Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight Frontiers Alpha Coming NEXT WEEK! - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• shavashava Member UncommonPosts: 324
    I wonder if being a boomer female gamer (how rare is that) helps you get into alphas? I seem to get into a lot of them.

And, I still play TL/TL2 on my crappy laptop when I'm sick in bed, like I used to re-read Winnie the Pooh and The Phantom Toolbooth when I got a cold when I was a little kid. It's just kind of...comforting...

Plus, who needs a heating pad? :)

Downloading client in anticipation of 1pm eastern tomorrow...
    [Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    OhhPaigey said:
    Samhael said:

Wizardry said:

Watched the video on their site,was ok to watch.

"moving fast" well these type of games have literally no content,they are shallow beatem up type games,that is why they are going for this yet again,low risk,low cost and fast to market.

Now in saying this is going to be more same old crap,i see potential and it bothers me a lot that devs won't go that extra mile to make something grand.I see really nice animations,models,i see fun stuff,but i see NO GAME.

I need to see devs take the hard work that they do accomplish and COMPLETE a AAA game,quit trying to sell me single A gaming,ARPG;'s are single A gaming,fun for a week.

I bet you're a really positive and cheerful person in real life and like to roleplay this dark persona online in private.

Personally, I've clocked in about 1000+ hrs in Diablo 3, 1000+ in PoE, 200+ in Torchlight 2, 500+ in Grim Dawn. They might only be fun for a week to you.. but to real fans of the genre they are games that we'll keep playing and going back to over the next 10 years.

I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but... 1000+ hours in D3? How? I finished the game in around 20-25 and uninstalled. (and while I think I got my RoI back, it was just "meh" for me)
    Can't stop until you have every legendary for every character, completed every achievement, completed every challenge and run so many rifts that you end up in a alternate dimension in real life. Then you escape from the alternate dimension just in time for the next season where you get to do it all again.
    ARPGs are really for two audiences. The people who love the replayability ARPGs provide, different builds, classes, farming the best equipment, and the people who hit max level once or twice and put it down.

One group of people will think the game was meh, or dislike it, and the other group will probably end up loving it. Neither are right or wrong, just kind of depends what you're looking for.

I'm not sure how much time I have in D3 in total, maybe 300-500 hours. I played it on PC at launch, then PS3, then PS4, and a couple times on PC in between. But PoE is the only ARPG I consistently go back to, and have been since 2011.

I think the vast majority of people who dislike current ARPGs are in the wrong genre, they are all heavily geared towards leagues, seasons and everybody starting out fresh with new builds, trying out tweaked skills and all of that, if you are somebody who wants to play the same character for 10 years like my Druid on WoW, then it's probably not gonna be your thing lol.

I found PoE really hard to get into to start, because the hype was about trying out the new leagues when they launch, and I had no interest in starting over I was mostly an MMO player, but something about new mechanics and the fact everybody is starting out fresh on an even playing field, ect, racing is somewhat a thing, really makes it a really cool experience.
    Agree. It is also interesting to see MMOs are adopting this playstyle too. Just look at Rift and the recent LotRO servers. Starting fresh is a great incentive and in the case of MMOs new friendships and new rivalries are created. Playing Legendary LotRO myself I know how much fun that is.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    k61977 said:

I'd have a look for about an hour then wait until it's fully finished even if I get in. I want to play the finished product, not be fed up with the game before it's even finished.

No, you can't have my login if I do.

You should not even ask to be a tester if that is your plan. You basically screw someone else out of a spot if you do get in that might actually you know test the game. I understand you logic behind it but it doesn't help the game or the devs to do that.
    I knew someone would say this ;)

If they need more active testers they will invite more. The end.
    They did invite more, the more than zero that they had.

If you aren't there to test, you don't belong at all. The end.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    What it feels like when you didn't get into Torchlight Frontiers alpha.

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯