Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bill Murphy - Fallout 76 May Be the Sandbox MMO We've Been Waiting For - MMORPG.com

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Which one is it? Click bait, trolling readers, or sponsored?

I wouldn't say that was genuine out loud, even if it was.  :D
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    MMO = Mixed Martial Orts

"As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Bill Murphy - Fallout 76 May Be the Sandbox MMO We've I've Been Waiting For - MMORPG.com

Fixed it for Bill. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789
    Ratero said:
    @Gruug I don't mean to quibble but could you please state where you saw that about the stash size?  All I've seen so far is that the 400 pound stash size is intentional.  I've been searching the past few days on this subject and only found where other people are having stash size issues and they want more capacity but nothing solid from the Dev's.  I really would like to read this if you found a source.  Thanks in advance.
    It was mentioned by the lead dev in one of their interviews a short while ago. It was also just mentioned in the up coming day one release patch notes. However, it does not say it will actually be IN that patch nor does it say the amount to which the stash will be expanded. The way I read the notes was more along the lines that the bump up in stash size will not be what we (or I) was led to believe previously.

**(Sorry, didn't see your reply and hence why this response was late.)

[Deleted User]

Let's party like it is 1863!

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Everything I've seen and heard about it seems to indicate that without actively seeking out other players, it's largely empty and bug ridden.  So I guess it may emulate a sandbox in the vein of launch day SWG, in those respects.  But with fewer players per server.

15 years of progress, and that's where we are.
  • BluelinerBlueliner Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Why don't we just call this game what it is? ….. Lazy

[Deleted User]
  • maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173
    Robsolf said:
    Everything I've seen and heard about it seems to indicate that without actively seeking out other players, it's largely empty and bug ridden.  So I guess it may emulate a sandbox in the vein of launch day SWG, in those respects.  But with fewer players per server.

That's way wrong. There are events that run where players congregate, and you can run into players anywhere, but they are shown on the map so you can avoid them if you want, or meet up with them.

Thus far, in almost every case, when I happened upon another person, they wanted to group up, unless they wanted to kill me.  Luckily I never fired back at anyone who attacked me, so I didn't chance losing any of my many, many crafting items. 

[Deleted User]

Nyctelios said:
    Robsolf said:

That's way wrong. There are events that run where players congregate, and you can run into players anywhere, but they are shown on the map so you can avoid them if you want, or meet up with them.

Thus far, in almost every case, when I happened upon another person, they wanted to group up, unless they wanted to kill me.  Luckily I never fired back at anyone who attacked me, so I didn't chance losing any of my many, many crafting items. 

Always storage your junk and never fire back. That's my moto, yeah I'm a coward but one alive coward.
    haha it's a good plan. I wish it was easier to to find places to store junk. I end up walking around overweight for hours.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I can def see that wandering the wastes alone will become a fairly boring way to spend your time in Appalachia.

The questing is pretty standard fair, but the world does seem very isolated and lonely due to no NPCs that aren't hostile.

That being said, I can see this game (especially at end-game) being an absolute blast/riot when playing with a group of friends.

Certainly some similarities there to early MMO design.
    [Deleted User]
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Asch126 said:
    You forgot to add the "sponsored" tag because it's obvious you're lying through your teeth.

But of course, i forget, gaming journalism here doesn't do that, isn't that right?
    They are usually extremely blatant with their sponsored tags when they are sponsored. 

This seems more like a "Lets say something and stir everything up to get more interaction". 

I will probably try the game but I don't agree that it's a sandbox that I've been looking for. 
    BadSpock said:
    I can def see that wandering the wastes alone will become a fairly boring way to spend your time in Appalachia.

The questing is pretty standard fair, but the world does seem very isolated and lonely due to no NPCs that aren't hostile.

That being said, I can see this game (especially at end-game) being an absolute blast/riot when playing with a group of friends.

Certainly some similarities there to early MMO design.
    There are NPCs that aren't hostile. 
    [Deleted User]

• samooryesordsamooryesord Member UncommonPosts: 96
    edited November 2018
    I won't write off this game because its only 24 players per world or whatever. I'll write it off because its a terrible game which has no point and no reason to exist.
    deniterRawiz
  • hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196
    edited November 2018
    Don't waste your time or money, its a dud. Replica of 4 with all its exploits just set to a 2 co-op/4 multi player game ((24) err... i think that is what ass they pulled the 24 out of).
    Rawiz
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    edited November 2018
    This is no Fallout. It's a rust rip-off to get quick money. Murphy should maybe review more fortnite as Fallout is not a joke franchise.

Any true fan of the series knows there is a proper story and a way for you, as a player, to be a part of it. This game is not about story, it's about your AP drain when you melee a ghoul. Absolute disgrace to the fallout series.

AVOID.

Any other Fallout game, I would be right there in it, free or not. I don't see any reason to not allow people play offline/alone - or is the fact you can encounter other players the only reason the game was made?

The only reason you guys make stories about this game and push MMO label is your site, nothing else.
    Post edited by Rawiz on
    maskedweasel[Deleted User]
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Interesting discussion. 

I liked how many people lost their shit because the first sentence said MMO. 

I won't play the game because if I'm going to play a survival game, i'd play Conan Exiles or maybe try Ark. I'm not a fan of post-apocalyptic stuff. I only played 4 hours of FO4 before getting bored. Perhaps, I'll go back to it. Reading about Fallout 76 makes me feel like I may want to go back to FO4. 

I also, am not a fan of non-innovative stuff. It's why I didn't care about Destiny 2, it's why I don't really play any MMO's, and why I won't play this game. 

RexKushman
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited November 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    Spent about 15-20 hrs in game. Quick review from a former Bethesda fanboy.

(I literally made a FO4 Hype Thread back in 2015 https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441617/fallout-4-hype-thread-get-in-before-its-too-late/p1 )  :s

First thing I will say is regardless of what you want to call this game, it feels like its still in early access. Maybe this should have been a 20$ EA game and not full price. There are so many things wrong that I don't know where to start. Cheaters are already in the game in a big way. PVP and PVE both feel empty and non satisfying. Games keeps crashing on XB1X and PC.. so right now, It really feels like a Fallout 4 Mod that's not quite finished.

Bethesda usually releases and hopes the community fixes what they didn't fix, but not this time. This time its really up to them. They are getting exposed for being lazy and I hate to say that.

I think at the core of it maybe there can be fun to be had..but only if you have friends and don't mind bugs. There are so many tech issues that its nearly unplayable at times. Literally. 

I feel like Bethesda should have made this just a Co-Op game no need to do the mmo-lite thing. This would have worked in a private server situation where you can invite up to 3 other people. I hope they make some serious changes before ES6 and Starfield.  I've seen many defending arguments about the engine but when the same bugs are still in your games from years back, there is a big problem with your process. Change is needed.

Bethesda should maybe hire fresh talent. The same people have been there for 20+ years and it shows. I hope they can Turn 76 around, I think if it had another year to work out some kinks it would be in a better place. Lets see if they pull a Ubisoft and continue to support it or just give up on it. 

4/10 (Below Average)
    +Great Fallout Atmosphere
    +Great Soundtrack

-Nothing "Just Works"
    -Everything Else
    [Deleted User]uriel_mafessRexKushman
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    This game had such potential. They had most of the art done all ready and still found a way to deliver an unpolished B+ level Indie game with a AAA price tag.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Nyctelios said:
    Rawiz said:
    This is no Fallout. It's a rust rip-off to get quick money. Murphy should maybe review more fortnite as Fallout is not a joke franchise.

Any true fan of the series knows there is a proper story and a way for you, as a player, to be a part of it. This game is not about story, it's about your AP drain when you melee a ghoul. Absolute disgrace to the fallout series.

AVOID.

Any other Fallout game, I would be right there in it, free or not. I don't see any reason to not allow people play offline/alone - or is the fact you can encounter other players the only reason the game was made?

The only reason you guys make stories about this game and push MMO label is your site, nothing else.
    Why are you WTFing informative posts.

The game has NPCs. I just sold my items to some and got quests from another.
    For what they do in 76, they might as well have been a telephone pole.
    AlmostLancelot
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Nobody is building stuff that i have seen watching Twitch.Also the exploration part has also looked awful.
    The Apoc theme has always been used to give a reason for lack of content.

Having to limit the world to 24 seems ridiculous,i have no reason why this is so.

This whole Fallout idea is also laughable,remove the title and this is just a boring survival game that you could attach ANY title onto it and nobody would know the difference.

This is a VERY cheap offering,like 6 months of work and trying to pan it off as a HQ game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Geek77Geek77 Member UncommonPosts: 3
    It's bad and it is NOT "The Sandbox MMO we've been waiting for." Who is "we". This game is buggy, laggy and has a unfinished feeling. The lack of living NPCs and a mostly empty world is just lazyness and a way to save money. The bugs were excused in the singleplayer games because of the story and world building. There is no wallpaper to hide the holes this time. Game is not worth 60 dollars at all. It needs modders once again to fix things but that wont happen for at least a year and the game may not even last that long.
  • RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584
    Nyctelios said:
    Rawiz said:

AVOID.

Why are you WTFing informative posts.

The game has NPCs. I just sold my items to some and got quests from another.
    I've not WTF any post. WTF are you talking about?
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

DMKano said:

Sandbox MMO?

Lol no.

It's a Fallout 4 multiplayer mod with a new larger map and some new world bosses. Sure it can be fun, but a sanbox MMO, for me - not even close.

I've been following your posts for a few years now (don't worry Im not a stalker, just a fellow gamer :)

I'm intrigued by the game you are looking for.

From you perspective what games are you playing now, what games are you most interested in, and what games are you looking forward to.

I've actually stopped playing games because I can't find anything interesting. Bill has piqued my interest in this title, but your response has me interested in yours.

Let me know

I. Am. Gamer. Play. Forever.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Avarix said:

I'm surprised by how many articles I see with so many positives about this game. I'm not usually overly harsh on my critique of games but this game looks awful. So much so that it should be a major blow to Bethesda's reputation.

Could be true. But did you play it yet?

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916

Iselin

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/