Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Devs Send Out a Big Thanks & a Tease About What's Next

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFallout 76 Devs Send Out a Big Thanks & a Tease About What's Next

With the launch of Fallout 76 mere days from now, the team is on record to thank its community and its B.E.T.A. testers for their input and support. In addition, readers get a tiny peek at what lies ahead post-launch. "We have an incredible list of updates we've begun work on," the letter begins.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    If I were them. I would release this in Few months. There is no chance they will fix all the bugs before release.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    After testing this and watching the Dev progression I think better names suited for this game should have been:

Failout 76
    MoneyGrab 76

Here is why:
    Cuppett5gastovski1JeffSpicoliTheScavenger

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    I played the game and enjoy it for what it is. I don't find the game bad like the click bait for views youtubers. 
    Kylerangastovski1JeffSpicoliNordicApachejimmywolf[Deleted User]Existentialist

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Still waiting for that refund.
    gastovski1JeffSpicolialkarionlogTheScavenger

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• Cuppett5Cuppett5 Member UncommonPosts: 156
    edited November 2018
    I enjoyed the beta and can't wait for release. More and more updates will make this game better and all of you will buy it and have to catch up since you hate it so much now. Good day!
    Kylerangastovski1alkarionlogNordicApacheTheScavengerjimmywolf
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    i didn't watch some dumb video, i played it, and i liked it.

so maybe next time you wanna REALLY know if a game is good, try to get those 5€ and buy the pre order
    Kylerangastovski1Cuppett5alkarionlogNordicApacheAlpiusjimmywolf

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2018
    Mensur said:
    If I were them. I would release this in Few months. There is no chance they will fix all the bugs before release.
    This is Bethesda, they never promised to fix them before release (or if ever) and most gamers (should) know this is their typical M.O.

TacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I certainly have interest in playing 76 and will but my plate is full that i can wait , let it go thru its launch hiccups .. get fixed up a bit, then jump in ..  Im having fun in NV now anyhow
    Kyleran
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    With launch still going as planned with VERY little time in between to actually do anything with the BETA,it's says NO that was not a BETA and NO your not listening or RESPONDING to fans.
    It makes for good PR..press though when you say thanks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    Fallout 76 is an unfinished piece of garbage and even if everything was fixed its a empty boring game and we know there will be 6 dlc`s they will ask top dollar for each dlc the only thing that works perfectly is the cash shop!
    gastovski1AeanderKyleran
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Kyleran said:
    Mensur said:
    This is Bethesda, they never promised to fix them before release (or if ever) and most gamers (should) know this is their typical M.O.
    That doesn't make it good. Bethesda is being given a free pass on shoddy products/lack of QA that the rest of the industry would be burned at the stake for. Standards should be applied evenly or not at all.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    So iv made the decision to pass on this one. Not because of the bugs either , I'm the type of person who loves early access games (not that this is), Id rather play something early and deal with bugs than wait a year for a perfect game so this game being a buggy mess doesn't effect my decision to buy.

Here is why I'm passing

1. Its not on Steam, I like all my games in one place, If the game isn't a must buy (which this is not) Im not buying.

2. As iv said many times before this looks like Fallout 4 minus all the cool shit, I love V.A.T.S

3. The idea of playing with others does not enrich my fallout experience, TBH Bethesda games for me have always been about the rewarding single player experience.

4. I want my NPC's back.

5. Not crazy about the setting, yes the graphics are gorgeous but im getting a more wilderness survival vibe with radiated mutants, I want Fallout 3/4 1950's Americana, Its what made me fall in love with the series.

6. Iv just got to many other good games to play, Whats the point of adding another title that I wouldn't be able to invest time into.
    Kyleranjimmywolf
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• RenantonRenanton Member UncommonPosts: 26
    edited November 2018
    This game is the first game to make me lose track of time while Ive played it in a long long time. This hasnt happened to me in a long long time and thats why I play games. How bout you?
    jimmywolf
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Night....meet Day. Such wildly varying opinions...

Raquis said:
    Fallout 76 is an unfinished piece of garbage and even if everything was fixed its a empty boring game and we know there will be 6 dlc`s they will ask top dollar for each dlc the only thing that works perfectly is the cash shop!
    Renanton said:
    This game is the first game to make me lose track of time while Ive played it in a long long time. This hasnt happened to me in a long long time and thats why I play games. How bout you?

[Deleted User]jimmywolf

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Kyleran said:
    Night....meet Day. Such wildly varying opinions...

Raquis said:
    Renanton said:

This was the best meal ever!
    Bah... I could barely choke it down!

Kyleran[Deleted User][Deleted User]

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• jimmywolfjimmywolf Member UncommonPosts: 292
    i posted my thoughts awhile back about my opinion when it was first announced and they were  showing early gameplay, i felt an still do that they just wanted to copy GTA online and those shark cards.

they saw how successful GTA Online was and said we can do the same, only slightly better and make more money. how many MMO like games exist with guns and nukes? so to them it was easy choice.

am sure their be a million or so people who enjoy this look how many years CoD keeps selling or any of the other shooters, some even were praised as GoTY material.

enjoy it all you want, find depth in the pond all you want, it still a shallow game that your paying  AAA full price for. some people don't need much to be happy and that the market they want to sell to, it's also why developers are trying to jump to mobile, they have very low standards for what good games are their so it's easy money. 

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    edited November 2018
    This video sums up the game pretty well..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZM18ZK9mOY

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I watched the videos linked in this thread. They are not rants they are quite interesting and give valuable insights.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ExistentialistExistentialist Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Played to Level 20 so far, and taking a long and very windy road.

Loved the CAMP, closest thing to UO housing I've experienced in a multiplayer game.
    The exploration is of course fun, sneaking through some building, hearing footsteps and Gollum like voices threatening you, great fun. Very satisfying when you come out on top.

I get a bit of a Secret World vibe from this game, but also the Skyrim exploration.

Going to take my time, play it as solo as possible but group at certain events, and live in the moment. Got my money's worth already.