Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New RaiderZ Video Spotlights Work on Several Core Game Systems - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew RaiderZ Video Spotlights Work on Several Core Game Systems - MMORPG.com

As the new RaiderZ team continues its work revamping key components of the game, they wanted to show off some of the work in progress. In a new video, you can see a variety of systems currently undergoing retooling including the Evade System, UI changes, Character Creation updates and the starting point alterations.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    For comparison's sake, here's what that beach area and it's nearby grass used to look like. The entire game had a weird yellow tint and all of the colors were a bit too vibrant.

axl3blaz3[Deleted User]MrMelGibsonMensur
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    [The flickering mouse pointer is working as intended]
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so what? they removed the class thing and now is all skill based? should the graphics be upgraded too?

now they have to compete with monster hunter world and dauntless on pc, since lets get real here, you will just kill trash mobs for xp and normally is HK then all and only fight bosses around for mats to make gear
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    I actually enjoyed RaiderZ for what it was. It had a very similar combat system to Tera. But in a lot of ways I thought it was better. The way you got gear was enjoyable. Everything you killed dropped mats. There would be a vendor in each city/hub that would create gear and weapons with the mats. It made questing more productive, since you were acquiring gear at tgge same time.

If this comes to NA. I'll give it another go.
    YashaXMensur
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2018
    ...now they have to compete with monster hunter world and dauntless on pc, ...
    For many players that was the case years ago as well, just see the "poor man's Tera" and "MH-like game on PC" kind of comments from that era... but RaiderZ was a fun game on its own as well.
    True, now Tera is f2p, and there's MH on the PC, so it won't have an easy time at launch.

I'm sure though that the nostalgia factor will help RaiderZ a lot - and that's why I don't really get the changes... why remove the classes? Why the new passive panel, it looks (and promises) a lot of grind, while the original's character building was easy and flexible. Why the evade change, RaiderZ had a nice and responsive control (some said even better than Tera in places), now they want to make some kind of a dark souls of it?

The graphics look fine, I'm curious about the new storyline (the original had a pretty meh story, with a couple funny parts in the writing).
    Generally I'm still planning to play the new one, but the class remove is an unpleasant surprise, I liked the class system, had a few dual-classed clerics in the original.

edit: if you don't want to take my random noname forum opinion about dodging, Hive said the same 6 years ago, you can believe him then :smiley:  https://youtu.be/qJ2rhdmKaPk?t=74   and Leiloni's right, the colour palette did seem brighter and more vibrant back then.
    YashaXMrMelGibson
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    I actually enjoyed RaiderZ for what it was. It had a very similar combat system to Tera. But in a lot of ways I thought it was better. The way you got gear was enjoyable. Everything you killed dropped mats. There would be a vendor in each city/hub that would create gear and weapons with the mats. It made questing more productive, since you were acquiring gear at tgge same time.

If this comes to NA. I'll give it another go.

Yeah, I was surprised at how good it was, weird how it never got much attention/coverage. The little pvp area was a lot of fun as well, I wish they could expand on that.

MrMelGibson
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    YashaX said:
    Yeah, I was surprised at how good it was, weird how it never got much attention/coverage. The little pvp area was a lot of fun as well, I wish they could expand on that.
    Interesting, I was in the opposite camp, posted quite a lot of whining in the RaiderZ forum here about that :smiley:  "don't put forced pvp in my PvE gameplay"
    Was a really good move when they've removed the forced element of it, many PvE players returned after that.

I agree, the low attention was a bit weird. Action combat wasn't that widespread those times - fortunately, I don't really like action combat, RaiderZ was my exception - and the handful of action games were p2p.
    Then here's an f2p game which is fun, has Tera's feel (see the "poor man's Tera" comments) and also MH's feel in hunting down creatures for making gear... and it only remains a niche title.

Probably it was by a collision of several smaller things. F2p was still on the "rising" phase, a lot of players were still on the "I'd never touch a cheap f2p game, p2p is the way" bandwagon. It was PWE, an another red flag for many players.
    That forced pvp part chased away a lot of PvE players in the first months (before the change).
    There was the massive duping which they mis-managed, refused a rollback which they did even for Neverwinter. Lots of players left then too.
    There was a suggestion later that fine, if you don't want to roll back then at least merge the low-pop servers and start a fresh new server on an empty one without the duping, they said no - and you can see nowadays how popular such a move can be (LotRO, EQ, AoC new servers, just from recently).
    Then turned out Maiet has ditched the game, so it went to maintenance mode.
    Tera's switch to f2p wasn't helping either...

It's too bad, the game was really fun, I played it a lot. Maybe this time it will have a better luck. (though now action combat is everywhere, most games are f2p, and players are more picky than ever :smiley: )
  • NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    I played this at launch. It was bad...really bad. It's open action combat was more tab like and just more of a "open swing" system. That said, it didn't matter because mobs were stale and groupped like any stale unintuitive design.

The game failed under it's first publisher.
    Then got picked up by Runes of Magic publisher.
    Then got shut down.

The game is VERY linear and VERY stale. It is hillarious bad too.
    Wait until you get your first mount, and it has this super annoying spam squak (it is a chocobo rip off). And if you do this emote while on it, you shake your hands in air as a little jingle plays and the bird squaks....It is hillarious bad to troll other players with.

Anyways, besides the clunky everything and stale story and linear progression, it had a LOT of P2W elements including "Build X, then get stopped by content until you buy a skill reset and redo it to X, then push on..." There was a free skill reset at 20 if I remember right, but later at 50ish, it required you buy.

This game does not need revived XD
    Mensur
  • AlterMech98AlterMech98 Member CommonPosts: 1

Nanbino said:

I played this at launch. It was bad...really bad. It's open action combat was more tab like and just more of a "open swing" system. That said, it didn't matter because mobs were stale and groupped like any stale unintuitive design.

The game failed under it's first publisher.

Then got picked up by Runes of Magic publisher.

Then got shut down.

The game is VERY linear and VERY stale. It is hillarious bad too.

Wait until you get your first mount, and it has this super annoying spam squak (it is a chocobo rip off). And if you do this emote while on it, you shake your hands in air as a little jingle plays and the bird squaks....It is hillarious bad to troll other players with.

Anyways, besides the clunky everything and stale story and linear progression, it had a LOT of P2W elements including "Build X, then get stopped by content until you buy a skill reset and redo it to X, then push on..." There was a free skill reset at 20 if I remember right, but later at 50ish, it required you buy.

This game does not need revived XD

Had to register for this site just to tell you you're wrong.
    First while the game was pay to win you were never forced to buy a skill set change ever, this is a complete lie and you probably just made some massive mistake with your build. I played this game from launch until it died and never once bought a reset.
    They pay to win came from the gemstones you could get in the cash shop that gave stats to cash items. And they only came very late in the game's lifecycle.

The game also never ever hit level 50, it capped at 40 before the developer stopped making content.
    Progression was entirely linear until level 35, the original cap, then you could branch off to multiple dungeons to complete carious armor sets. And at level 40 there's an entirely new set of dungeons to work towards. Then there's PvP focus which had its own gear sets to complete or Hellhound fights which had their own gear sets to complete. Both alongside the regular PvE dungeon content.

You obviously know nothing about the game and quit very early on. So please refrain from opening your dumb little mouth in the future.
    YashaX