Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Thanksgiving from us to you! - Bill Murphy - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHappy Thanksgiving from us to you! - Bill Murphy - MMORPG.com

It's been a long year, and when the world is looking bleak, confusing, or downright mean - it's nice to know that we have this hobby to fall back on, to escape into. And we're thrilled that we get to share that with you.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

ceratop001Octagon7711

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Wow, Bill seems to have lost all his hair, that's married life for you I guess. :)

Totally agree about ESO being the best theme park we have and totally disagree about Warframe and the idea that a persistent online world alone is enough to make it even MMOish. But we can be thankful we have indie MMOs coming up that may give us a different twist to a format that really needs something new.
    [Deleted User]
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    "The Division 2, the original being another "Persistent Online World" that grew and got better with each new update. Here's hoping the sequel gets it all right out of the gate."

That's funny. It would be nice if AAA games came out bug free with lot's of content and quality gameplay, but let's face it, that is not the world we live in anymore. Now it's "release a dumpster fire, spend 6 months of patching it to make it OK, then maybe it gets better over time." All the while gamers can't stop throwing money at these same companies to do it all over again the next time.
    [Deleted User]Mensur
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2018
      Happy Thanksgiving All, been a rough 2 weeks for me and have not posted much , as i am 2 weeks out of a full knee replacement , and got the Flu 2 days after surgery , But am Thankful i have this site to drop in and check on all the threads , and responses from are bright and funny community , always gives me a chuckle or something to think about ( ill get caught up as i get better on some of the topics )

Anyhow Happy Thanksgiving all ..............And Keep on Gaming
    Mensur[Deleted User][Deleted User]JeffSpicolid_20PhryConstantineMerusmaskedweaselTuor7infomatzand 3 others.
  • Str8HellStr8Hell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    Thank you, and happy Thanksgiving all <3
    [Deleted User]
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited November 2018
    I'm thankfull for quitting mmorpg gaming this year. Hopefully something fun next year? Lost weight, feeling good, larned a lot of real world skills.
    [Deleted User]ThupliTuor7infomatz
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Thanks, Bill! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

9am

12 pm

2pm

3:15 pm (inlaws)

4pm

4:30 pm

7 pm

8pm

[Deleted User]ScorchienRenoakuPhaserlightThupli[Deleted User]PhryOctagon7711AsheramTuor7and 7 others.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Octagon7711

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Happy Thanksgiving to Bill, Suzy and the entire crew here! And Happy Thanksgiving to all.
    Octagon7711
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Haven't had much to be thankful of from game developers since The Witcher 3, hopefully that improves soon. Next year looks more promising than the last 4 did at this point imo.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    edited November 2018
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

AsheramScot

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I have the exact same jacket, a tad different hairdo. Guess which ones I'm talking about.

Cheers, happy Thanksgiving.
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Happy Turkey Day.

Scot
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    I know this: it's one of those American things!

Seriously having lived and worked in the US for a few years I know what it means to folk there. Hope you all enjoy your long break.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    You Americans are so funny.

All nice and cozy on Thanksgiving and then the next morning on Black Friday you bash each others heads in at the stores. :P
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    JeroKane said:
    You Americans are so funny.

All nice and cozy on Thanksgiving and then the next morning on Black Friday you bash each others heads in at the stores. :P
    He didn't mention Star Citizen, the whiteknights will start the bashing today!
    JeroKane
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2018
    And I suppose you whatever country you are from are any different with whatever it is that gets your blood running.

Post edited by Asheram on
  • BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302
    edited November 2018

OG_Zorvan said:

Wait, is that Suzie?!?

*Runs comb through hair.*

Yes, it's Bill and Suzie posing as celebrities at a Thanksgiving Day parade. edit: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :)
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    OG_Zorvan said:
    Wait, is that Suzie?!?

*Runs comb through hair.*
    Get in line bubba.  >.<
    [Deleted User]
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    And isnt that a picture from the Rose Bowl ?
    The day americans celebrate the killing and slaughter of countless native americans, but are taught in schools that settlers and natives came together in peace at this day...which is a lie.
    I am a Native American , and the politics of it need not be brought into this thread and destroy it like it 2 years ago .. You should delete your post
    [Deleted User]mmolouAsheramFlyByKnight[Deleted User][Deleted User]TyranusPrimelaserit
    Scorchien said:
    The day americans celebrate the killing and slaughter of countless native americans, but are taught in schools that settlers and natives came together in peace at this day...which is a lie.
    I am a Native American , and the politics of it need not be brought into this thread and destroy it like it 2 years ago .. You should delete your post
    I fail to see how its political. That is a fact of what happened, its real history not politics. Should history never be talked about then again on this forum?
    In this day and age its a politcal issue , only the blind would not see that ..

Its also about respect , this is not the place to discuss this ( if you would like ican IM you endless sites to provide with platforms to support AI heritage)

Its also derailing the spirit of the thread that Bill started..
    mmolou[Deleted User]
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    I fail to see how its political. That is a fact of what happened, its real history not politics. Should history never be talked about then again on this forum?

Its also about respect , this is not the place to discuss this ( if you would like ican IM you endless sites to provide with platforms to support AI heritage)

so, anything in history is now a political issue? Should talking about the medieval times be banned too then? There was a lot of nasty things that could be considered political in medieval times. Roman times? Ancient greeks? Should we never talk about Sparta then too because they kept tons of slaves? Ban anything historical on this forum?

(to add)

If this was a thread about the celebration of sparta, similarly to thanksgiving, I'd have still posted how they kept slaves and were ruthless against their own people and were rather barbaric. 

This thread is no different. Except instead of sparta, its about thanksgiving
    mmolouBeezerbeezAsheramTyranusPrime

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• Tuor7Tuor7 Member RarePosts: 982
    *takes a deep breath* "GOOBLEGOOBLEGOOBLE GOOBLE GOOBLEGOOBLE!"
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:

The longer you respond the longer it will last. 
    Asheraminfomatz
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
This discussion has been closed.