Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a game for someone who hasn't played consoles since ps2 was a thing?

hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
so i bought an xbox one x today because i kinda feel like i want to play some  stuff on a big screen for a change. and since mmo's (current ones/and in the making) doesn't seem to appeal to me much lately. i thought i'd give some console gaming a try. but boy does it feel awkward trying to use a controller after such a long time.

so i was thinking there might be a game that may help me out getting used to the controls. tried the division since i got some game pass thing and i didn't have to pay for it but the only thing i managed to kill was my own character :P .

any advice would be nice.
thanks.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

[Deleted User]Mikeha

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    so i bought an xbox one x today because i kinda feel like i want to play some  stuff on a big screen for a change. and since mmo's (current ones/and in the making) doesn't seem to appeal to me much lately. i thought i'd give some console gaming a try. but boy does it feel awkward trying to use a controller after such a long time.

so i was thinking there might be a game that may help me out getting used to the controls. tried the division since i got some game pass thing and i didn't have to pay for it but the only thing i managed to kill was my own character :P .

any advice would be nice.
    thanks.
    I would say refresh with the familiar PS2 is still a thing .. very active pop .. right now
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Start off by downloading Halo The Master Chief Collection and start with the original Halo Combat Evolved and play through them all. All of them have been 4K Enhanced for Xbox One X.

Other games to try from Game Pass,

Quantum Break

Ryse Son Of Rome

Sea Of Thieves

For Honor

Rise Of The Tomb Raider

State Of Decay 2

Also Microsoft will be hosting their XO Gaming Event today where they are going to be showing off alot of new games. :)

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    thanks guys i'll look into these. well atleast the sci-fi oriented ones since that's what i really like :)

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2018
    Try Deus Ex Human Revolution if you haven't yet you dont always have to go guns blazing to finish missions or you can if you want to that will give you time to get used to the controller.

Would also Recommend Just Cause 3 and Far Cry 3,4 and 5. 

Also try Metal Gear Solid V both Ground Zero (which is a prologue) and the main game.
    hallucigenocide
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    16 more games added to Game Pass :o

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited November 2018
    So MGS V: Ground Zeros is on games pass but the main game isn't which I guess will get you a free demo for the main game at least.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited November 2018
    so i noticed that they're adding mouse + keyboard support to the xbox one. that sounds great to me.. you think it'll catch on and lots of game will add it?

• URLooKINatGLORYURLooKINatGLORY Member UncommonPosts: 13
    yeah they are adding support and i think they have an official list of games that will support it somewhere