Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Legendary Servers Reignite A Legendary Community - MMORPG.com

Comments

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    lahnmir said:
    Two things I am really missing in this whole discussion about the Cash Shop is that a. You get currency to use in the shop by subbing, and b. You earn currency to use in the shop by playing.

Need an example about fairness? By just subbing for 6 months you get 3000 points, the latest expansion is 29something. So, sub for 6 months and get the latest expansion for free, pretty sweet deal right?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    I am with you I don't understand their obsession over the cash shop.  Like you said sub get points, play the game get points.  They also claim the store is plastered all over the place.  My loading screen is about 3-5 seconds oh the horror.  I completed a deed one of the three or four notifications is notifying me I got some lotro points, I can either click on the store icon or THE X next to it again this process took about 1 second.  
    McGamerDaRedHawk
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    The wife and I are having a blast. Lotro is her all time fav so she is really motivated to play it.
    [Deleted User]Gobstopper3DGeezerGaz82
  • DeadSpockDeadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 403
    I don't care about how much cash shop influences the game or not just remove it since it's a sub server and I'll be in it. Not subbing to it as long as there is cash shop.
    SensaiMcGamermmolou
  • KeushpuppyKeushpuppy Member UncommonPosts: 171

gervaise1 said:

any way to recover an old lifetime account?

Old Turbine lifetime accounts are still valid. If it was a Codemaster account and you didn't action a transfer in the transfer window (12 months was it) then that will, I'm pretty sure, have been lost. 

Assuming its an old Turbine one  if you can remember any details first try:  https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php  (Yes I know it says Turbine in the link!)

And if not account support is at: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

There are posts about people who have recovered their accounts - depending presumably on supplying enough details.

Dont have any of the old info but i do have the originall disks and producut key
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Come back home everyone. Were waiting for you.
    McGamer

• DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    What Lotro really needed was faction based open world pvp servers. Such a nice world for it's time anyway, and really still pretty decent today... So many places to hide your orc horde and ambush the wannabe Aragorns and Frodos.
    McGamer
  • SevenwindSevenwind Member UncommonPosts: 2,188
    Having a good time except for the dots. It's like certain death and if you're going for the titles for not doing good luck. Maybe you're better than I am. I'm not starting over just for that title. :smile:

.. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

--------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

• azarhalazarhal Member RarePosts: 1,402

Sevenwind said:

Having a good time except for the dots. It's like certain death and if you're going for the titles for not doing good luck. Maybe you're better than I am. I'm not starting over just for that title. :smile:

Undying title has value again!
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member RarePosts: 1,081
    Mayhewi said:
    It's a great game but it won't matter how good it might be if it costs 15 $/month with a cash shop. I won't touch it because thats just wrong. Or lets say there can be a cash shop if it's purely cosmetic but this one isn't.

The MMO's nowadays.. I guess they don't profit enough if you make them equal to everyone. If this was only sub I'd be all over it. Don't know how many others feel the same way but I'm guessing theres a lot.
    Been a queue for five days now.  The game is doing great.  Day five I have yet to touch the shop.  What is with this weird obsession some of you have over these cash shops I seriously dont get it.  Lotro cash shop is one of the better ones out there if people want to support the game by using it how is that bad? 
    Having a queue is not really indicative of massive appeal if the server capacity is low.

Just saying.
    McGamer
  • reillanreillan Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Do not buy a universal toolkit. You get Hobbit gifts daily and bigger one once a week, and universal toolkit is one of the more common prizes from it. On prime, I have more of the suckers than I could ever use
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    I was interested in this new server, but not when it was made clear the P2W cash shop is still accessible to those on the new server. Forget it, SSG can just fade away for all I care now. I will wait for the next version of LotR mmo in development.
    mmolouKayo83
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Anyone know if these new servers have shredded the population on the main servers? I'm having a break from the game at the moment but I'd hate for these servers to ruin the main game.

I suppose they could improve main server population if they pull enough back to the game and they get fed up of waiting for content releases.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2018
    Rhoklaw said:
    No, I meant, there's no more crafting progression quests. You used to have to go out and complete a quest to progress to the next tier. Not anymore.
    New servers have the same game as the originals, and those quests were removed maybe a year after the f2p switch (so somewhere around 2011 I believe).
    I miss them too, the first time I decided to roll a character for each profession was because I wanted to see their quests... :smile:

The removal was part of the first streamlining project, those quests were there to slow crafting advancement and hinder the method of one simply "grind/craft" his way to the top without even leaving the crafting hall.
    Also those quests somewhat tied the crafting tiers to the character level, for example switching to artisan from expert required a level 40ish quest, while in the current setup you can be artisan at level 10 if you can get the materials from a friend or the AH.
    reillan said:
    Do not buy a universal toolkit. You get Hobbit gifts daily and bigger one once a week, and universal toolkit is one of the more common prizes from it. On prime, I have more of the suckers than I could ever use
    That's only partly correct, the toolkit's drop rate is kind of "fishy", and on top there's the RNG as well. I believe it was even tested by someone on several fresh f2p accounts in the past. A first toolkit drop from the Hobbit spin is fairly common, but then the second and beyond has a really low droprate.

Of course you only need one, as the article said you can rotate it around your several crafters... so I'd agree on don't buy the universal kit right away, wait for a few days while spinning the hobbit slotmachine. And even if no luck, you can ask for a crafting kit from a fellow metalsmith.
    [Deleted User]
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Sevenwind said:

It's a confirmed bug. That's what happens when a dev that doesn't know the code start messing with mob balance, turning some knobs straight on live servers and then crosses fingers as to what will happen. LOL! /shrug

Let's see how long it will take this time to fix their mess up, since it's not just some random DoT's that are broken... it broke some other mobs in higher level ranges as well on normal live servers.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Viper482 said:

Scot said:

"Daily Hobbit gifts are an RNG reward (loot crate) with a free daily/weekly spin."

Even a great MMORPG like Lotro is going to marred by that sort of money raking.

Ummm....they're free just for logging in that day. Yes you can buy more if you want, but no need.
    The review talks of the huge economic advantage buying these gives, that must be unbalancing for gameplay. Read what they said about it, if you are playing now do tell me how this is wrong...its not like I want their review to be correct.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2018
    Scot said:
    The review talks of the huge economic advantage buying these gives, that must be unbalancing for gameplay.
    Viper's right, mostly. The huge advantage and unbalance is kind of an overstatement, the most the hobbit gifts bring to the economy is inflation (as I think I wrote after the mechanic's arrival to the game).
    Namely it can give randomly a pretty hefty amount of gold/silver compared to the character's actual level and position in the game. Like you are level 10, still in the first zone, have about 50 silver total in the pocket from gameplay, and the slotmachine says to you: welcome to this day's login reward, here take this 600 silver... and the next day slaps 400 more onto it, thanks to the RNG. (that actually happened with me a few years ago on a fresh alt)

But besides the money there's nothing really inbalanced in the drops, especially since most drops are scaled to level, and a lot of the drops aren't even in the drop table before level 50, so not on the legendary server yet.
    The daily reward can give xp boosts, level scaled consumables, and level scaled gear, which is actually pretty decent for the current level, on par with the best available crafted gear.

Of course that's just my take, and it was interesting to read a different viewpoint in the article, like the journeyman trait, I just said a few days ago that it's maybe the least important purchase :smile:  Always nice to see other opinions, I personally don't see the daily hobbit present a big dealbreaking issue, and don't think a veteran would need the journeyman...

For "The right thing to do here would be to disable Hobbit Gifts entirely and make Mithril Coin balance account wide like LP.", I'm fairly sure it won't happen.
    Turbine Points (maiden name of LotRO Points) were account-wide, and also were tied to xsolla. Turbine added MC as an independent microtransaction currency which can be used outside of the cash shop, integrated into most game mechanics. Making it server bound was just an icing on the cake to them, for making it harder to farm and piling up. They will never make it account bound wide...
    gervaise1c0796Scot
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

gervaise1 said:

any way to recover an old lifetime account?

Old Turbine lifetime accounts are still valid. If it was a Codemaster account and you didn't action a transfer in the transfer window (12 months was it) then that will, I'm pretty sure, have been lost. 

Assuming its an old Turbine one  if you can remember any details first try:  https://myaccount.turbine.com/index.php  (Yes I know it says Turbine in the link!)

And if not account support is at: https://help.standingstonegames.com/...s/requests/new

There are posts about people who have recovered their accounts - depending presumably on supplying enough details.

Dont have any of the old info but i do have the originall disks and producut key

Whilst you say you have "none of that" you will have your name and old address I assume. Can you remember what e-mail you had back then - maybe you have had one forever from MS maybe but maybe it was with an ISP.

The disks and key will probably help but remember - from their perspective - you could have picked those up on e.g. EBay - so consider them circumstantial evidence rather than definitive proof. Maybe the key was recorded against a person's account (but maybe not).

They will help out - but don't expect an instant reply. Nothing lost from giving it a try.
    [Deleted User]
    McGamer said:
    I was interested in this new server, but not when it was made clear the P2W cash shop is still accessible to those on the new server. Forget it, SSG can just fade away for all I care now. I will wait for the next version of LotR mmo in development.
    Please explain what is P2W in lotro.  I'll wait.
  • WaanWaan Member UncommonPosts: 105
    I wanted to give it a go yesterday, but damn the installer is so slow.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    You had to play carefully in the beginning if you wanted to that undying achievement.
    You needed to get to lvl 20 without dying, today that's easy but back then at launch it was hard, I had to reroll one time, I died at lvl 19 by falling off a cliff :/
    Was fun back then when everything was little more challenging and there were group quests, so I might try this one out again.
    [Deleted User]Phry
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited November 2018
    double post - delete

Post edited by Nebless on

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835

Anyone know if these new servers have shredded the population on the main servers? I'm having a break from the game at the moment but I'd hate for these servers to ruin the main game.

I suppose they could improve main server population if they pull enough back to the game and they get fed up of waiting for content releases.

I'm on Landy and it doesn't seem like it. Still seeing players that say they play on one of the new one's part of the time and then come back to Landy to play. I've checked out some of the hub spots and still see other players and chat seems to be just as strong as always.

One of the comments that does show up in chat alot is how we're experiencing less lag on Landy since the new servers opened so I'd have to say the pop did drop some.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

edited November 2018
    Torval said:
    Po_gg said:
    Scot said:
    The review talks of the huge economic advantage buying these gives, that must be unbalancing for gameplay.
    Viper's right, mostly. The huge advantage and unbalance is kind of an overstatement, the most the hobbit gifts bring to the economy is inflation (as I think I wrote after the mechanic's arrival to the game).
    Namely it can give randomly a pretty hefty amount of gold/silver compared to the character's actual level and position in the game. Like you are level 10, still in the first zone, have about 50 silver total in the pocket from gameplay, and the slotmachine says to you: welcome to this day's login reward, here take this 600 silver... and the next day slaps 400 more onto it, thanks to the RNG. (that actually happened with me a few years ago on a fresh alt)

But besides the money there's nothing really inbalanced in the drops, especially since most drops are scaled to level, and a lot of the drops aren't even in the drop table before level 50, so not on the legendary server yet.
    The daily reward can give xp boosts, level scaled consumables, and level scaled gear, which is actually pretty decent for the current level, on par with the best available crafted gear.

Of course that's just my take, and it was interesting to read a different viewpoint in the article, like the journeyman trait, I just said a few days ago that it's maybe the least important purchase :smile:  Always nice to see other opinions, I personally don't see the daily hobbit present a big dealbreaking issue, and don't think a veteran would need the journeyman...

For "The right thing to do here would be to disable Hobbit Gifts entirely and make Mithril Coin balance account wide like LP.", I'm fairly sure it won't happen.
    Turbine Points (maiden name of LotRO Points) were account-wide, and also were tied to xsolla. Turbine added MC as an independent microtransaction currency which can be used outside of the cash shop, integrated into most game mechanics. Making it server bound was just an icing on the cake to them, for making it harder to farm and piling up. They will never make it account bound wide...
    Some lifers with a lot of LP dumped a few hundred MC into the hobbit gifts and have a lot of gold and boosts. They're far ahead of everyone else and using that advantage to make more money on the AH.

It's not a game breaking impact, but it is there and noticeable. Spending a lot of money in game on the Legendary servers can still provide a big advantage and that shouldn't be part of this sub-only setup.

One potentially great aspect of this, for SSG, is functioning as an LP drain for older lifetime accounts.
    Do you have any proof of this or just repeating what you read in world chat and the forums? 

Why would a lifer spend all their points on hobbit gifts a week in? They still need to purchase all the xpacs, there will be far more rewarding items available once legendary items drop plus cosmetic items.  Sure they get DLCs but not xpacs.  The truth is They are not wasting all their points on hobbit prizes.  it's not as big of a deal as your attempting to make.  I've leveled up all my crafting by farming mats and buying stuff from the AH.  Sure some idiot has some stuff priced to high but the majority of the items are well within the reach for everyone playing the game.

Let this be a lesson you shouldn't believe everything you read.  
  • kingkaturakingkatura Member UncommonPosts: 1
    So to get things straight.. You believe that free gifts should be taken out, and only p2win stuff should be left in? I haven't played in forever but. If daily hobbit gifts are only for paying players then yes i would agree. If they are not, Then you have it bass backwards and should take your hat off your tookess and place it back on your head.. As is the game is locked behind a pretty big paywall as it is. I am a Hardcore gamer not a writer who works on a editorial so our views probably differ because i actually play games. But p2w features always spell out big shte... (bnotice how i had to spell out pay to win the first time in case you had no clue what p2w stood for? :p )
  • ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    I shall craft gear and protect the shire with my life.
    [Deleted User]