Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare to Show Off Javelin Customization & the Forge During Stream Event Tomorrow - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBioWare to Show Off Javelin Customization & the Forge During Stream Event Tomorrow - MMORPG.com

On Thursday, November 15th, Anthem fans can check into a special developer live stream event starting at 1:00 pm Pacific / 4:00 pm Eastern in the Anthem Twitch channel. During the stream, devs will be showing off how players can use the Forge to customize their Javelin exosuit. The stream will last approximately half an hour, so be sure to check in at the appointed time!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    All Anthem and Destiny ever do for me when I research them is influence me to go pick up Warframe, which I avoid because I feel like I missed the boat.

4 Javelins or 4 classes vs 37 warframes with a rabbits hole worth of options?

I really hope Bioware rethinks their approach and goes nuts with the amount of javelins you can chose, and customize ridiculously
    Thupli
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    It s way better then destiny and fun as hell
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

Soki123 said:

Oh?
    Albatroes said:

Soki123 said:

Oh?
    Yep way better
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    All Anthem and Destiny ever do for me when I research them is influence me to go pick up Warframe, which I avoid because I feel like I missed the boat.

I really hope Bioware rethinks their approach and goes nuts with the amount of javelins you can chose, and customize ridiculously
    Never too late to become a space ninja :smiley:
    Anthem looks cool though.
    edited November 2018

Soki123 said:

Based on? And how much playtime?

When presenting something as fact there should be some supporting evidence,

I hope it is fun as destiny to me was a disappointment but this is EA Bioware and they have had quiet the dry spell.
    Lol on lots of playtime. Play what you want don t give a fuck what you think in all honesty.
    [Deleted User]VaultarnRueTheWhirl[Deleted User]
  • Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Def a wait until after launch and reviews pour in game. Like 2-4 weeks after the dust has settled, everyone has capped everything out and is jerking off in whatever town hub they have created. If it’s still fun then, maybe pick up and give it a whirl.
    FacelessSavior

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

Soki123 said:
    Albatroes said:

Soki123 said:

Oh?
    Yep way better
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you're talking about Warframe NOT Anthem right?
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Free Destiny 2 got pushed to the wayside so I could play free Warframe. I've lost all faith in Bioware and will not buy into anything they are selling. Company is an empty shell.
  • VaultarnVaultarn Member UncommonPosts: 23

Soki123 said:

Soki123 said:

Based on? And how much playtime?

When presenting something as fact there should be some supporting evidence,

I hope it is fun as destiny to me was a disappointment but this is EA Bioware and they have had quiet the dry spell.

Lol on lots of playtime. Play what you want don t give a fuck what you think in all honesty.

Wow... that got a bit hostile quickly.

I'm hoping it lives up to expectations and pretty sure I'll end up getting it.
  • Jrich_cpJrich_cp Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Anthem looks great. Cant wait to try it. Wish Warframe had a better new player experience for their new content their releasing. Destiny 2 was ok but Im a 3rd person guy, not a 1st person guy.
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    So this is Destiny 2.5 with Mecha Warriors.
  • NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I keep trying to get into Warframe, but I have no idea what the hell I'm doing and don't feel like reading half the internet to get a clue.

Hopefully Anthem will be a decent game; the body suit/mech idea is cool IMO.
    gastovski1MrMelGibson
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    Guys a bit of calm, you are not in your javelin's shooting right now. :)
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Cautiously optimistic, but I'm betting that it will at least be better than Derpstiny.
  • azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402
    Replay of the Stream:

There was a lot more textures/material/emotes options than I was expecting.
    Not going to lie. I'm actually impressed with the Forge. I'm always a fan of fashion wars, and this game has that in spades. 

Here's hoping that the mechanical RPG side of the forge is as good as the aesthetic side of the forge. 
    azarhal said:
    Replay of the Stream:

There was a lot more textures/material/emotes options than I was expecting.
    Thanks for this. It's really bugged out how they went that deep into cosmetic options but are fearful of having more game-play/javelin options because complexity. I guess they went crazy with emotes too because Fortnite makes a killing off those. Start with 8 javelins and release 4 per cycle or something man. Geez.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kind of an apples vs. oranges comparison.

This really depends on how customizable each Javelin is. Can their skills be changed out? Do they have individual skill trees ala Destiny? Do they have Javelin-specific weapons, and if so, how many types for each?

Warframe has 37 Warframes, but there isn't a whole lot of flexibility to each one. They have the same four powers, some of which can be slightly tweaked with mods. Each frame tends to have one or two optimal builds. Many of the Warframes have one or multiple powers which are entirely useless or so niche case that they may as well be. Some Warframes are one-power wonders. There is a serious quantity-over-quality here. 

Also, vanilla Warframe had 8 Warframes, not 37. It's not exactly fair to compare a yet-to-release game with a 6 year old game in terms of content. I'd be more shocked if a new looter shooter managed to release with more classes than Warframe. 
    Aeander said:

This really depends on how customizable each Javelin is. Can their skills be changed out? Do they have individual skill trees ala Destiny? Do they have Javelin-specific weapons, and if so, how many types for each?

Warframe has 37 Warframes, but there isn't a whole lot of flexibility to each one. They have the same four powers, some of which can be slightly tweaked with mods. Each frame tends to have one or two optimal builds. Many of the Warframes have one or multiple powers which are entirely useless or so niche case that they may as well be. Some Warframes are one-power wonders. There is a serious quantity-over-quality here. 

Also, vanilla Warframe had 8 Warframes, not 37. It's not exactly fair to compare a yet-to-release game with a 6 year old game in terms of content. I'd be more shocked if a new looter shooter managed to release with more classes than Warframe. 
    You're right, but Warframe didn't come in with that EA/Bioware Amex Black Card behind it. 4 is still low. Providing some kind of illusion of game play choice does a lot for engagement (for me at least). I have a bad feeling they're going to be stingy with the release cycle on Javelins too (1 or 2 per cycle) and when DLCs hit everybody is going to be running around with the same javelins. I'm not expecting too much story/lore wise. I'd just like to see something else that will keep my brain occupied between the pew pew sessions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Aeander said:

You're right, but Warframe didn't come in with that EA/Bioware Amex Black Card behind it. 4 is still low. Providing some kind of illusion of game play choice does a lot for engagement (for me at least). I have a bad feeling they're going to be stingy with the release cycle on Javelins too (1 or 2 per cycle) and when DLCs hit everybody is going to be running around with the same javelins. I'm not expecting too much story/lore wise. I'd just like to see something else that will keep my brain occupied between the pew pew sessions.
    While you're correct in that Warframe was indie, Digital Extremes was by no means a small studio. In fact, they were much larger than they could afford to be at the time. They had over 200 employees at the time of the vanilla version. For perspective, that's roughly the size of the vanilla GW2 team. They had the manpower to rush a solid game to market in the timespan that they achieved. The problem was that they needed to become profitable within 1 year of doing so, or else they would have to terminate those employees and would lack the funds to pay severance. Fortunately, they turned a profit and their overstaffed studio was saved. There is an interesting documentary on that somewhere on youtube.
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

While you're correct in that Warframe was indie, Digital Extremes was by no means a small studio. In fact, they were much larger than they could afford to be at the time. They had over 200 employees at the time of the vanilla version. For perspective, that's roughly the size of the vanilla GW2 team. They had the manpower to rush a solid game to market in the timespan that they achieved. The problem was that they needed to become profitable within 1 year of doing so, or else they would have to terminate those employees and would lack the funds to pay severance. Fortunately, they turned a profit and their overstaffed studio was saved. There is an interesting documentary on that somewhere on youtube.
    Yeah, I sort of remember. There were a lot of Firefall comparisons back then. The Red5 fanatics used to trash the hell out of Digital Extremes. It's ironic how far along Warframe has come in comparison to Firefall. It gets compared to Destiny/Destiny 2/Anthem, and Firefall gets compared to [null].

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Aeander said:
    Aeander said:

Yeah, I sort of remember. There were a lot of Firefall comparisons back then. The Red5 fanatics used to trash the hell out of Digital Extremes. It's ironic how far along Warframe has come in comparison to Firefall. It gets compared to Destiny/Destiny 2/Anthem, and Firefall gets compared to [null].
    I'd say Firefall compares to the Titanic quite nicely. The Firefall bus hit an iceberg called reality.