Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Square Enix Launches Another Final Fantasy XIV Free Login Campaign - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageSquare Enix Launches Another Final Fantasy XIV Free Login Campaign - MMORPG.com

From now through December 23rd, former registered players can make a return to Final Fantasy XIV for up to 96 hours during the free login campaign. The clock starts ticking on the first login, but allows players up to four free days of game time in order to check out all of the new additions and improvements to the game since the last time they played.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    edited November 2018
    imageWow a whole 4 days
    JeffSpicolivelimiriusWaansausagemixAlexander.B
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2018
    FFXI currently has one going on unlimited access (started on the 9th) until the 20th of Nov. There's also a discount campaign as well with the complete game for 10$ (30 day sub time included) and 50% off server transfers (Asura is the most active English speaking server).
    gervaise1
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403

Albatroes said:

FFXI currently has one going on unlimited access (started on the 9th) until the 20th of Nov. There's also a discount campaign as well with the complete game for 10$ (30 day sub time included) and 50% off server transfers (Asura is the most active English speaking server).

Yeah it amazing when I do /search all on Asura and see 2900+ people online it's almost like back in the days but again most are probably the free logins.
    Buschkatze
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    edited November 2018

Tiller said:

imageWow a whole 4 days

on the last free login i was able to gear up a bit to finish the MSQ ;) , going to do that once i have some free time! :D was unable to do anything but MSQ , tried eureka for 2h mehhhhhhhh , and the new tower dungeon , cool but only went up to 40th floor or so
  • omegaflareomegaflare Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Ummmm... I am unable to login. Why? I played FFXIV for several years....... :\

• Panserbjorne39Panserbjorne39 Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Play Final Cutscene Online! In between hour long scenes, you can maybe get in a quest or two.
    Scellow
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Both have some positives but i'd still choose FFXI over FXIV.

People really should at least try FFXI first,you'll see a whole different game for your character and systems than any other mmorpg.Even if you decide it's not your thing,you prefer linear questing,you would at least have seen something different and in more depth.

They have the idea similar to dailies but you are not limited,the book keeps going and actually raises xp the longer you kill in that area.

Both have sub jobs but imo FFXI is better at it,you don't have to wait as long to have more versatility.Crafting is way slower and perhaps more frustrating and costly than FFXIV,that area FFXIV did improve on.

Biggest thing FFXI over all....Bosses all over the world,you don't have to go into instances to find Bosses.

As someone mentioned,10 bucks whole game plus a month,that is a bargain to see the only game similar to EQ1 but imo way better.

IMO FFXI only has a few flaws,the most notable are drops and currency,both are stingy ,hard to come by.
    BuschkatzeDeadSpock

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Wizardry said:

People really should at least try FFXI first,you'll see a whole different game for your character and systems than any other mmorpg.Even if you decide it's not your thing,you prefer linear questing,you would at least have seen something different and in more depth.

They have the idea similar to dailies but you are not limited,the book keeps going and actually raises xp the longer you kill in that area.

Both have sub jobs but imo FFXI is better at it,you don't have to wait as long to have more versatility.Crafting is way slower and perhaps more frustrating and costly than FFXIV,that area FFXIV did improve on.

Biggest thing FFXI over all....Bosses all over the world,you don't have to go into instances to find Bosses.

As someone mentioned,10 bucks whole game plus a month,that is a bargain to see the only game similar to EQ1 but imo way better.

IMO FFXI only has a few flaws,the most notable are drops and currency,both are stingy ,hard to come by.
    I heard that game is unforgiving for new players to get into these days, empty starter zones, no help from veteran players. In that sense it may very well be like EQ games because that's one of the reasons I quite playing EQ2 so long ago, no one wanted to group up for older content because there was nothing in it for them. For some older MMOs such as ffXI if you are new to the game it's just pointless to try and jump in that late.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Tiller said:
    Wizardry said:

I heard that game is unforgiving for new players to get into these days, empty starter zones, no help from veteran players. In that sense it may very well be like EQ games because that's one of the reasons I quite playing EQ2 so long ago, no one wanted to group up for older content because there was nothing in it for them. For some older MMOs such as ffXI if you are new to the game it's just pointless to try and jump in that late.
    Not really as now you have NPC trusts that you party with so you pretty much can solo everything but endgame but even endgame if you have decent gear and master you can solo like 90% of it. That being said the game is old and UI is not of new players to the game liking and even me as a 15 year vet of the game still have a browser open to find how to do things. It's not your normal casual find ! or ? NPC and there is no tracker showing you where to go your only way to get things done is by checking online on bgwiki or ffxiwiki or google videos. FFXI has a very complex system and a lot of depth which FFXIV or any other game lack. Takes long and hard work to get certain things done but feel very rewarding been playing it for 15 years no other game proved worth it for me to play for more then few months.