Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on the Legendary Server

RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
Hello all, So my question may seem like an obvisous one but I just do not have any information on this one issue...

I own the base game and the Moria expansion, I have subbed for a bit in the past (unlocked some content through the shop as well)

But my question is about the the structure of this new server. I understand that one must be a VIP to log onto the server but is that the only barrier to entry, as in if I do not have a certain content pack unlocked through the store do I have to unlock it on this server as well or is the legendary server open content wise and just locked behind the 15 a month pay wall?

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    The subscription opens up all the content (except the expansions) until it lasts. Since for these servers you are always subbed, content-wise you have access to everything - yet.
    We don't know for certain what will happen when the goalpost will move in a few months, I assume for you, a Moria owner it will be open and available.
  • RageaholRageahol Member UncommonPosts: 1,127
    Thank you so much, I am becoming a VIP right now, its weird how I could not for the life of me find this info. This make the barrier to entry so much easier for me for the legendary server ( I get that this is personal but also the shop is little odd to navigate and the content restriction is just weird on the main live servers for vip, but i understand they need to make money and such)

Thanks again

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited November 2018
    Yep, in a nutshell if you subscribe the game works just as it did before the f2p switch: you have access to everything, and you only have to buy the expansions above that.

What the store has for subscribers are (besides the expansions) only added convenience beyond what the game already had prior to the switch, like more character slots, more inventory, more milestones, more... technically you can get more in everything for money :smiley:

But none of those are needed if you are a subscriber, and for the content (the missing expansions) they have packs and sales. The Quad Pack is sometimes for as low as $10, and if the server advancement will keep its planned pace, with the Quad Pack (and the mandatory sub) you will have all the content unlocked for 1.5 years... till the server reaches Helm's Deep.
    That's maybe the least popular expansion (big battles, brrr....) so if you skip on that, after HD there were no expansions till Mordor, and the subscription will cover you for at least a year more, with the 4-months advancements, all through Gondor.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    edited November 2018
    Couldn't find the list I used, but here's some info I pulled off the official forums.   These are the area's you can access with a Subscription:

"Here's a little bit of a break-down on what the non-expansion areas are. You will have unlimited access to these zones while you have an active VIP subscription:
    Eriador
    • North Downs
    • Evendim
    • Forochel
    • Trollshaws
    • Angmar
    • Eregion
    • Enedwaith
    • Misty Mountains
    Lothlorien
    Great River
    Wildermore
    Gondor and the Wastes"

So you'll have the Eriador regions at the start and in 8 months after you're done with Moria, the others will start showing up in the order they were released.

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter