Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game do you love that everyone seems to hate? - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageWhat game do you love that everyone seems to hate? - MMORPG.com

As I watch reviews, both player and press, roll in for Fallout 76 I get a distinct sense of déjà vu. I loved Auto Assault. I think I'm not alone there, but you wouldn't know it by looking at press and player reception to Netdevil's ill-fated car-driving MMORPG from the early 2000s.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Amathe

Comments

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    The only game i can think of was No Mans Sky before they "fixed" it. I Honestly enjoyed the game from day 1.
    SlyLoKvava914KythynmmolouClutch586KyleranTacticalZombehConstantineMerusmikeb0817
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Recently it is Black Desert Online. I enjoy the game for the trading,farming,horse breeding and crafting worker system.

I don't PvP so that is not of any consequence and I understand why people seem to dislike the game but from my point of view I absolutely loved it especially when I am on my wagon and travelling to far off places with my load and trying to get there as fast as possible. It was very open world for me because I could go just about anywhere and yeah run like hell mostly but if I opened the route I could sell my manufactured goods there.

Perhaps it isn't what the game was designed for but damn it was fun as hell for me as I loved the crops actually growing and I tended the plants and I didn't just grow sunflowers I loved to experiment with other crops and sell them so this game was fantastic.

I enjoyed the worker system and looking out for my workers as they gathered and mined or did whatever I needed while I kept them boozed up. I liked the system where you could improve and specialize your workers and I had workshops in several towns. It was a huge undertaking and I honestly felt like some textile manufacturer from the Industrial Revolution.
    Thaharinfomatzcheyanewingood

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited November 2018
    Dynasty Warriors and most of the games in its genre.

Except for Dynasty Warriors 9. That one is so fuckawful that even I'd put it first on my worst games of the year.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    trying hard to save face now don't you? just let it go, admit you was paid for teh fallout 76 articles and move on, also comparing a game who closed to 76, is kinda admiting the game will close pretty sooner then they hoped
    BillMurphySBFordSlapshot1188turinmacleodceh430jmlane223CelciusPanther2103sausagemixuriel_mafessand 10 others.
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    edited November 2018
    Ha !
    Auto Assault!
    Was great as it was different from other Games tho!

Tabula Rasa
    Was another one which got canned too early.

Fallout 76
    Atm and i just close my eyes cause all this "hate", sad that it is not criticism anymore, which it should be. But yeah, gaming times these days are not nice.

TESO for sure.
    Loved that as well while others complained so much as they did not get their "Skyrim X" or "The Elder Scrolls X" Version.

Not so MMO - Assassin Creed Odyssey Having a Blast with that one! 150hrs+ in that already and so much to go. No care for the "This-is-not-Assassins-Creed-as-it-was" and such. Just a good cool Game.

As someone above me mentioned already; I don't care to much what others say. I play Games, as many others here, for to long to jump/fall on/off Hate Trains. Especially these days where we have so many "Content Creators" on Twitch/Youtube and what not it is by FAR more easy to get you own image of a game just by waiting 1-2 Days and study the game a bit beforehand.

I mean we had by far more "Demos" we could test back then, but today, hell yeah, looking is more fun as another guy/girl does the """Work"" and i can lay back and look at things i like or dislike on a game and then make a decision and live with it.
    jmlane223alkarionlogTownePhixion13
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Currently having a blast in everyone's current whipping boy: Fallout 76
    jmlane223alkarionlogTownepsychosiz1Phixion13RolanStormKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    itsatrap.gif
    MadFrenchieBillMurphy

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• waveslayerwaveslayer Member UncommonPosts: 511
    another shout out to Auto Assualt, I really liked that game as well as Earth and Beyond
    BillMurphykoldmiserXarko

Godz of War I call Thee

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I'm not sure if this one counts, since it's actually the best selling game in its franchise and single-handedly saved the franchise from cancelation, but among the hardcore fandom, it gets a LOT of undeserved hate.

I love Fire Emblem Awakening. A lot. I think it is one of the best games of all time, and quite possibly the best game in its own franchise despite its flaws. And I say this as someone who has been a hardcore fan long before Awakening's release.
  • ceh430ceh430 Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Tabula Rasa!! ... *runs away*
    RolanStorminfomatz
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    just playing 11 years old  Hellgate London steam re-release ,love it same as original !
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    DMKano said:
    Everyone seem to hate is a perception thing - as even the most hated MMOs have 1000s of players.

My pick is a game that probably wont be around for much longer - Atlas Reactor.

I would guess that Gamigo will most likely pull the plug very soon and sunset it.

What's interesting is that the tiny playerbase loves this game

81% metacritic
    7.7 user metacritic
    90% on steam

Goes to show you - it's better to have a crap game that makes money than a niche product that is loved and doesn't make money.

as sad as that truth is, from a business stand point, you would have to do the same thing.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2018
    I think the main 'issue' with Bethesda games as a whole is that you usually have 2 lines of thought with their product. You have the camp that looks at the game's potential and then the other camp that looks as the game as is. Skyrim is a perfect example. Many people love the game for different reasons. Some felt the game was perfect as is, while others felt it was a modders paradise to craft the game they utlimately wanted. When you get down to this game's core, its a shared world experience and everyone has their own take on how a shared experience should be. This is why this game has such divisive views.
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Warhammer Online got a lot of hate, I loved it.
    ceh430ragebulleturiel_mafessYukmarcCaffynatedTacticalZombehd_20Waan
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    According to the title if 'everyone' hated a game I like, I would be the only person playing the game. If talking about MMOs, none of the games I currently play could be called unpopular as I see lots of people around them. Even the single player games I play that are really old still have a following and most have modders that continue to support the game.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade.

There is sooo much hate for this game, but I am enjoying it.
    d_20
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm curious Bill. What was the last game you hated?
    jmlane223ShaighIlayaKylerankjempff
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AynariAynari Member UncommonPosts: 3
    Life is Feudal MMO.

Sure there is a lot to improve upon - especially performance, but also so much potential.
    I really like the professions and combat and the neverending grind to increase your abilities.
    Sadly, the playerbase is very small which shows on those ernormous servers.
    Kylerand_20
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495
    For me it would be Wildstar. For all the hate it got I loved the combat, the story, the art. I thought it was a brilliant irreverent game willed with amazing characters and wonderful systems. I even loved the silly cab drivers and their dumb jokes.
    Phixion13
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm one of the few that enjoyed Mass Effect Andromeda... tired faces and all.

I thought the way they did the skills and skill development was the best of all 4 ME games and I liked how they went more open instead of the narrow, guided game play corridors from the previous ones.
    Scotpsychosiz1TacticalZombehd_20infomatz
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    edited November 2018
    trying hard to save face now don't you? just let it go, admit you was paid for teh fallout 76 articles and move on, also comparing a game who closed to 76, is kinda admiting the game will close pretty sooner then they hoped
    Oh come on dude, don't be that guy. The "You can't like the things I don't like" guy. For me more recently it is probably NMS and for a classic MMO callout; Anarchy Online. 
    alkarionlog
  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    The things with a few exceptions most the games you may enjoy only a small vocal minority scream all day on forums and social media about how bad the game is. 

For example 1000 bandwagon jumpers and "journalist " hack cried for months about ME:A when in reality it sold a few million copies.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member RarePosts: 348
    So many games I loved that never made it.
  • LtldoggLtldogg Member UncommonPosts: 282
    The Matrix Online!
    mmoloueddieg50Ungoodinfomatz
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    EQ, Luclin expansion. 
    Ltldogg

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests