Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Betrayal is the Next Path of Exile League - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBetrayal is the Next Path of Exile League - MMORPG.com

When Path of Exile launches the Betrayal league in December, it will be the game's biggest one to date. Players will set off on an adventure that will see them tracking down members of the Immortal Syndicate and targeting them for assassination. But it's more than a simple "find and kill" adventure, but one that features twists and turns, alliances and broken friendships all on the path to finding the Syndicate's leader.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Lumiere123Lumiere123 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    "They claim they are immortal. We must prove they are not", GG GGG
    ceh430
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    edited November 2018
    www.playdiablo4.com - links directly to POE love it! :P
    dinognConstantineMerusXarkoTacticalZombehceh430

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    So many things to learn for new players when this comes out! But I love it and what more there is gonna be even more because they should announce new league mechanics, right?
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    What I really love is the fact that this one is spread throughout the game world and not confined to any one spot. It gives players a reason to revisit locations they may not have been to for ages. Being someone who loves detective show, this one really appeals to me. :)
    MensurScottJeslisConstantineMerus

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I am a something less than a casual POE player and I am looking forward to this.
    Mensur
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    You can tell that the people that work at GGG are really passionate towards what they do. Every league is unique and while it's true that some are more bland compared to others it doesn't take away from the fact that they introduce new stuff each time...
    Honestly to me it feels like Blizzard looked at PoE than looked at Diablo 3 and said... fuck it let's go mobile. No point in trying for PC cause we have to put effort there to be competitive.
    boris20UNH0LYEV1LUkurvTacticalZombehRnjypsy
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    The guys at GGG continue to amaze me with these "leagues". The last one I wasn't as into as the ideas here and the one league where it was based on capturing creatures. Great stuff
  • Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Bring it on! I suck at this game.. But this looks interesting!
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    ill probably hop in the play this league. I skipped last league to play other games. This one has my interest.
  • BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    The fact that this combines the best part of past leagues and improve upon what bestiary should have been, I'm super hyped about this.

You can see the whole idea of combining all the best bits of pasts leagues is based around player retention.
    I've played PoE since Alpha, well over 10k+ hours now and every league around the 2 month mark leagues start to die out, hopefully we can see a change with this one.
  • Moms_SpaghettiMoms_Spaghetti Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited November 2018
    How nice, the players feel betrayed by Blizzard, so they hunt down the immortal syndicate. Not sure if this was directed at blizz.
    IlayaTacticalZombeh
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Slash Diablo resets in a few days, New PoE league and then we've got the new Grim Dawn expansion coming as well. aRPG madness for the next several months.
  • frangoazulfrangoazul Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Insta death
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    BEST GAME EVER
    Truvidien88
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    While I've never been a big fan of the game's core mechanics, GGG has always showed quite a bit of passion, vision, and even innovation when it comes to the different leagues. They know how to keep things interesting and somewhat fresh.

I'd love to see what these guys could come up with if they had access to the same funds as a AAA developer.

I'll be giving the game another try on PS4 next month. But that skill tree and lack of respecs... ugh. If this game had the smooth combat and build flexibility of D3, I'd never, ever need to play another ARPG again, and I'd probably have spent as much on it as I have on Warframe...
    Cryomatrix

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927

While I've never been a big fan of the game's core mechanics, GGG has always showed quite a bit of passion, vision, and even innovation when it comes to the different leagues. They know how to keep things interesting and somewhat fresh.

I'd love to see what these guys could come up with if they had access to the same funds as a AAA developer.

I'll be giving the game another try on PS4 next month. But that skill tree and lack of respecs... ugh. If this game had the smooth combat and build flexibility of D3, I'd never, ever need to play another ARPG again, and I'd probably have spent as much on it as I have on Warframe...

You can respec as much as you want. Orbs of Regret are for that and usually it's not that hard to get enough for a full respec.
    About the combat indeed I agree that D3 have smoother combat, but when it comes to build flexibility I don't think you can compare them... PoE has a lot more flexibility than D3 would ever have. Few leagues ago I built a Mjölnir, CoC(cast on crit), RF(righteous fire) build. Basically I was casting more spells than D3 chars have builds :P. Those were 3 different builds that I managed to combine... If that's not flexible I don't know what is :)
  • sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

GGG are a AAA company now, they are owned by Tencent.
  • AgeniAgeni Member UncommonPosts: 44

Xoph said:

Slash Diablo resets in a few days, New PoE league and then we've got the new Grim Dawn expansion coming as well. aRPG madness for the next several months.

You forgot to mention Wolcen (atleast Beta phase) and Torchlight Frontier (coming next year) :)
  • GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100
    PoE, a great game designed for trading, and progression is only possible by player trading, where trading sucks so hard.
    Want to trade ? selling is waiting afk in your base for hours, or leave your current game activity to trade, buying is doing alt-tab looking in to a web and try your luck asking for 15 different people for the item you need or you want, also the isue is even worse becouse you need to trade maps, and currency for progression.

Great game, but when you reach lvls 85+ trading is a must, and is the worst aspect of the game. They have an AH for chinese players and other systems for consoles.
    Their inavility to put a decent trade system or an AH makes that 80% of the people that play the new leagues, leave after 1-2 weeks.
    jdnewellAgeniAyin
    I keep coming back to PoE because of build options and that i play hardcore. I highly suggest you guys try hc, it is a different ballgame altogether.

I cant wait til december 7 and my quest to hit 90 continues again.

• kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,759
    Butbutbut I have so much to play right now, Warframe, Aria 4th dec, lotro progression..and I just played delve league. I will have to skip this one, just don't got the time for it; and PoE I can't play casual, so it would consume me for 2 months.
    Cryomatrix
  • exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    94,99% of the people didnt make it past lvl 93 in that game. Looking at Lost Ark and comparing it to PoE its like night and day- combat wise.
    I played about 200 hours last league and i expect to rock the house december 7, i cant wait, going to go nuts when the league starts
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

Nyctelios said:

This addition to unique mods and sufixes to yellow items is such a big deal. People who don't play the game don't have a clue how much gamechanging it is.

I love the new league, the changes are amazing. The one thing to make it perfect that is missing is new character models - they revamped so many skill effects and environment/light effects that it kinda make those models look somewhat outdated. Not a complain, just a nitpick.

People who don't play the game probably don't care

I need an ARPG that isn't obsessed with seasons (or... Leagues). It fragments the player base, and I'm not very interested in level racing; as that results in playing the same content over, and over, and over, and over... Not fun for me :-(
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Darksworm said:

Nyctelios said:

This addition to unique mods and sufixes to yellow items is such a big deal. People who don't play the game don't have a clue how much gamechanging it is.

I love the new league, the changes are amazing. The one thing to make it perfect that is missing is new character models - they revamped so many skill effects and environment/light effects that it kinda make those models look somewhat outdated. Not a complain, just a nitpick.

People who don't play the game probably don't care

I need an ARPG that isn't obsessed with seasons (or... Leagues). It fragments the player base, and I'm not very interested in level racing; as that results in playing the same content over, and over, and over, and over... Not fun for me :-(
    This game does not suffer what so ever from lack of players. So fragmenting the player base is not an issue at all here.