Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 or Bless?

2»

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    This:

As compared to something like this:

Like I said, GW2 "Elite" skills look like other games level 15 skills.
    haha if you say so... GW2 combat is way better than FFXIV.  But I guess to each their own. 
    ElquinHuntrezzNepheth

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    I have not played Bless but watched it on twitch and it was just like fetch quests the player said, Guild Wars 2 all the quests are different and interesting not monotonous like most mmo`s.
    alkarionlogElquinHuntrezz
  • GuizeeGuizee Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Guild Wars 2 "quests" are very different and dynamic, much better than Bless'. I don't know about other areas but people are sayin' that Bless is horrid right now, so you'd better spend your money elsewhere.
    alkarionlogOctagon7711ElquinHuntrezz
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    GW2 for obvious reasons, its a complete game that 'works'  that isn't the case with Bless at all as its ongoing issues clearly show. There is also the fact that GW2 will be around for several more years at the very least, with Bless you can't even say with any certainty whether the game will still be running in a few months time, the problems with Bless really are that bad. :/
    CazrielOctagon7711Elquin
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    The fuck is OP smoking to even ask this question
    PhryChimborazo

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Bless gotta be better...
    psychosiz1maskedweaselValentinaCelciusHuntrezz
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Your link shows a Samurai hitting dummies...

I fear you are greatly confusing visual skill effects with actual combat.
    psychosiz1maskedweaselElquinCelciusGrunt350
    Harbinger of Fools
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506
    With the issues that Bless has had, with hackers, bots, people leaving in droves... how can you even think of playing that trash?
    psychosiz1
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    go for GW2 free part and you'll get tons of things to do and you'll pass hundred hours on
    go for bless , pay of course, wait.... wait ... oh, you're in? ok, now go max level, took few hours, do the few dungeon... ok? now you can delete this crap!
    alkarionlog
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Dakeru said:

Are you daft?  Go back and read what I've posted again, maybe this time it will sink in.

I clearly stated the combat put me to sleep BECAUSE of the animations/skills lack of impactfulness.
    Celcius
    edited July 2018
    This:

haha if you say so... GW2 combat is way better than FFXIV.  But I guess to each their own. 
    Aaaaaand you missed the point.  I don't play either game anymore; my point is the skill animations in GW2 are boring and basic as hell by comparison.
    ElquinCelciusGrunt350
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Dakeru said:

Are you daft?  Go back and read what I've posted again, maybe this time it will sink in.

I clearly stated the combat put me to sleep BECAUSE of the animations/skills lack of impactfulness.
    While you are not falling asleep when a Samurai goes swoosh swoosh against objects.
    Got it now!
    maskedweaselElquinCelciusMensurNepheth
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Dakeru said:

While you are not falling asleep when a Samurai goes swoosh swoosh against objects.
    Got it now!

0/10 troll, might wanna practice a bit more.
  • ChimborazoChimborazo Member UncommonPosts: 146
    edited July 2018
    One thing I hate about some games (mostly Asian ones) is the pew pew wush wush DragonBall z style animations. 
    Currently on: Guild Wars 2
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    This:

Aaaaaand you missed the point.  I don't play either game anymore; my point is the skill animations in GW2 are boring and basic as hell by comparison.
     No I got the gist of it, despite the animations looking exceptionally boring in the videos you chose, the samurais very simply swiping animations weren't anything special... but I guess if you need special animations to keep you awake instead of gameplay, rock on.
    ElquinCelciusNepheth

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Been looking for another game to get into and trying to decide between these two. I hear good things about Guild Wars 2 and just recently made a Warrior as my first character. Or dive into the storm and give Bless a try. One of the reasons I like about Bless is the taming system and getting all kinds of various mounts/pets. When I played WoW I was a complete mount whore. Other than these two been looking at potentially Crowfall.  Just wondering before I dive into one of these and invest time which one would you go with more?

Thanks!
    GW2. A LOT more content, Bless is a mess.
    RemyVorenderElquinCelciusTruvidien88Huntrezz
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    Guild wars 2 is an incredibly beautiful game with its unique art style, has a metric shit ton of content.  That said the dungeon system(Fractals) may not be for everyone.  I know I loathed them more than any dungeon system I've played since I started playing MMO's.  Its absolutely horrible.  That said, everything else is rather fun shit.  I loved the story quests throughout the zones and the open world events are fun
  • ChimborazoChimborazo Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Guild wars 2 is an incredibly beautiful game with its unique art style, has a metric shit ton of content.  That said the dungeon system(Fractals) may not be for everyone.  I know I loathed them more than any dungeon system I've played since I started playing MMO's.  Its absolutely horrible.  That said, everything else is rather fun shit.  I loved the story quests throughout the zones and the open world events are fun
    May I ask you what you didn't like about fractals? 
    Currently on: Guild Wars 2
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710
    May I ask you what you didn't like about fractals? 
    They to me felt like a horse shit way of doing dungeons.  They didn't feel like dungeons at all but more so puzzles with a group.  With there being so real trinity system involved with true healers/true tanks, aggro is all over the place and its a clusterfuck when you do actually fight in Fractals.  It just felt like 1 huge ass mess.
    Celcius
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Neither, is it possible to offer a third option? :)
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Scot said:
    Neither, is it possible to offer a third option? :)
    Honestly you would be unnecessarily limiting yourself if it was just 3, there are a 'lot' of games out there to choose from, even if your sticking with just fantasy based MMO's, personally i'd say try BDO, but you also have games like ESO, FFXIV:ARR, LotRO, DDO, Neverwinter etc. All of them are actual games that work too  ;)
    CelciusScotMensur
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Sephiroso said:
    The fuck is OP smoking to even ask this question
    Obviously not the good stuff. 
    Mensur
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Icemasta said:
    Isn't Bless going F2P soon anyways?
    Yeah it is. Which I'm waiting for lol
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I recommend Bless Wars 2!