Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All About the Crowfall Talent System - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAll About the Crowfall Talent System - MMORPG.com

ArtCraft is excited to announce a new talent system coming to the Crowfall test servers soon. It's a way for players to actively progress as they play through the game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    this late in the development "new talent system" ...... #CreepingFeatures
    It's really not. The game is still in pre-alpha. The game needed active ways to progress characters. And this system is based on the promotion class idea that they first told us about during the kickstarter.
    JamesGoblinMikehatweedledumb99pokrak
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Shadowbane released as an alpha. It went f2p as a beta. Closed on release.

Fort all it's faults (SB.EXE error!!) I had some of my greatest times in Shadowbane.

[Deleted User]JamesGoblinFacelessSavior

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Loved Shadowbane, had great time pvping with friends, hopefully this will bring back the good old days.
    FacelessSaviorJamesGoblin
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    This game....I lost all interest in this..and unity engine sucks arse!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Every time i see crowfall i think of Landmark aka Everquest Next, Is it using the same engine or same devs ? FYI i thought Landmark was cool hated to see it cancelled , thought it had potential
    [Deleted User]
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

thunderC said:

Every time i see crowfall i think of Landmark aka Everquest Next, Is it using the same engine or same devs ? FYI i thought Landmark was cool hated to see it cancelled , thought it had potential

Neither.
    JamesGoblin

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967

Mensur said:

This game....I lost all interest in this..and unity engine sucks arse!

What's bad about it? I'm ignorant. Does it stop working when you try to MMO like the Unreal Engine?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    OMG,this idea reaffirms these guys have NO CLUE how to incorporate realism/immersion into a rpg.

Point systems are the dumbest idea i have ever seen in rpg's.So you spend a point and all of a sudden you can use a different weapon,how is that in ANY form a plausible idea?
    These ideas are used in the ARPG's,just another reason why i don't like ARPG's.

This is the way it SHOULD be done.You play a class,the more you play and do things related,you get smarter or learn new abilities,skills.spells.THEN as you get smarter and learn stuff you need to USE those abilities to get better at them.

I know why dumb ideas like this hardly ever get criticized,it is because players are so bored,you give them ANYTHING to fiddle with or micro manage and they are happy,even to the point of it not making any sense at all.

I have mentioned how much point allotted systems bother me since the first time i ever saw it used in gaming.Yes i know DnD used that system,it was also many single player games "aside form the board game"for many years before MMO's.We also do NOT need to copy old ideas that are just bad.Sure a point system to START a game is mildly ok when creating your character before you set into the world but not afterwards.

FacelessSaviorpokrak

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    edited November 2018

Wizardry said:

OMG,this idea reaffirms these guys have NO CLUE how to incorporate realism/immersion into a rpg.

Point systems are the dumbest idea i have ever seen in rpg's.So you spend a point and all of a sudden you can use a different weapon,how is that in ANY form a plausible idea?

These ideas are used in the ARPG's,just another reason why i don't like ARPG's.

This is the way it SHOULD be done.You play a class,the more you play and do things related,you get smarter or learn new abilities,skills.spells.THEN as you get smarter and learn stuff you need to USE those abilities to get better at them.

I know why dumb ideas like this hardly ever get criticized,it is because players are so bored,you give them ANYTHING to fiddle with or micro manage and they are happy,even to the point of it not making any sense at all.

I have mentioned how much point allotted systems bother me since the first time i ever saw it used in gaming.Yes i know DnD used that system,it was also many single player games "aside form the board game"for many years before MMO's.We also do NOT need to copy old ideas that are just bad.Sure a point system to START a game is mildly ok when creating your character before you set into the world but not afterwards.

It just seems like a way to add customization to characters. Seems pretty standard decision for today's game.

If they did not have it, it would be more like moba that is more '3d' where people just have avatars with minimal customization.

The real issue is how long does it take to get those points for customization?

And you kind of say how it makes sense to have a process to learn things, but for some reason find this to deviate from that. So basically you want someone to equip dual swords and bot to learn it? Or worse, actually play with a sword dual set up, but not be able to play properly until they play 'x' amount of hours? How is that any better than turning it into a point and being able to play from the getgo?
    pokrak

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• PrometeuPrometeu Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited November 2018
    I've been playing MMO's since 2003 and I've been an officer in a large guild (100-300 members per game) since 2007. The things I am looking for in a game are specific to the needs of a guild - mainly mechanics for social interaction and possibility of group achievements.
    I've been following Crowfall since kickstarter and every move/decision that the devs took always made sense for me.
    Those guys had the guts to develop their game in a glass cube - where everything was visible to everyone at all times. It means one of two things: Irresponsibility or Complete trust in their ability to pull it off.

You can bash it as much as you like but negativity for the sake of negativity works on people that don't want to use their own brains.
    MikehaJamesGoblindruezpokrak

Always a Keeper of The Dark Side [KDS]
    Visit us at www.kdsguild.org