Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No Man's Sky 'Visions' Update to Launch on November 22nd - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageNo Man's Sky 'Visions' Update to Launch on November 22nd - MMORPG.com

Hello Games is ready to give all No Man's Sky players a bit of an early holiday gift in the form of the Visions update that will launch on Thursday, November 22nd. Visions is a free update that includes tons of new content for travellers everywhere.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Looks like a fantastic update!
    Phryceratop001mike32927TacticalZombehSiegeMachineOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Awfully thrilled they are doing this and continuously adding content.
    SBFordxxBoneZxxmike32927TacticalZombehSiegeMachineOctagon7711
    Chamber of Chains
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    I actually really enjoy this game, looking forward to this expansion!
    SBFordNyghthowlerTacticalZombeh

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    I wish I didnt get motion sickness after 15 min in this game. Its currently the only game I know that causes me to get sick.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Man, maybe I'll end up coming back. I enjoyed the game but it was pretty sparse when I played it a year ago.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Ikeda said:
    Man, maybe I'll end up coming back. I enjoyed the game but it was pretty sparse when I played it a year ago.
    And they've had at least two...maybe 3?... major updates in the last 6 months or so. Should be like a brand new game. :)
    ceratop001TacticalZombehGruugOctagon7711

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    I am thinking of trying it out in the new year, by which time they may have anything from No Mans Sky 'Trains' to NMS 'Planes'.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

I wish I didnt get motion sickness after 15 min in this game. Its currently the only game I know that causes me to get sick.

did you try to mess with the graphics and the fps?, if its the only game it does to you its possible its something you can change? I had a light diconfort after I messed witht eh graphics and saw it was capped on 30 fps, and then I changed to 60, it took a couple of minutes till I get used to the new frames, so maybe putting on 30 fps will do it for you?

btw unexpect new update based on the last one
    Thupli
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Why don't you play in third person mode. I do.
    TillerNyghthowlerKyleranThupliJeroKaneTacticalZombeh
    Chamber of Chains
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    At first I wasn't sure I liked this game after I bought it, but every time I load it up thinking I'll play for 10 min or so, do a few things, it turns into 4 hours.
    Sovrath[Deleted User]PhaserlightKyleranmike32927ThupliTacticalZombehOctagon7711
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626

I had a similar issue in another game, and it had to do with the FoV. Not sure if that's the same case here, but maybe adjusting it will help you?
  • DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    From a not so stellar launch it sure seems, at least reads, where this NMS has been making good strides & effort in making-up distance to it's goals & expectations. I'll probably have to place it back on the list to purchase eventually.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Impressed. Hello Games could have stopped working on this game ages ago and i doubt anyone would have really blamed them, that they have carried on bringing more to the game, i suspect not many others would have done the same, they continue to surprise me and in a good way which is a welcome change these days :)
    Sovrath[Deleted User]Phaserlightmike32927Octagon7711esc-joconnor
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Looks interesting, ill keep it on my radar. Kudos to the devs for sticking with it
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    edited November 2018
    I passed on the game at launch, and I'm glad I did. After reading the release notes for Next I purchased the game on sale two weeks before it went live.
    II have had a tremendous amount of fun playing it, and the hours seem to fly by. Now with the Abyss update I spend as much time in the oceans as I do out among the stars.

Hello Games seem determined to correct the massive mistakes they made at launch and provide quality content. After the initial purchase every single update has been free of charge.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Okay you got me, I'm gonna update it tonight.
    Thupli
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Now I feel I need to buy this game and add it to my backlog of Steam games :)
    Thupli
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Dammit, they keep updating this game. I set it aside for a bit to play thru FO4 another time, but how will I find the time to play FO76 and NMS at the same time?

Hmm...the choices are .....retire, contract a protracted but ultimately curable illness, or find a way to play while at work....

Sigh.....
    ceratop001mike32927PhryConstantineMerusSpottyGekkommorobo

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I was one of those that followed this game from its first announcement. I then pre-ordered it the day it became available, and still enjoy this game to this day, and have never been disappointed. This game still gets better and better. And I'm proud to have been an early adopter, no matter what the naysayers and haters have said over the years.
    Thupli
  • HazenXIIIHazenXIII Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Do you play in 1st person or 3rd person? I can see why if you play in 1st person since the FOV is fairly limited.
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    edited November 2018
    Killer news. This is a really fun game. I'm totally playing this when it comes out.

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Thanks for the comments I haven't played the 3rd person update yet I might check that out.  
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Have to hand it to these guys, they really turned the boat around. Other devs can learn from this.
    mike32927ThupliPhryTacticalZombehScot
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I've been really into this game lately and even got my non-gamer husband interested after letting him play my game this week. He was about to get his first Steam account today to buy the game and then I found this article about an update I didn't expect!
    ceratop001Thupli
  • mike32927mike32927 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    My favorite game of all time, over 300 hours played, wtg NMS !!