Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest 2: Chaos Descending Launches & Here's the Trailer - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageEverQuest 2: Chaos Descending Launches & Here's the Trailer - MMORPG.com

It's launch day for the latest EverQuest II expansion, Chaos Descending. To celebrate today's launch, developers have sent out a brand new trailer.

Read the full story here

Comments

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    I re-installed EQ2 a few weeks ago and good lord this did not age well, and I'm not just talking about the graphics. I managed to get as far as finishing the boat tutorial before uninstalling.
    gastovski1

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• PriddypwnyPriddypwny Member UncommonPosts: 32
    It’s sad because I feel like PC games are slowly fading away...I’ve been Pc gaming since 99’ and it has become a lifestyle for me. I’ve tried everything including EQ2 and I feel nostalgia remembering the first time I played through this game. I miss the feeling of playing a new PC game that felt innovative and fun for the whole community that joined in.
    Mikehagastovski1mikeb0817JeroKane
  • FaderinFaderin Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited November 2018
    While other games release new content way too slow, EQ2 releases it too fast, It's easy to fall behind and then give up.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Faderin said:
    While other games release new content way too slow, EQ2 releases it too fast, It's easy to fall behind and then give up.
    When i started to lose interest is 3 things.
    1 the game is TOO big,yes it gives you choice but your not going to play all the zones.
    2 I was always turned off by how they do stats and food...OOC food pfft dumb idea.
    3 Just like Wow the game never evolved,always doing quests but the main goal becomes kill bosses for best loot.

Ideas..systems in games should balance out in a way that players WANT to play the entire game.EQ2 does do this for awhile but eventually players if they can get a group are just going to do instances and then just like Wow,it is gear based not skill based.

So all these Wow/EQ2 clones the combat is handcuffed,i never felt like i as the player mattered,could just automate the result.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    I haven't played EQ2 in a drought of a time, but initially I enjoyed it. I've never been a "crafting" fan in games, but I remember EQ2 was interactive enough to make it fun for me while I tried it & leveled it up. My favorite moment is when Mounts where on sale & I bought that rhino. To this day that is my all time favorite mount of any game, it was just the right appearance, sounds, & movements for my liking. The expansions nowadays are too expense for these older games imho but without such I'm sure they would wither away even faster. I still have fonder memories of EQ being that it was my first mmo but I have some good memories of EQ2.
  • ElderknightElderknight Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Loved Eq1 and 2 but ya its so old now, hard to want to go back and play these days, still pissed about how they took so much time with eq next then it was cancelled think they wanted to much, i would've been happy with eq1 clone with updated graphics from them but oh well.
    mikeb0817
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    meh..Does anyone know how many people are playing this game?

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Mensur said:

meh..Does anyone know how many people are playing this game?

Typical population of most old games. Played for a bit and liked the old school feel but ..... meh.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081

It’s sad because I feel like PC games are slowly fading away...I’ve been Pc gaming since 99’ and it has become a lifestyle for me. I’ve tried everything including EQ2 and I feel nostalgia remembering the first time I played through this game. I miss the feeling of playing a new PC game that felt innovative and fun for the whole community that joined in.

Consoles are really good. A lot of people are just moving over to those.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I think pc gaming is fine. Steam, GoG seem to be very popular.

I'm not concerned. Especially because people have been saying PC gaming is fading for too many years for me to remember.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    I remember installing this game in 2005 and getting bored. How would I ever play a similar game 13 years later. Then again, I play PoE which is essentially diablo 2 clone :). Cool that they are releasing stuff but the crappy graphics prevent me from going to it.

I recently tried DDO again and i couldn't take the graphics and quit after 4 minutes. It was fun when i first downloaded it. Alas, I wish i wasn't such a graphics whore, but i am.
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Back in the Day, EQ2 used to be about the journey, not the destination. I remember when it was first released, barely being above lvl 30 after 6 months. Unfortunately then came WOW, and EQ2, just like a lot of other MMO's tried to emulate WOWs success by copying it. Dumbing down the game, making it too easy so people could rush to end game for the epic gear grind.

Early expansions used to add sideways progression and fleshed out the leveling experience, but no longer :( I've been back in the EQ2 multiple times. Takes about a week (if that) to reach end game, and then its just grind for gear, so you are better equipped for grinding for more gear.

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• GravebladeGraveblade Member UncommonPosts: 547
    edited November 2018
    I agree.
    Started playing mmorpg's in 1996 and have been hooked ever since. It began with Kingdom of Drakkar, Ultima Online, Everquest, DAoC, WoW...
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    The players are more mature minded atleast on the RP server

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.