Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Murphy - Fallout 76 May Be the Sandbox MMO We've Been Waiting For - MMORPG.com

Comments

• fastreanfastrean Member UncommonPosts: 3
    $99...not worth it...
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    fastrean said:
    $99...not worth it...
    I didn't pay $99

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    edited November 2018
    Nilden said:

Prime example of why Bethesda will never be taken seriously.

Today's patch is also a joke, they hardly fixed anything and still no push to talk. The notes are pathetic to be entirely frank.
    Nilden
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Put your money with your mouth is Bill Murphy "Be the Sandbox MMO We've Been Waiting For". U should buy your Forum (Players) a free gift of Fallout 76... :p

I retired retroactively..Haha

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Metacritic 2.9 All good though you need to stay in good relationship with all the devs after all even Bethesda
    OG_Zorvan said:
    ..... People see what they want to see lol, those don't track digital sales, which is the majority of how FO76 is purchased.
    klash2defalkarionlog

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Sandbox MMO? ROFL! Fallout 4 minus the fun parts and some dodgy 24 player limit net code. This is what makes a sandbox MMO now?

EVE Online is a sandbox MMO. Fallout 76 is a Fallout 4 Mod that we're being charged the price of a new game to play.
    OG_Zorvan said:

..... People see what they want to see lol, 
    You're right, cuz those who like it are definitely seeing something the majority of gamers aren't.
    Seeing as the "majority of gamers" are on mobile.. you'd be right.
    alkarionlog

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    All I ask is the people who are doing the whole "there's nothing wrong the game, it's being received well. The vocal minority is just whining" bit, keep that same energy when whatever happens, happens in the future. Don't disappear or go dark from Fallout 76 threads. :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • hotbit8287hotbit8287 Member CommonPosts: 7

Elvoc said:

Bill is there an Offline mode? I mean the Multiplayer sounds great but what happens after the game is out for a while and players move on? Are we going to get another server close and just not be able to play it?

PC will have private servers, hopefully consoles too.
  • hotbit8287hotbit8287 Member CommonPosts: 7
    edited November 2018

Raquis said:

Bill Murphy go F**K yourself lying puppet!

Did you know pc will have private servers for modders. They have promised more vaults will open. The game is best enjoyed now, becouse you cant go back after patches. That said I play on ps4 pro.
    Rawiz
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    edited November 2018
    I am honestly wondering since the amount of youtube videos and reddit discussions are really reaming this game how much damage will it do? 

People can see for themselves and the videos are especially damming how bad this game is and how old some of these issues are. Were Bethesda this flagrant in that they really didn't even attempt to fix these bugs that existed in their older games. How can you treat your fan base this carelessly ? May be they should be punished for this and suffer in sales. I doubt they will be though.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    jmcdermottukJeffSpicoliIsilithTehrothGaeluian
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    This isn't a sandbox mmo. 
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388
    LOL. I am here since 2004 and this is single handedly the worst post in history of mmorpg.com. Congratulations sir, congrats!!!

Due to you and this article, i will never ever buy a title from Bethesda. Never...ever!
    JeffSpicoliConstantineMerus
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited November 2018
    Oh come on! It's neither a sandbox, nor an MMO. Not even close......unless you mean "minimally multiplayer" with no persistence.

Please stop calling EVERYTHING with a login screen an "MMO". (I wish that was a joke) this site has completely destroyed the meaning of term.
    NildenYashaX
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited November 2018
    OG_Zorvan said:
    ..... People see what they want to see lol, those don't track digital sales, which is the majority of how FO76 is purchased.
    Much like apparently you see what you want to see here.

Also still laughing at SANDBOX MMO title, that is hilarious comment to make about a game that has no MMO in it.
    alkarionlog
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited November 2018
    Nyctelios said:
    Rawiz said:
    Nyctelios said:
    Rawiz said:
    SNIP
    Why are you WTFing informative posts.

The game has NPCs. I just sold my items to some and got quests from another.
    I've not WTF any post. WTF are you talking about?
    Are you sure? Can't you see my previous comment? Under it?
    Yes, I did not WTF anything, even your post that actually deserved it.

AlwaysLancelot did WTF your post much like you did before for mine. I suggest you stop accusing me of things clearly aren't true and move on.
  • Proudsoul1Proudsoul1 Member UncommonPosts: 72
    So MMORPG is a Shill for this dumpster fire of a game. Empty world riddled with bugs lifeless money grab. There is a reason why their sales are down 82% in what a week?
    ceratop001

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I am really curious to see what the sales figures of this game is.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    kitarad said:
    I am really curious to see what the sales figures of this game is.
    too bad we can't also see how many did a charge back after :p
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited November 2018
    OG_Zorvan said:
    While I would normally agree, when you look at it relatively, it still doesn't paint a pretty picture:

"On to Fallout 76, which launched third in the chart this week but with just a fraction of the sales of its bigger Fallout brothers - down 82 per cent on Fallout 4."

The digital revolution was already well under way in 2015, I don't think that can be the sole reason for an 82 percent drop.

Fallout fans aren't buying it.  If it continues to show poor numbers, it will be a pretty good indicator that the recent trend of deserting one's core base is probably not as good an idea as these publishers thought.

OG_Zorvan said:
    While I would normally agree, when you look at it relatively, it still doesn't paint a pretty picture:

"On to Fallout 76, which launched third in the chart this week but with just a fraction of the sales of its bigger Fallout brothers - down 82 per cent on Fallout 4."

The digital revolution was already well under way in 2015, I don't think that can be the sole reason for an 82 percent drop.

Fallout fans aren't buying it.  If it continues to show poor numbers, it will be a pretty good indicator that the recent trend of deserting one's core base is probably not as good an idea as these publishers thought.
    Unfortunately, nobody will know but Bethesda.  Box sales ONLY these days are tough to gauge, especially for online only games, which Spyro is not. 

I don't think we're going to see Bethesda reverse course here. All that it comes down to is the metrics they see on their backend, which, as far as we know, could be way better that the UK physical charts show.. or they could be worse globally.  

But Bethesda will be more apt to fix what they can and release content updates to bring people in, changing things bit by bit as they did with ESO then cater to the people that don't like the vision of FO76. 
    MadFrenchie

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    OG_Zorvan said:

Unfortunately, nobody will know but Bethesda.  Box sales ONLY these days are tough to gauge, especially for online only games, which Spyro is not. 

I don't think we're going to see Bethesda reverse course here. All that it comes down to is the metrics they see on their backend, which, as far as we know, could be way better that the UK physical charts show.. or they could be worse globally.  

But Bethesda will be more apt to fix what they can and release content updates to bring people in, changing things bit by bit as they did with ESO then cater to the people that don't like the vision of FO76. 
    I don't disagree.  Not sure they would ever get a handle on things if they tried to inject the narrative content they had in prior entries.

However, like Blizzard, I think Bethesda will find their core base isn't going to lemming along.  They supported Bethesda for a specific reason, and they aren't interested in Bethesda trying to segue them into the FOTM genres with their favorite coat of lore paint covering the walls.

As these things happen, I keep being reminded of Superman's comment about how too many devs and publishers these days are the biggest fans of their own work.  That seems to be true here for Bethesda, just as it was Blizzard at Blizzcon, just as it was at Trion..  The list of examples to support his opinion is growing.
    maskedweasel

OG_Zorvan said:

I don't disagree.  Not sure they would ever get a handle on things if they tried to inject the narrative content they had in prior entries.

However, like Blizzard, I think Bethesda will find their core base isn't going to lemming along.  They supported Bethesda for a specific reason, and they aren't interested in Bethesda trying to segue them into the FOTM genres with their favorite coat of lore paint covering the walls.

As these things happen, I keep being reminded of Superman's comment about how too many devs and publishers these days are the biggest fans of their own work.  That seems to be true here for Bethesda, just as it was Blizzard at Blizzcon, just as it was at Trion..  The list of examples to support his opinion is growing.
    I'll tell you one thing, I'm mad a the bugs.  As I progress through, and have hit level 50, I've seen some crazy ones, and just some frustrating ones recently where I'll crash on the PS4.. which never used to happen. 

But overall I still like the game, and get mad when things don't work because overall it's fun and I like it. 

I have several friends that are playing it too, and they seem to still be playing it everyday... that's not really a good gauge either on who is interested in playing it, but it's a good indicator for me that I'm not alone in enjoying it. 

A study in 2017 showed that out of all game sales, 80% are digital compared to 20% of them are box sales.  Even with an 80% drop in boxed sales, it doesn't look like their core sales would have been there anyway.  

I do believe that if they do really well, it's more of an indicator that they don't have to rush to fix these things because the game is "good enough" in its launch state... 

FO76 isn't their first online only rodeo, they should have known better. That being said, still... I play.