Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Play Legends of Aria for Free from November 23rd to November 25th - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imagePlay Legends of Aria for Free from November 23rd to November 25th - MMORPG.com

With the Early Access Head Start for Legends of Aria set to kick off on November 27th, the team wants everyone to get a look at the game ahead of time. To that end, from November 23rd to November 25th, everyone is invited to sign up to play the game for free!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Never played Ultima Online but seen videos and the video from this game reminds me of that. Outdated for my liking ><
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    edited November 2018
    I have played on 2 occasions, and never lasted more than 15 minutes, the movement is just too slow for my liking it was like take FF14 and slow it down by 50%
    JeffSpicolikillerqueer
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    Hopefully, the devs have improved movement and combat scheme. It's too uncomfortable to click for every strike. Maybe it was ok 20+ years ago (yet even then UO had auto-combat) but now it's just making me quit in 10 minutes.
    Mensur

Thank you for your time!

• gastovski1gastovski1 Member UncommonPosts: 99
    what a desperation.
    winghaven1Marcus-MensurdarkheartsXarkoBlacklabelcali
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    looking forward to giving this a try. I'm on the fence on whether I'll like it or not, but it's interesting enough for me to give it a shot.
    JeffSpicoliMarcus-

I self identify as a monkey.

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

what a desperation.

2 days, how little knowledge you have, and even more amazing: how much you talk without understand a shit.
    killerqueerAalamrMensurkinkyJalepenoslim552Blacklabelcali

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• WizbuizWizbuiz Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Amazing game, finally something worth my whille. GIVES the old UO feel.
    JeffSpicoliMensur
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I see some mixed reactions in this thread, anyone want o give me a quick rundown of this game if you have played ? Looks interesting and at the same time kind of a chore to play
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    thunderC said:
    I see some mixed reactions in this thread, anyone want o give me a quick rundown of this game if you have played ? Looks interesting and at the same time kind of a chore to play
    Having played the betas for me the problem was that it just felt so dead.  Everything was clumped together but placed what felt like miles apart.  The combat is...well, what you would expect in the sense that it's static and uninteresting.  The amount of skills available to train are limited and not very interesting; they basically stick to the basics of a a few weapons and a few magic types.

Essentially, I would rather play UO than this "spiritual successor".  It had more content when it launched ages ago than this will have at release in 2019, and its systems work better.
    JeffSpicoliCaffynatedMensur
  • TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    i never get past the starting area because i was clueless what to do, i never even seen 99% of the maps on that video. ugh i need to give this game way more time and effort
    Mensur

So What Now?

• dadowndadown Member UncommonPosts: 210
    I tried out the open beta to see if it lived up to the hype. It sounded like the kind of game that I enjoy. I got signed up and installed it without too much difficulty.

I was disappointed with the character creation choices. The faces all looked similar and no options for height and size. The only decent choices were for hair, skin and eye color. No individual choices for things like hands, legs, ears, etc.

Once in game, there was a brief intro to the details of the windows, but that was about it. The default movement was by holding down the mouse button were you wanted to move to. WASD is available as an option in the mouse setup, but wasn't offered as an initial setting. Most actions required right-clicking on an object and then selecting a choice from a pop-up menu, even for things like opening a door. To do something as simple as chopping a tree for wood, you'd click on your axe and select equip, press Q to choose the chop action and then click on the tree. The UI seemed to be non-intuitive and inconvenient to use, taking more steps than it should.

The second day of testing was a server disaster. Disconnects occurred every 5-10 minutes and after reconnecting, that last few minutes of activity were lost. Then they decided to reboot the server for a patch and rolled everything back by 3-4 hours. This happened twice. When I signed on again the next day, there was another patch and rollback, erasing everything that I'd done the previous day!

The last day went better with only a few disconnects and no rollbacks, but it is clear that they still have a lot of work to do and I'm not about to pay to be allowed to help them debug it.