Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo Immortal Trolling Taken to New Heights by Domino's Pizza Malaysia - MMORPG.com

13»

Comments

• BossChonoBossChono Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Damn I like Dominoes Pizza. then again I go to their flagship store literally 2 miles from the world headquarters so I assume it's a little better since the bigwigs stop in all the time.  Also helps that my good buddy runs the place and always hooks me up lol.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    thunderC said:

MSG can actually be a problem in high enough amounts though, especially for the elderly. My grandparents have had heart episodes after eating at MSG heavy Chinese buffets.
    This honestly sounds like a episode of Seinfeld , No disrespect to your grandparents and I hope they are doing fine but does anyone else remember Jerry visiting his parents in Florida and this happening ?

FYI Eating Chinese food in general can often mimic or cause signs of angina , Its really garbage food but o so tasty. TBH the Sodium & fat in a serving of General Tso's chicken is what you need to worry about not the MSG
    If it were an episode of Seinfeld, it would be boring borderline non-sequitor pretending to be comedy. 

And yeah, they're fine now. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    thunderC said:

MSG can actually be a problem in high enough amounts though, especially for the elderly. My grandparents have had heart episodes after eating at MSG heavy Chinese buffets.
    This honestly sounds like a episode of Seinfeld , No disrespect to your grandparents and I hope they are doing fine but does anyone else remember Jerry visiting his parents in Florida and this happening ?

FYI Eating Chinese food in general can often mimic or cause signs of angina , Its really garbage food but o so tasty. TBH the Sodium & fat in a serving of General Tso's chicken is what you need to worry about not the MSG

Yeah, but sodium and fat are too easy to understand to be scary.  You just say three random letters, that's extra scary because folks don't know what the letters even stand for!
    MrMelGibson

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Blizzard seems to step from one scandal right into another lately, as if it wasn't enough with the Diablo:immortal misstep, Blizzard are now selling plushies to support code.org which is a dubious organisation at best, and judging from their web presence could be accused of being mysandrist at the very least. What is going wrong at Blizzard these days?
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Gaming companies are just heading towards the money. Mobile games make money unfortunately. I think this is a step back for the gaming world, but we cannot blame companies for trying to make a buck. Guys and Gals hate to say it but perhaps were being phased out. Are opinions soon won't matter once they finish phasing us out. Were the last holdouts maybe and we will never embrace the direction gaming is headed.
    MrMelGibson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    thunderC said:
    Ironic, Dominos Pizza is the mobile game version of actual Pizza.

P.S. Chicago Deep dish is not the best pizza. Fools eat that pizza with a fork which is blaspheme in itself. NY style pizza, is so much better it made me tell the Lou Malnati's owner to his face... in Chicago.  :D
    Chicago deep dish epitomizes the Americanization of foreign food items: extremely large portions, extremely cheesy and greasy, full of MSG.

It's damn near patriotic to eat one.
    Worrying about MSG is like so so 90's ....Gawd .... Its all about the GMO's and Fluoride now......

Fluoridation is a commie plot

ceratop001MrMelGibson
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Iselin said:
    thunderC said:
    Ironic, Dominos Pizza is the mobile game version of actual Pizza.

P.S. Chicago Deep dish is not the best pizza. Fools eat that pizza with a fork which is blaspheme in itself. NY style pizza, is so much better it made me tell the Lou Malnati's owner to his face... in Chicago.  :D
    Chicago deep dish epitomizes the Americanization of foreign food items: extremely large portions, extremely cheesy and greasy, full of MSG.

It's damn near patriotic to eat one.
    Worrying about MSG is like so so 90's ....Gawd .... Its all about the GMO's and Fluoride now......

Fluoridation is a commie plot

It's turning the frogs gay!
    [Deleted User]MrMelGibson
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Gaming companies are just heading towards the money. Mobile games make money unfortunately. I think this is a step back for the gaming world, but we cannot blame companies for trying to make a buck. Guys and Gals hate to say it but perhaps were being phased out. Are opinions soon won't matter once they finish phasing us out. Were the last holdouts maybe and we will never embrace the direction gaming is headed.
    The PC and console markets have only shrank as a percentage of overall gaming market, not in true dollars earned.  PC and console gaming isn't being phased out; Sony has already confirmed PS5 and we just saw Nvidia launch a new line focused on ray-tracing specifically targetted at PC gamers.

It just seems like it when you look at it compared to the emerging mobile market.
    ceratop001MrMelGibson

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Give it 5 Years and they'll do this shit to WoW. Every Blizzard game's future.

At least Path of Exile is poking fun at the whole situation with their new league.

My favorite part is Net Ease released this photo as a form of Marketing.
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Aeander said:

Kyleran said:

Gotta find that Chicago style pizzeria in your area.  Not only is it the best pizza, a pie weighs in at the same size as a toddler.  You get to eat pizza for like two weeks straight with one of those bad boys.

Nonsense, thin NY style pizza is the way to go, after all this is the lower carb era.

;)

I'm firmly in the NY style crowd because I prefer the taste of thin crust pizza.

I think when it comes to pizza the NY is better because they really put the effort to make the pizza taste delicious. The Chicago one is very big will make your stomach full, but it taste like eating a brick, it's only good when you are starving 3-4 days without food.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    You know you've messed up bad when Dominos of all companies is trying to insult you....
    MrMelGibson
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

gervaise1 said:

Imagine if Blizzard had announced WoW Mobile as the next "expansion".

If Blizzard announced that people could do their world quests via mobile app, you would've heard so many cheers (unfortunately, I wouldn't know if that's good or bad given how much people hate them).
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    edited November 2018

SBFord said:

@Xingbairong I think that loyalty really IS the key! With literally thousands of mobile games launching every month, it's pretty easy to be mercurial and ready to move on to the "next big thing". PC players are less so in general with fewer choices available at any given time.

I also wonder what the demographics of the mobile market are like... as in most of the 'mobile gamers' I know are middle aged females that play word and puzzle type games. Admittedly not a large sample size, and I'm sure it differs globally, however when someone says 'the mobile market is huge' I can't help but reply 'yes, but how big is the mobile {insert game type here} market'?

And, in my experience, it does matter… As a ‘core gamer’ I am much more likely to play a card game, puzzle game, or even a turn-based RPG on mobile, as the touch controls generally work well for those game types. Action games are a different beast though, and I would describe even the best of them as 'sub-par', mostly due to the controls; Diablo Immortal (from the previews) isn't looking to fix that.

There is also market saturation to consider... one look at the Android App Store and you'll find no less than dozens of mobile 'RPGs' (read: stat grinders) with 'action' (read: real-time) combat, so the question remains, how does Diablo Immortal plan to stand out to the hardcore mobile crowd*?

Monetisation could be one area for Diablo Immortal to stand out... but this is the same company that thought the RMAH was a good idea when Diablo 3 launched, and again looking at the App Store, new games tend to only get one chance** before they are buried under the latest release of re-skins and / or low user ratings (which is another risk considering the current ire of the core fan base).

* I'm assuming most gamers familiar with Diablo on PC would much prefer to keep playing Diablo 3, or even Path of Exile or Grim Dawn, compared to a mobile game simply because it has a 'Diablo' name and skin.

** As opposed to PC / console, where hard core fans tend to hang around longer for ‘fixes’, and games can even be ‘re-born’ given a significant enough update.

TLDR; Yes, the mobile market is big, and potentially quite profitable, but that in itself is no guarantee that Diablo Immortal will be a success, especially long term (as Diablo 2 and 3 are), and if it's really just the low effort re-skin it looks like then its chances are not good.
    Post edited by acidblood on
  • MowzerMowzer Member UncommonPosts: 78

mobile game is the fastest growing gaming industry, it blows pc revenue by a mile. It's only natural blizzard want the big piece of the pie. They probably sacrifice the pc player if it let the money flow faster.

No doubt, but it would take an intern an afternoon to make it work on a webpage. I dont play games on my phone, never have, never will, but if they put it on a web site, I too would join in.
    Theres no logical reason they wouldnt open it up on the www.
  • BitSaneBitSane Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Did anyone say pizza?

TacticalZombehMrMelGibson
    edited November 2018
    edited November 2018
    edited November 2018
    edited November 2018
  • axulthrullaxulthrull Member UncommonPosts: 42

mobile game is the fastest growing gaming industry, it blows pc revenue by a mile. It's only natural blizzard want the big piece of the pie. They probably sacrifice the pc player if it let the money flow faster.

There is no probably.
    They did sacrifice pc for mobile.