Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the game going to get better at max

evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
played the shit outta this game on legion.

Had 110s on
DH
War
Priest
Pally
Monk

On BFA, i logged in to the toons above to try out their rotation.....

Havoc - same like legion except i got an additional dot on my blade dance and a purge.....
Arms - having overpower back is great but rotation still feels simple, waiting for OP procs to light for the big d mortal strike.
Disc - great infinite bubble and the ability choose both archangel/dark archangel but dps healing isnt just for me.
Hpal - Lol, lesser procs on holy light fast cast and avenger actually have a 2 minute cd instead of 1 in legion. Slower gcd actually kills it for me.. Wotlk/Mop hpal was great, wod was ok, legion was bearable.... BFA feels horrible, lol @melee healer
MW - Soothing mist active cast is back but it feels different with slower gcd, the amout of cc it has is actually good but i just wanted something different in BFA so...

I levelled my outlaw to 100... Felt liek sleeping most of the time.... So.... is the game going to be more fun at 120.. or is it another legion 2.0 where im better off letting my sub ran out and come back on future patches/xpac?

Comments

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    To be perfectly honest, you'll be weaker at 116 when legendary effects stop working and without the gear secondary stats that is now gone. At 116 you'll feel sluggish and lackluster and by 120, not all that much better. However, as you gear up, you'll feel more viable and there are changes coming to Azerite gear in January so that may help as well.

I'd suggest going to Icy-Veins.com and check the guides:

Havoc: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/havoc-demon-hunter-pve-dps-guide

Vengeance: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/vengeance-demon-hunter-pve-tank-guide

They'll give you hints on stat priority, rotation, gear choices, Azerite gear choices and more.
    ceratop001Kyleran

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• evdaezevdaez Member UncommonPosts: 131
    @SBFord ; Appreciate the advice, will check it out :)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2018
    Depends on what you define as 'fun.' If getting various effects that may carry over from raid season to season while potentially getting 1 additional effect to farm per season all the while still playing the exact same way you have since 100 is 'fun' then yeah there's a lot of 'fun' this expansion.

Personally, this expansion just defines the meaninglessness of wow atm. WoD was honestly the last expansion where levels really mattered since you were rewarded something that persisted outside of gear. Then Legion came along and just jumbled things around while taking stuff away just so you could get it back over time. BfA hopes to the do the same thing but forgets something very important which is that nothing you get actually builds on anything. At least with Artifacts, when you got a level, you got something permanent. With azerite, you keep getting and losing stuff to the point that you can't even get excited over a new piece of azerite since you're counting how many days until you have to regrind those same traits on a higher ilvl piece of gear. It would be nice to get actual abilities/passives again when we gained levels but maybe I'm asking for too much and feel 'entitled.'

All I'm ultimately going to do is just sub maybe every patch for story stuff and to see the raids then let sub lapse again.