This have been a good conversation

• goozmaniagoozmania Member RarePosts: 394
    Sexism is ok if it's against men haHAA
    alkarionlogdinognNeonSarugastovski1ceh430RenoakuAgent_JosephProtoman1Samhael
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    But do they have phones?
    alkarionlogNeonSarudeniterMensurThaharScotAgent_JosephOscar1230Scotty787Samhaeland 2 others.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355
    Licensing gaming IPs to print logos from games on clothing isn't exactly the most exciting story in the world, but on the list of things to get upset about, I'd say that it ranks pretty low.  All they're doing is selling some shirts and so forth that have an alliance or horde logo from WoW on them.  People who don't play WoW probably wouldn't even recognize the logos.
    SBFordNeonSaru[Deleted User]bartoni33ScotSinakucraftseekerMrMelGibson
  • jj7009jj7009 Member UncommonPosts: 223
    For once I'm gunna have to say im ok with this. Men and women do wear different clothes. And not many gaming companies sell wearable merchandise in female sizes.
    SBFordjimmywolfalkarionlogNeonSaruTacticalZombeh[Deleted User]bartoni33LeiHngWeiinfomatzThaharand 5 others.
    edited November 2018
    She is a good artist and is purposely limiting her company's growth and profitability, merely in favor of anti-male sexism. She has nothing to lose, and everything to gain, by marketing apparel for everyone... but that's not her MO To those saying "men and women wear different clothes," She's not making suits or wedding dresses here.... it's predominately T-shirts.
    alkarionlogNeonSaruPhrycraftseekerMrMelGibson
    edited November 2018

goozmania said:

She is a good artist and is purposely limiting her company's growth and profitability, merely in favor of anti-male sexism.

It straitup says she opened the line to men in the article. "However, Ashley did not stop there, just like the determined Ahsoka Tano herself (we tried to keep our fandom to a minimum), she has expanded the line to include tons of popular brands and opened up the line to men as well."
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited November 2018
    goozmania said:
    She is a good artist and is purposely limiting her company's growth and profitability, merely in favor of anti-male sexism.
    Really?  If you want WoW-themed gear, you can it at the Blizzard Shop or at Jinx, both of which have clothing for men and women. But it's not exactly as if there haven't always been men's or women's only clothing lines. Besides, what's stopping you from buying a shirt from Her Universe from the women's or, as she stated, the men's line? I've worn tons of men's shirts with logos on them and don't think twice about it.

As @Quizzical said, of all the things in the world there are to get bent about, this isn't one of them. 

Amazingly, the OUR Universe portion of the site is all about dudes! Go figure.

NeonSarualkarionlogsausagemixSinakuMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2018

SBFord said:

goozmania said:

Really?  If you want WoW-themed gear, you can it at the Blizzard Shop or at Jinx, both of which have clothing for men and women. But it's not exactly as if there haven't always been men's or women's only clothing lines. Besides, what's stopping you from buying a shirt from Her Universe from the women's or, as she stated, the men's line? I've worn tons of men's shirts with logos on them and don't think twice about it.

As @Quizzical said, of all the things in the world there are to get bent about, this isn't one of them. 

I remember a time when men used to love women wearing mens' shirts.....guess I'm old. Anyway, I'm surprised they don't have anyone designing diablo phone covers yet.
    mmolouNildenScotPsym0n
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766

SBFord said:

goozmania said:

so girls get a "her universe"
    but guys don't get a "his universe?"

seems fair and balanced. . .
    SBFordScotPsym0nOscar1230Scotty787
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited November 2018
    sayuu said:

SBFord said:

goozmania said:

Sure, men get clothes with usable pockets and women don't get clothes with usable pockets.  Unless they wear men's clothes.
    AlmostLancelot
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    It's a business owner choosing who to cater too. Let them, for crying out loud. And she even has some guy stuff. Sheesh.
    QuizzicalNeonSaruSBFordEponyxDamorlecram64infomatzCazrielKynmoreMrMelGibson
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

jj7009 said:

For once I'm gunna have to say im ok with this. Men and women do wear different clothes. And not many gaming companies sell wearable merchandise in female sizes.

if girls didn't wear the boyfriend clothes I would agree with it, but experience tells me otherwise
    SBFord
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    edited November 2018

Albatroes said:

SBFord said:

goozmania said:

I remember a time when men used to love women wearing mens' shirts.....guess I'm old.

Anyway, I'm surprised they don't have anyone designing diablo phone covers yet.

its not mens, shirt, is his shirt, because she wakes up with nothing else to wear at that moment.

and if you don't get it, you are too naive to understand :p
    NeonSaru
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Really??? Clothing lines reviews now?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Yeah this is not really something i see as a problem per se. 

There is plenty unisex and male coded merch. (and by unisex i mean male coded for the most part.. very few unisex dresses and skirts. Not to mention skirts and dresses that have.. well.. pockets.) 

Every small company starting up have to limit their scope in some way... In this case there was a really marketable idea that also lent it self well to keeping a good scale on things. 

Heck nobody makes a fuzz over companies like Dressman who only sell male coded clothing. So why even bother. 

Getting pissed over this... entitelment pure and simple
    SBFordTacticalZombehinfomatzalkarionlogCazrielMrMelGibson

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

goozmania said:

Don't get me wrong male discrimination exist and is a problem in today's society. That being said, this isn't male discrimination. Its a clothing line started by a woman for women. With a male off branch. If you wanna talk about problems in fashion industry lets talk high fashion. Its the biggest ego handjob in the history of our species. These High fashion designers would probably sell their own shit if it was legal thinking it was some profound statement.

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/world/models-69-fashion-show/#.x512z9dgw

High fashion is degenerate at best.
    NeonSarubartoni33
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    jj7009 said:

sayuu said:

SBFord said:

goozmania said:

Don't get me wrong male discrimination exist and is a problem in today's society. That being said, this isn't male discrimination. Its a clothing line started by a woman for women. With a male off branch. If you wanna talk about problems in fashion industry lets talk high fashion. Its the biggest ego handjob in the history of our species. These High fashion designers would probably sell their own shit if it was legal thinking it was some profound statement.

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/world/models-69-fashion-show/#.x512z9dgw

High fashion is degenerate at best.
    Agreed. There are plenty of clothing lines out there which cater to one gender and not another. Sexism against men does exist, but this isn't a case of it. At all. 

And yes, I also agree that high fashion is overpriced, degenerate trash designed by some of the most narcissistic sickos to ever walk the Earth. 
    NeonSarubartoni33

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• immoralthangimmoralthang Member RarePosts: 300
    edited November 2018
    So this is what Blizzard meant by “multiple Diablo projects in the works.”
    NeonSaruTacticalZombehThupliinfomatzOscar1230Scotty787Beezerbeez
    So this is what Blizzard meant by “multiple Diablo projects in the works.”
    No... that was diablo go and Diablo 4.... 

But nice try.... =P 
    NeonSaruTacticalZombeh

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I must say I am beyond Pissed at Blizzard and I have to resist the urge to dump on any news regarding them for a while. This was an ill timed announcement as I suspect many share my feelings.
    edited November 2018
    Yes yes, some people had some fun at my expense. I knew of this person, already, and had no reason to investigate her website again. Good for her that she's opened her business to males.

I will say that this comment "Really? If you want WoW-themed gear, you can it at the Blizzard Shop or at Jinx, both of which have clothing for men and women." is pathetic. SBFord, you are part of the problem, not the solution. If I'm not mistaken, you sided with horrible human being, Jessica Price, during the GW2 debacle, as well.
    mmrv
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    These clothes are NOT an MMO!
    NildenTacticalZombehEponyxDamorIsilithTehrothMensurSBFordScotPhryMrMelGibson
  • hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    good for them i guess? personally i've never bought any gaming merch. atleast none that i can remember.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

This discussion has been closed.