Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Update Plans for the Balance of 2018 Revealed

ShelassaShelassa MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 616
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFallout 76 Update Plans for the Balance of 2018 Revealed

Bethesda has posted a new blog to provide the first details about a number of updates coming to the game between now and the end of the year. The first patch is expected to roll out on November 19th and will feature mainly game performance improvements designed to provide more stability across all platforms. In addition, a number of quests will be fixed, the UI will be tweaked and changes are incoming to the C.A.M.P. system. The patch is said to be "large" and notes will be posted soon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    I’m more interested than anything in future content plans. I’m hoping early 2019 brings more details there.
    RexKushmanBeezerbeezgastovski1ceh430halfmysticValentinaalkarionlogmaskedweasel

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• AlmostLancelotAlmostLancelot Member UncommonPosts: 135
    I’m more interested than anything in future content plans. I’m hoping early 2019 brings more details there.
    What exactly are you hoping to see?

Right now it is a pretty shallow experience content-wise, with sub par optimization and no real hook other than it being "Fallout Online".

As someone who is a lifelong fan of the franchise I have found 76 to be extremely disappointing, to say the least.
    RexKushmanSolancerAlexander.Bchocolate42069Gobstopper3DArskaaaSeelinnikoibgzgamerJeroKaneinfomatzand 3 others.
  • SwampfoxF16SwampfoxF16 Member CommonPosts: 1
    Played with my son last night and kept getting disconnected when we tried to join each others game. Didn't give me a warm fuzzy to jump into a hot area with all the disconnects happening even after we got joined up.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2018
    sad just sad.
    So they are basically saying they will fix the game AFTER they release it,which of course means the BETA was meaningless jibber.The idea of a Beta is to see what the game needs BEFORE release and then work on it accordingly.
    Future content,again fixing an UNFINISHED product is sad,since you sold them a garbage unfinished game.
    I see the big picture and really looks obvious to me.They had a timeline,a goal/budget,the team were at the point they were told to release no matter what.

Empty survival game is not something worth a single $,that is a f2p design where they add in cash shops IF players can remain engaged.It has worked for the BR games because of the PVP rating,sort of Esport idea.Fallout 76 does not have the Esport/ranking system idea behind it so it cannot survive on a crap game design.

IMO they don't care,they knew just by hyping it up with streamers and websites/advertising they would get the sales because tons of consumers out there will buy any crap.
    Solancerchocolate42069sausagemixPeskybgzgameralkarionlog

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Right now it is a pretty shallow experience content-wise, with sub par optimization and no real hook other than it being "Fallout Online".

As someone who is a lifelong fan of the franchise I have found 76 to be extremely disappointing, to say the least.

I’m really enjoying myself so far, about level 17 now. But I think they need to add clan support, clan forts, and more stuff like fridges for food and things like that. But content wise, the more vaults open, the more humans we will see, NPCs even.
    BeezerbeezAlomarklash2defchojin2kGruugValentinaalkarionlogRemyVorenderlaxie

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited November 2018
    I wish there were NPC's in the world to liven things up a bit and provide quests, buy, sell, etc.
    Alomarbartoni33ceh430infomatz

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 148

I think they should focus on making what they have right now playable. Adding layers of content to an already highly unstable base game would do them little favor thinking about future survival.

They need to approach the game the same way Hello Games did if they really hope someone tobe playing this in mid 2019.
    AlmostLancelotAlomarbartoni33alkarionlog
  • HoldslowhopeHoldslowhope Member UncommonPosts: 42
    edited November 2018
    If you havnt played you really dont have a say in what you think about the game.. You are just a mindless troll who believes everything they read on the internet. It feels and plays like FO4. Only difference is the other people in your game and no main story line. The game is extremely fun and im excited for improvements. Im hoping for when you capture a camp it means the camp is flagged for pvp and anyone around can get shot by turrets etc.. Also there are npcs in the game to buy and sell.. once again people having no clue about the game and just reading and believing.
    bartoni33IselinAlmostLancelotShaighceh430Gobstopper3DCelciusdeniterjimmywolfsausagemixand 8 others.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Bethesda right now.

I don't think their financials are anywhere near that good, i more than suspect that FO76 was supposed to help pay for the next few games, if it underperforms as i more than suspect it will then i think that will have some kind of impact on future game development, its a good job that its not like ActiBlizz where the financials can't be hidden.
    Have to hand it to them though, they made FO76 on a shoestring, that they have no plans to use a new game engine for future releases may be because they can't really afford to  :p
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338

I’m really enjoying myself so far, about level 17 now. But I think they need to add clan support, clan forts, and more stuff like fridges for food and things like that. But content wise, the more vaults open, the more humans we will see, NPCs even.
    Should be able to form our own factions and give quests/rewards to other players. 
    sschrupp[Deleted User]BillMurphybartoni33
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
    "Content"  :D

And why do some of y'all even want to see more players? So you can ignore more PVP?
    AlmostLancelot
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Been watching alot of the streams of this game. Maybe i have just burned out on Fallout but the gameplay looks bad to me. It seems so dam boring and choppy to me. The world is so dead looking and you just seem to run around with no real reason. I just can't see playing this as a long term game.
    Hariken said:
    Been watching alot of the streams of this game. Maybe i have just burned out on Fallout but the gameplay looks bad to me. It seems so dam boring and choppy to me. The world is so dead looking and you just seem to run around with no real reason. I just can't see playing this as a long term game.
    It is bad, it isn't just you.

Bethesda's janky engine has been in need of retirement for a very, very long time now. They refuse to license tech that isn't in-house and instead keep adding onto a foundation that was never stable to begin with.

Todd Howard is a dinosaur that needs to wake up and get with the times.
    ceh430infomatz
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    Wife and one of our gaming buddies can't stop playing. Neither of us have played much of the other Fallout games, so maybe it's just a really fun game to play unless you're one of those types that hates anything to do with an IP that isn't EXACTLY like some previous game in that IP or whatever.

Fans of any IP whether it's comic books, True Blood, or various games seem to go one way or the other when new things for their IP come out. Either they enjoy it, because they like to experience anything to do with their favorite IP, or they hate it... which I can't even understand. It's like the biggest barrier to anything new in IPs sometimes are part of their fanbase itself.
    ExistentialistSephrosjimmywolfKyleranGruugConstantineMerusalkarionlog
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited November 2018

I think they should focus on making what they have right now playable. Adding layers of content to an already highly unstable base game would do them little favor thinking about future survival.
    They need to approach the game the same way Hello Games did if they really hope someone tobe playing this in mid 2019.

They will be able to charge for future content though.

Charging for bug fixes - would be a tough sell.
    uriel_mafess
  • strykr619strykr619 Member UncommonPosts: 284
    I didn't expect much for release so I'm not disappointed 25 years dealing with mmo games you learn to expect less.
    pappacube
  • EggonomiconEggonomicon Member UncommonPosts: 33

Played with my son last night and kept getting disconnected when we tried to join each others game. Didn't give me a warm fuzzy to jump into a hot area with all the disconnects happening even after we got joined up.

I have played with my two sons and a friend without issue.
    The game is also not shallow if you read terminal entries. I swear you remove NPCs and people can't seem to see other content in the game.

Shrug.

Egho
    jimmywolfKyleranchojin2kGruugConstantineMerusValentinaThaharRemyVorenderpappacube
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    Game has no soul, simple as that. Some people act like they own Bethesda shares... hmmm maybe they do
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I haven't bought it but I've played at a friend's.

It's been rushed, plain and simple. It could have been something really amazing but it isn't. It's like they did the minimum they could do to get away with it. It's not a serious effort.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    I haven't bought it but I've played at a friend's.

It's been rushed, plain and simple. It could have been something really amazing but it isn't. It's like they did the minimum they could do to get away with it. It's not a serious effort.
    That has been my feeling as well.

They had a chance to create a really fun AAA survival game and they dropped the ball. Primarily, imho obviously, due to utilizing old tech and maintaining the same lazy design decisions they have tried to pass off as "innovative and fresh" for the last decade.
  • UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209

gervaise1 said:

They will be able to charge for future content though.

Charging for bug fixes - would be a tough sell.

DLC's are going to be free.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    I recommend a $10 Game called Mist Survival over the $60 Fallout 76. You will not be disappointed. :)
    Seelinnikoi

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    If this piece of shit was up to Bethesda's quality standards, then I have one question... how bad was Prey 2 if it was canceled for not meeting Bethesda's standards? Did Prey 2 literally set consoles on fire? 
    [Deleted User]infomatz
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2018
    Didn't want to start another thread, I found this perusing PC Gamer. Is this a good or bad thing? :D

[Deleted User]infomatzPhry
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • sausagemixsausagemix Member UncommonPosts: 96
    If this had been released as a F2P or 20-30$ priced tag I might have bit. Ever since BETA started and videos and feedback started it just doesnt seem logical for them to ask for that much. The amount of bugs known for YEARS from FO4 carrying over, performance thats all over the place for players, server issues, and just how old the graphics are looking make this seem like a hack job. I was already wary of how Bethesda would handle an online game with that engine considering people have been fighting with making multiplayer work with Skyrim for years.
    Raquis