Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Legendary Servers Reignite A Legendary Community - MMORPG.com

124

Comments

  • StizzledStizzled Member RarePosts: 1,980
    @JeroKane I've learned it's far easier to have more fun with a game when spending less time reading all the negativity in the official forums, or worrying about how others are playing the game.

    Things are always broken or imbalanced and someone is always going to complain about it. Players are also always going to find ways to do content with fewer people than it was designed for. I'd wager that pretty much every MMO has had a player or group of players defeat something they shouldn't have been able to.

    Problems with itemization, balance and scaling are not specific to LotRO. Look at the mess WoW is currently. It's not as if the LotRO devs don't care, they're working on it.

    Sure, its all having a bad impact on the normal servers and especially at end game, but that isn't their focus at the moment. They're a small team trying to work from the bottom up to make the experience across all levels better. It's going to take time.
    Torval
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,335
    Stizzled said:
    @JeroKane I've learned it's far easier to have more fun with a game when spending less time reading all the negativity in the official forums, or worrying about how others are playing the game.

    Things are always broken or imbalanced and someone is always going to complain about it. Players are also always going to find ways to do content with fewer people than it was designed for. I'd wager that pretty much every MMO has had a player or group of players defeat something they shouldn't have been able to.

    Problems with itemization, balance and scaling are not specific to LotRO. Look at the mess WoW is currently. It's not as if the LotRO devs don't care, they're working on it.

    Sure, its all having a bad impact on the normal servers and especially at end game, but that isn't their focus at the moment. They're a small team trying to work from the bottom up to make the experience across all levels better. It's going to take time.
    I fully understand the situation they are in at SSG. That's why I am baffled as to why they were in such a hurry to push out the Legendary Servers. No one was even expecting them any time soon and they seem to have enough problems on their hand still fixing stuff in the Mordor expansion.
    When they announced it, most were expecting it somewhere after new year and that would have been better.

    But then they rush out the Legendary Servers anyway. Oke fine. 

    But why in earth start messing with Game overland difficulty balance straight on Live servers, if you have no idea what you are doing and don't grasp all the old code. It doesn't make any sense.
    It's a 12 year old game in which Turbine has made so many revamps and streamline passes over the overland content over the years. It's just a total waste of time trying to change this back...since all the old devs are long gone.

    It's pretty obvious SSG doesn't have that competence and resources in-house anymore to try do such sweeping changes that require a hell lot of testing / QA (again which they don't have)!. So why bother and risk messing up the whole game, upsetting paying customers. Like is happening now.

    I they want to make the Legendary Servers a success, they should focus on Itemization in Crafting and loot in the old zones and instances. To make it worth while again.

    XP gains are nerfed by 40%, so people are slowed down now anyway. I am just enjoying the story and old environments again and that is fine enough with me. Again it's a 12 year old game that underwent a lot of changes over the years.

    If they want to encourage grouping again. I am all for it. Then they should start tinkering with the Instances and RAIDs. Those are contained environments to safely tinker in and try up the difficulty again, without creating cascading effects throughout the rest of the game.

    That is a much better and safer approach when you are strained on resources.

    Ozmodan
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    JeroKane said:
    Stizzled said:
    @JeroKane I've learned it's far easier to have more fun with a game when spending less time reading all the negativity in the official forums, or worrying about how others are playing the game.

    Things are always broken or imbalanced and someone is always going to complain about it. Players are also always going to find ways to do content with fewer people than it was designed for. I'd wager that pretty much every MMO has had a player or group of players defeat something they shouldn't have been able to.

    Problems with itemization, balance and scaling are not specific to LotRO. Look at the mess WoW is currently. It's not as if the LotRO devs don't care, they're working on it.

    Sure, its all having a bad impact on the normal servers and especially at end game, but that isn't their focus at the moment. They're a small team trying to work from the bottom up to make the experience across all levels better. It's going to take time.
    I fully understand the situation they are in at SSG. That's why I am baffled as to why they were in such a hurry to push out the Legendary Servers. No one was even expecting them any time soon and they seem to have enough problems on their hand still fixing stuff in the Mordor expansion.
    When they announced it, most were expecting it somewhere after new year and that would have been better.

    But then they rush out the Legendary Servers anyway. Oke fine. 

    But why in earth start messing with Game overland difficulty balance straight on Live servers, if you have no idea what you are doing and don't grasp all the old code. It doesn't make any sense.
    It's a 12 year old game in which Turbine has made so many revamps and streamline passes over the overland content over the years. It's just a total waste of time trying to change this back...since all the old devs are long gone.

    It's pretty obvious SSG doesn't have that competence and resources in-house anymore to try do such sweeping changes that require a hell lot of testing / QA (again which they don't have)!. So why bother and risk messing up the whole game, upsetting paying customers. Like is happening now.

    I they want to make the Legendary Servers a success, they should focus on Itemization in Crafting and loot in the old zones and instances. To make it worth while again.

    XP gains are nerfed by 40%, so people are slowed down now anyway. I am just enjoying the story and old environments again and that is fine enough with me. Again it's a 12 year old game that underwent a lot of changes over the years.

    If they want to encourage grouping again. I am all for it. Then they should start tinkering with the Instances and RAIDs. Those are contained environments to safely tinker in and try up the difficulty again, without creating cascading effects throughout the rest of the game.

    That is a much better and safer approach when you are strained on resources.

    That is a lot of whining and complaining about nothing.  Lotro is no different than any other MMO,  there are always minor issues 
    mmolou
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,215
    Ozmodan said:
    That is a lot of whining and complaining about nothing.  Lotro is no different than any other MMO,  there are always minor issues 
    Except the issues are not minor in this case, and what's even more concerning is the clear and acknowledged change of focus.

    Even if the 2 new servers are packed to the brim, the 10 other servers have a lot more weight, not to mention a large majority of the players on the new servers also have higher level characters on the other servers, so it affects a very large part of the playerbase. Giving them the finger is simply not a friendly gesture.
    Heck, even a lie, something like "Ok, we're aware of the situation and working on it" would've been a better response than Vastin's "We're focusing now on the early levels"... translation, you can suck it, your gameplay will be affected for months until we get there with the new servers and tweak it too.
    (and the "throw us a bone, we're just an understaffed small team" argument was overused many years ago already, now it is old and stale)


    Personally I like the game, but I also raise my voice against their dumb decisions. Easy to put the whining label on Jero's post but it is partly accurate and while I don't agree with it entirely I can totally understand his position.
    As you can see by opening the trait panel and switch tabs, Empathy is a virtue in LotRO. Maybe you should earn a few more points on it, to understand better the different viewpoints... :smiley:
    JeroKanemmolouOzmodan
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    edited November 2018



    Cool you hate cash shops and got your pot shots in on LOTRO.  Maybe it's time for you to just move on.  

    1) You didnt even know who the Developer is

    2) You dont need to use the cash shop and the statement was "in 2018 going on 2019". 

    3) Upgraded? CHECK 

    4) Developed? CHECK

       You claim

     "Not to mention full price for a serivce that isnt being developed or upgraded anymore, just maintained. with the rest of the profits going straight to their pockets or right back into the cash shop"

    But in reality they just launched update 23.


    https://www.linawillow.org/home/2018/08/far-over-iron-hills-and-mountains-grey-lotro-u23-preview/


    Here is a tip pal before you go all in on a desperate attempt to bash video game you clearly have no clue on at least try google first.  


    Funny how the one who feels the need to counter every single negative cash shop post here is the same one telling me to move on. Maybe try that yourself?

    1) And? Apparently you arent that saavy either. Nice try attempting to somehow make yourself sound like you know what youre talking about though by pointing out a small technicality that barely has anything to do with my point.


    OG_Zorvan said:

    SSG is Turbine with a new name. Same people, same flaws.


    2) Ah my second favorite excuse defending cash shops, "you dont need it." Again, nitpicking stuff that doesnt even matter to make yourself sound like you know what youre talking about. Maybe I should make it a little clearer. Its good ROI in 2018 because its 2018... as in relative to other MMOs available "TODAY" ... this POS practice is the norm now, thanks in part to complacent "gamers" like you who reward this nonsense because ... "capitalism is never wrong" or something. Therefore yeah, it is, from a more narrow POV (and drastically lowered expectations), a good ROI. I guess.

    3 and 4) Thats for the main game "pal" ... have 0 interest in live game. Doubt many who came back for Legendary servers have much interest in whatever is going on with current servers. The only development work they did for Legendary servers are what? The tweaks they needed to make to implement the cash shop? Or is this just the same as live but with locked content?

    Ill keep your "google it" advice stored away for next time though.
    Ozmodan
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,660
    JeroKane said:

    I fully understand the situation they are in at SSG. That's why I am baffled as to why they were in such a hurry to push out the Legendary Servers. No one was even expecting them any time soon and they seem to have enough problems on their hand still fixing stuff in the Mordor expansion.

    Maybe they really needed the influx of cash.
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,018
    Sovrath said:
    JeroKane said:

    I fully understand the situation they are in at SSG. That's why I am baffled as to why they were in such a hurry to push out the Legendary Servers. No one was even expecting them any time soon and they seem to have enough problems on their hand still fixing stuff in the Mordor expansion.

    Maybe they really needed the influx of cash.
    It doesn't cost me any more to play on the Legendary server than it does Crickhollow. There are a few things they could do better, but literally the only thing I don't have access to on Crick are my Mithril Coins. Those are locked to a server, which I think is kind of shoddy, but everything else I do have access to.

    When I first opened storage on Anor I had over 600 storage slots because that's account wide on any server.

    While this did attract a lot of former players and lifers, I see it more as a reason for core players to keep paying rather than start paying more. And it does work for me. I'm really enjoying watching a new server develop. It's great.
    Itstimetodealgervaise1laseritOzmodan
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61


    I find it funny really, classic server having more people then the live servers, tell a lot about teh state of the games today, of course there is always the nostalgy to make us look it on a more forgiving eyes.



    Well considering how many MMO's have already taken this path, which imo is fine, it was only a matter of time before they did it. Wow's is coming next year and sure the servers they release will be above live servers for a time. All in all though it gives people the chance that never experienced the game from start to see what it was all about.
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,597
    It's crazy how refreshing it's been to set 10 years of stuff aside, and go to these servers. To start from the bottom again, no twinked gear, actually looking forward to quest rewards...

    It's the best of both worlds: closer to the original mob challenge level, with all the QoL upgrades. Gotta say, I just might start up my annual sub again, for the first time since Fangorn.

    Agree very much about the universal toolkit, even if the only benefit was not having to switch out tools for different crafting jobs. Being account bound thus being able to use it with every alt makes it worth every penny.

    I disagree on the Mithril, though. I say, go the other way, cut mithril out entirely. This game was built to be traveled in; another thing I had all but forgotten until recently. Ered Luin is too beautiful a place to fast forward through.
    TorvalItstimetodealOzmodan
  • Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    edited November 2018
    For a second I was excited. If they are still plastering cash shops in subscriber's faces then its already lesser than what the classic experience was.
    Ozmodan
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,018
    Robsolf said:
    It's crazy how refreshing it's been to set 10 years of stuff aside, and go to these servers. To start from the bottom again, no twinked gear, actually looking forward to quest rewards...

    It's the best of both worlds: closer to the original mob challenge level, with all the QoL upgrades. Gotta say, I just might start up my annual sub again, for the first time since Fangorn.

    Agree very much about the universal toolkit, even if the only benefit was not having to switch out tools for different crafting jobs. Being account bound thus being able to use it with every alt makes it worth every penny.

    I disagree on the Mithril, though. I say, go the other way, cut mithril out entirely. This game was built to be traveled in; another thing I had all but forgotten until recently. Ered Luin is too beautiful a place to fast forward through.
    I think Mithril Coins should be removed from the game entirely. But since they're not going to, and still allow them to be purchased on the server, then I think they should be account wide. That only screws people who've already bought MC on another server, but still allows those with tons of TP to power their way through. It's a small criticism in the bigger picture for me though.

    I agree, there shouldn't be any special fast travel (outside of unlocking the route via visiting and repuation), no loot crates, no MC, and a much more limited cash shop.

    Remember when you used to have to unlock fast travel routes by first visiting the stable, and then getting the appropriate reputation. MC totally guts that mechanic. Same with unlocking additional trait and LI slots, storage, etc. For Legendary servers this should be "in game" via gold.

    If hobbit gifts were just once a day/week with no extra buy-in and they only gave small consumables and buffs, then I wouldn't mind them at all. No gear, mounts, or currencies of ANY kind.

    That's just my opinion of course not an ultimatum.
    Robsolf
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Torval said:
    Robsolf said:
    It's crazy how refreshing it's been to set 10 years of stuff aside, and go to these servers. To start from the bottom again, no twinked gear, actually looking forward to quest rewards...

    It's the best of both worlds: closer to the original mob challenge level, with all the QoL upgrades. Gotta say, I just might start up my annual sub again, for the first time since Fangorn.

    Agree very much about the universal toolkit, even if the only benefit was not having to switch out tools for different crafting jobs. Being account bound thus being able to use it with every alt makes it worth every penny.

    I disagree on the Mithril, though. I say, go the other way, cut mithril out entirely. This game was built to be traveled in; another thing I had all but forgotten until recently. Ered Luin is too beautiful a place to fast forward through.
    I think Mithril Coins should be removed from the game entirely. But since they're not going to, and still allow them to be purchased on the server, then I think they should be account wide. That only screws people who've already bought MC on another server, but still allows those with tons of TP to power their way through. It's a small criticism in the bigger picture for me though.

    I agree, there shouldn't be any special fast travel (outside of unlocking the route via visiting and repuation), no loot crates, no MC, and a much more limited cash shop.

    Remember when you used to have to unlock fast travel routes by first visiting the stable, and then getting the appropriate reputation. MC totally guts that mechanic. Same with unlocking additional trait and LI slots, storage, etc. For Legendary servers this should be "in game" via gold.

    If hobbit gifts were just once a day/week with no extra buy-in and they only gave small consumables and buffs, then I wouldn't mind them at all. No gear, mounts, or currencies of ANY kind.

    That's just my opinion of course not an ultimatum.
    The problem with traveling is if they want to attract the newer gamer there needs to be an option for them to fast travel.  This new generation is all about instant gratification. Giving them a choice to travel 2000m on a horse to turn in a quest or push the blue button and instant travel chances are they are taking the blue button.  

    Vets we are not forced to use the quick travel, I dont and if little Johnny is spending money on the game and using fast travel I'm fine with it.  It doesnt impact my gameplay and hes supporting the game.  
    Ozmodan
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,692
    I do have to say that reading these LotRO Legendary threads is awesome. So many stories, the huge amount of positivity, the enthusiasm, its infectious. There is still room for a critical note or two too. Very refreshing!

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    ItstimetodealTorvalRobsolf
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

    Kyleran on yours sincerely 


    'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

    Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...



    'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

    It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

    It is just huge resource waste....'

    Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

  • ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    edited November 2018
    lahnmir said:
    I do have to say that reading these LotRO Legendary threads is awesome. So many stories, the huge amount of positivity, the enthusiasm, its infectious. There is still room for a critical note or two too. Very refreshing!

    /Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Agreed right now on the front page LOTRO threads have over 14,000 views 100s of comments far more than any other current topic.  I would bet LOTRO has had more hits on this sites in the last week than it has in the last year.  

    I think this has a few posters worked up and unfortunately they are in OverDrive to try squash any excitement people are having.  
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,597
    Torval said:
    Robsolf said:
    It's crazy how refreshing it's been to set 10 years of stuff aside, and go to these servers. To start from the bottom again, no twinked gear, actually looking forward to quest rewards...

    It's the best of both worlds: closer to the original mob challenge level, with all the QoL upgrades. Gotta say, I just might start up my annual sub again, for the first time since Fangorn.

    Agree very much about the universal toolkit, even if the only benefit was not having to switch out tools for different crafting jobs. Being account bound thus being able to use it with every alt makes it worth every penny.

    I disagree on the Mithril, though. I say, go the other way, cut mithril out entirely. This game was built to be traveled in; another thing I had all but forgotten until recently. Ered Luin is too beautiful a place to fast forward through.
    I think Mithril Coins should be removed from the game entirely. But since they're not going to, and still allow them to be purchased on the server, then I think they should be account wide. That only screws people who've already bought MC on another server, but still allows those with tons of TP to power their way through. It's a small criticism in the bigger picture for me though.

    I agree, there shouldn't be any special fast travel (outside of unlocking the route via visiting and repuation), no loot crates, no MC, and a much more limited cash shop.

    Remember when you used to have to unlock fast travel routes by first visiting the stable, and then getting the appropriate reputation. MC totally guts that mechanic. Same with unlocking additional trait and LI slots, storage, etc. For Legendary servers this should be "in game" via gold.

    If hobbit gifts were just once a day/week with no extra buy-in and they only gave small consumables and buffs, then I wouldn't mind them at all. No gear, mounts, or currencies of ANY kind.

    That's just my opinion of course not an ultimatum.
    Yeah, I'm sure the MC's are here to stay.  I don't know why they aren't account bound; I wouldn't think their being AB would make people use them any less often.  They aren't terrible i guess, and I know I'm going to really want those MC's around toward the end of the Angmar story... ;)

    Shared Storage and Wardrobe appears to be account-wide, at least.  Probably won't have problems with them filling up for a long long time...

    All said and done, I'm glad to be back in and enjoying LotRO, again.  It was my go-to game for a long time, from Moria up til' Fangorn, when the RNG plague completely devastated my will to play...
    Torval
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,018
    I like to bring out good critical talking points because I think those are how we get to "good" or "better", but I like to keep it in perspective too.

    This is the best time I've had playing an MMO in a really long time, including my normal play on Crickhollow. The reset has me interested in learning my classes all over again. It has been refreshing.

    If someone is still thinking about it or trying to figure out your class, try the minstrel. They are BEASTS. The hunter feels better than it has in a long time too. My LM is feeling a bit puny, but not unplayable. It's just a bit awkward because he's been so OP for over a decade.

    If you're on Anor you can join our kin or say hi. The kin is "Lonely Mountain Expeditionaries" Thawolf is the kin leader. You can contact him, @Benbrada (same character name), or myself for an invite. My characters Meldinvos (lore-master), Norbert (hunter), Iolo (bard minstrel).

    We're not organized or actively running advanced content right now. We're there for social and some crafting or class help when we can. We'll help run instances if we're on, but right now it's a bit hectic with work and holidays.

    There are a ton of other kins on the server too looking for people from hardcore instance runners to social musicians. I can't remember the name, but people were looking to fill out bands last night in world.
    Robsolf
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,597
    Torval said:
    I like to bring out good critical talking points because I think those are how we get to "good" or "better", but I like to keep it in perspective too.

    This is the best time I've had playing an MMO in a really long time, including my normal play on Crickhollow. The reset has me interested in learning my classes all over again. It has been refreshing.

    If someone is still thinking about it or trying to figure out your class, try the minstrel. They are BEASTS. The hunter feels better than it has in a long time too. My LM is feeling a bit puny, but not unplayable. It's just a bit awkward because he's been so OP for over a decade.

    If you're on Anor you can join our kin or say hi. The kin is "Lonely Mountain Expeditionaries" Thawolf is the kin leader. You can contact him, @Benbrada (same character name), or myself for an invite. My characters Meldinvos (lore-master), Norbert (hunter), Iolo (bard minstrel).

    We're not organized or actively running advanced content right now. We're there for social and some crafting or class help when we can. We'll help run instances if we're on, but right now it's a bit hectic with work and holidays.

    There are a ton of other kins on the server too looking for people from hardcore instance runners to social musicians. I can't remember the name, but people were looking to fill out bands last night in world.
    Will do, Torv! 
    Torval
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member RarePosts: 6,335
    Robsolf said:



    All said and done, I'm glad to be back in and enjoying LotRO, again.  It was my go-to game for a long time, from Moria up til' Fangorn, when the RNG plague completely devastated my will to play...
    The Shadow of Angmar zones are still one of the best content in the game.

    The Moria expansion was pretty fun too, but the LI system was an RNG mess at the start (and....ugh....Radiance).

    Then Mirkwood with Lothlorien was fantastic. I loved that expac and actually enjoyed a lot of the Skirmishes.

    Then unfortunately came one of the worst expacs. Isengard. Next to Helm's Deep. Absolutely hated it. Was nothing but a boring hub/faction grind after hub/faction grind. Cheap and terrible.

    Riders of Rohan was a bit better again. Mounted Combat was a bit of a mess at the start, but became a lot better later on.

    Epic Battle system in Helm's Deep was a huge letdown and the point I gave up on the game and only came back time to time to check on the current status of the game.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,962
    This is a great game so happy this server has been created.
    Torval

  • EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,038

    McGamer said:

    I was interested in this new server, but not when it was made clear the P2W cash shop is still accessible to those on the new server. Forget it, SSG can just fade away for all I care now. I will wait for the next version of LotR mmo in development.

    When did P2W start applying to PVE? I could have swore there is nothing in that shop that effects the peeps vs creeps "PvP" in LOTRO. Sure you can level faster and improve traits with what's in the store, there's even gear etc in the hobbit gifts that's on par with crafted gear, but what does anyone else care if someone spends money on traits or exp scrolls that helps them level faster, that's not P2W in my book.
  • RenfailRenfail Member EpicPosts: 1,619
    kitarad said:
    This is a great game so happy this server has been created.
    Yep :) 

    Our gaming community is rolling into Anor on Tuesday; we'll be calling it home until WoW classic this upcoming summer. 
    TorvalRhoklaw
    Tim "Renfail" Anderson | Creative Director | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 1,947
    I subbed for the month. I haven't played it since release. The game runs terrible on my 1080ti Intel 7 series 4k system. Terrible. Other players in chat has said the same thing. Others are willing to lower the graphics settings and resolution to something low in order to make it run a bit better, but I'm not. The last MMORPG I played with performance problems was back in DAoC days when dial up was the norm, so it was more acceptable back then. It's not acceptable to me now. Take the time to optimize your game right, and people will come. It's a shame too, because the quests were pretty good. The graphics are okay, not as picturesque as I remember, but that could be because objects keep popping in and out of view as I'm riding to an area. Ruins the immersion.
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I recently joined one server (starting from I). Will see how it goes. So far undecided to choose between tank and healer.
    What I do though is delete any character that does not manage to reach level 20 without dying. I remember doing that in 2011 as well.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Member EpicPosts: 7,148
    nate1980 said:
    I subbed for the month. I haven't played it since release. The game runs terrible on my 1080ti Intel 7 series 4k system. Terrible. Other players in chat has said the same thing. Others are willing to lower the graphics settings and resolution to something low in order to make it run a bit better, but I'm not. The last MMORPG I played with performance problems was back in DAoC days when dial up was the norm, so it was more acceptable back then. It's not acceptable to me now. Take the time to optimize your game right, and people will come. It's a shame too, because the quests were pretty good. The graphics are okay, not as picturesque as I remember, but that could be because objects keep popping in and out of view as I'm riding to an area. Ruins the immersion.
    I've always found it amazing when people with beastly desktops have issues running games and then me on my non-gaming laptop can play 2 accounts at the same time without a hitch.
    Ozmodan

  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    nate1980 said:
    I subbed for the month. I haven't played it since release. The game runs terrible on my 1080ti Intel 7 series 4k system. Terrible. Other players in chat has said the same thing. Others are willing to lower the graphics settings and resolution to something low in order to make it run a bit better, but I'm not. The last MMORPG I played with performance problems was back in DAoC days when dial up was the norm, so it was more acceptable back then. It's not acceptable to me now. Take the time to optimize your game right, and people will come. It's a shame too, because the quests were pretty good. The graphics are okay, not as picturesque as I remember, but that could be because objects keep popping in and out of view as I'm riding to an area. Ruins the immersion.
    I have 1080, i-7 7700k, 16GB RAM and run it on Ultra with no issues. The game crashes in Minas Tirith and areas around it, but that is about it.
    OzmodanTorval
Sign In or Register to comment.