Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes Of Magic on Steam/NA

MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
anyone playing I started messing around again, so much to like in this game, anyways its ftp, on steam, good time waster

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2018
    I envy the fact you have free time to waste. Mine is too limited to spend any on games which aren't outstanding, which RoM defintely isn't.

OzmodanAsm0deus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I played ROM on launch and did like some of the systems.  The further in to the game you get the more you realize you need to spend.   So no.
    KyleranOzmodanAsm0deus
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    flizzer said:
    I played ROM on launch and did like some of the systems.  The further in to the game you get the more you realize you need to spend.   So no.
    So the RMT is a ninja.
    Ozmodan

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    flizzer said:
    Worst P2W model I ever ran into, back in beta I spent $100 plus right at the start for a few mounts for my son and I but when my guild leader asked if I was prepared to spend about $625 per account in order to PVE end game raid we left.

PVP players were spending an average of $2-3K with one top spender at $8K (again, in the first 2 months of beta)

That $8K player I mentioned?  I watched him solo 20 same level players, no doubt with some skill but in large part due to being nearly indestructible from his cash shop upgrades.
    OzmodanAsm0deus

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Kyleran said:
    flizzer said:
    Worst P2W model I ever ran into, back in beta I spent $100 plus right at the start for a few mounts for my son and I but when my guild leader asked if I was prepared to spend about $625 per account in order to PVE end game raid we left.

PVP players were spending an average of $2-3K with one top spender at $8K (again, in the first 2 months of beta)

That $8K player I mentioned?  I watched him solo 20 same level players, no doubt with some skill but in large part due to being nearly indestructible from his cash shop upgrades.
    You know what baffles me is why the people not spending the money or spending less stay in the game to provide these high rollers content they can steam roll. Doesn't make any sense at all.
    KyleranOzmodancheyane

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    edited November 2018
    Kyleran said:
    flizzer said:

I didnt get too far but not surprised.   If you like this type of game you might as well just play WoW.
    Kyleran
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I actually played RoM in 2008 and liked the dual class thing. I left cuz the got boring as always. I did spend like $200 on it i think, but that was ok
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations.