Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen: Around the Verse - Pillar Talk - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageStar Citizen: Around the Verse - Pillar Talk - MMORPG.com

It's Friday and you know what that means: It's Star Citizen Around the Verse time and a wrap up of the week's activities. It is described by the team like this: "Breaking news about upcoming releases and an inside look at cloud tech development in this week's update."

Read the full story here

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    That is simulated "interstellar clouds", not cloud computing tech.

And the countdown to 200 M$ crowdfunding is ticking down quite fast.

Have fun
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Erillion said:

That is simulated "interstellar clouds", not cloud computing tech.

And the countdown to 200 M$ crowdfunding is ticking down quite fast.

Have fun

yup keep highlighting the money they have (allegedly) raised because its really the only positive spin people can put on this project. 85% of your fanboy comments have some sort of mention of the money they have been given (allegedly) but not much in the way of how well its being spent. Beyond an occasional 'they employ a lot of people' comment. Which is great for those people but not so great for people expecting the release of a game sometime soon.
    BabuinixDarkpigeon
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited November 2018
    New patch going live with vastly improved performance, new ships, ship buying with ingame credits, new quests, guns and armour.

Gear up citizens!

Oh and another update will go totthe evocatis with the whole planet Hurston to explore several biomes along with the main city location.
    ErillionDarkpigeon
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 302
    I cannot wait!
  • VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    There is no incentive to work on the game as hard as they do on new ships to sell. This is why I have lost faith in this project.
    Babuinixgastovski1RhimeJoeBlober
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    edited November 2018
    Vasel said:
    There is no incentive to work on the game as hard as they do on new ships to sell. This is why I have lost faith in this project.
    Yeah that's why they dedicated this ATV segment to ships, ah wait it was cloud tech  :D

Just look at all that low effort put into things that aren't ships... 

Post edited by Babuinix on
    ErillionVoidfarerRhimeDarkpigeontweedledumb99JoeBlober
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    edited November 2018
    rodarin said:

yup keep highlighting the money  *** snip ***
    You cannot imagine why a community of crowdfunding backers is proud to be about to reach a never before achieved world record in crowdfunding (any genre, not only games) ?

You cannot imagine that - despite all your concerns w.r.t. the project - there may be a reason (or two) why so many people over such a  long time supported a project so much that this goal can be reached ?

A LOT of other things have been highlighted by the backers. Even THIS homepage is full with it. The thread about crowdfunding milestones is just one of hundreds in the SC sub-forum. There are tenthousands of SC videos worldwide. Millions of forum entries worldwide. Hundredthousands of SC pictures. A selection of them have been posted by fans here in the SC sub-forum.

The video shown by the OP highlights ANOTHER aspect of Star Citizen. A technical aspect. For some it may be a minor aspect, of little concern to the overall project. But for many backers this attention to detail is one of the reasons why they support this project.

Have fun

JoeBloberVoidfarer
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283

Babuinix said:

Vasel said:

Yeah that's why they dedicated this ATV segment to ships, ah wait it was cloud tech  :D

Just look at all that low effort put into things that aren't ships... 

Great points! There's no convincing idiots who don't know shit about shit.
    Darkpigeonjmlane223Voidfarer
  • jmlane223jmlane223 Member UncommonPosts: 197
    I love reading comments about this money grab of a game, never gets old
    [Deleted User]
  • tweedledumb99tweedledumb99 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    jmlane223 said:
    I love reading comments about this money grab of a game, never gets old
    I ate your entire sandwich, human.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 585

Vasel said:

Except there is a game in heavy development because of funds raised. Money is based on ships sale till release... What a surprise, a Scace game having many ships. Chocking :)
    Voidfarer
    Erillion said:
    rodarin said:

You cannot imagine why a community of crowdfunding backers is proud to be about to reach a never before achieved world record in crowdfunding (any genre, not only games) ?

You cannot imagine that - despite all your concerns w.r.t. the project - there may be a reason (or two) why so many people over such a  long time supported a project so much that this goal can be reached ?

A LOT of other things have been highlighted by the backers. Even THIS homepage is full with it. The thread about crowdfunding milestones is just one of hundreds in the SC sub-forum. There are tenthousands of SC videos worldwide. Millions of forum entries worldwide. Hundredthousands of SC pictures. A selection of them have been posted by fans here in the SC sub-forum.

The video shown by the OP highlights ANOTHER aspect of Star Citizen. A technical aspect. For some it may be a minor aspect, of little concern to the overall project. But for many backers this attention to detail is one of the reasons why they support this project.

Have fun

The greatest irony to all this is they wouldnt have had to (allegedly) break a milestone like this had they released a game 3 or 4 years ago when they claimed they would. As it is thyre likely apt to (need to) (allegedly) raise twice or more what they already have to release anything.

So when youre crowing about 500 million crowd funding in 2022 and SQ 42 still isnt out and theyre on tech demo version 6.1650978693 what then? Still going to keep up with the 'its ready when its ready and it will cost what it costs?' nonsense?

Of course by then all this 'groundbreaking' technological advancements will be older than what mobile games will be offering by then....
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    edited November 2018
    I think my only question for this Science Fiction Magnum opus is that when this Symphony might actually be finished. This is in no way a slight on the endeavors or machinations of the team and dream behind it all, but a poll on when seriously it will be ready to play would be fantastic and then we can all enjoy the spawning of the many Youtube channels with expert play analysis and opinions regarding the lore and dance toward future expansions and future races.

I was born in 1970 and would also love to know how old Erillion is .... I am also a Leo so I totally understand the Eril the Lion thing ... but if there is a chap that deserves a Victoria Cross for intellectual perseverance without displaying even a minor shadow of doubt, a hint of raised eyebrow or negative of question .... it is he. This is also not a criticism but tongue in cheek flattery and also so very very true.
    renstaOctagon7711Erillion
  • fullrock444fullrock444 Member CommonPosts: 9
    Dead before birth....
    Scam
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Bukkerz said:
    I think my only question for this Science Fiction Magnum opus is that when this Symphony might actually be finished. This is in no way a slight on the endeavors or machinations of the team and dream behind it all, but a poll on when seriously it will be ready to play would be fantastic and then we can all enjoy the spawning of the many Youtube channels with expert play analysis and opinions regarding the lore and dance toward future expansions and future races.

I was born in 1970 and would also love to know how old Erillion is .... I am also a Leo so I totally understand the Eril the Lion thing ... but if there is a chap that deserves a Victoria Cross for intellectual perseverance without displaying even a minor shadow of doubt, a hint of raised eyebrow or negative of question .... it is he. This is also not a criticism but tongue in cheek flattery and also so very very true.
    Erillion is a Paladin who serves a mad king.....

Sorta like being an architectural supervisor for King Ludwig.
    Erillion

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    We were joking about release in 2020, i hope for their brainwashed backers, they at least get to beta. ..

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    They are going to proudly show off the title "longest mmorpg in development title" which they will receive pretty soon.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I will stick with No Mans sky....Plenty to do and no $800 ships.

rodarin said:

Erillion said:

rodarin said:

The greatest irony to all this is they wouldnt have had to (allegedly) break a milestone like this had they released a game 3 or 4 years ago when they claimed they would. As it is thyre likely apt to (need to) (allegedly) raise twice or more what they already have to release anything.

So when youre crowing about 500 million crowd funding in 2022 and SQ 42 still isnt out and theyre on tech demo version 6.1650978693 what then? Still going to keep up with the 'its ready when its ready and it will cost what it costs?' nonsense?

Of course by then all this 'groundbreaking' technological advancements will be older than what mobile games will be offering by then....

So much obfuscation.... scope change mid-2014 with backers approval and supported consistently by around +30M$ per year. Why asking for 2014 release when it is not anymore true since ... 2014? :) And this '500M$ in 2022.
    Haters hate and you are not the smartest one by far :)

I will stick with No Mans sky....Plenty to do and no $800 ships.

Not either in SC. Starter package is same or lower than NMS and you do not need to spend an extra dollar.
    NMW is discounted from time to time, as low as 20$... Despite being a space game player (ED and SC early backer) I don't plan to ever buy NMS... because gameplay and overall game look. Fine if you find your precious, enjoy it no problem. SC may interest you when at Beta or release. There is no winner just different games for different players.
    Erillion
    edited November 2018

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Backer approval didn't mean squat, and everyone knows it.   Scope change in 2014.  2015. 2016. Etc.   See the pattern?

All hail the mad emperor and his wonderful new clothes....

I will say this Mrmoon (a fairly large streamer) was talking about Star Citizen Yesterday. I have an idea some people got to him at Twitchcon and offered to pay him to do some things with SC.

Wouldnt be the first time he sold out to a bunch of trash. He was a DayZ drone for a couple years, who knows how much they paid him to play that garbage every night and sit on panels at conventions talking about how great it was. Miscreated as well. He still has a hand in that one from time to time (I suspect only when the checks clear). Of course Reign of Kings might be the worst and most obvious one. They even did a 'special' event type thing a few months ago and he basically trashed everyone and everything about the game going out the door.

But I suspect they want him because he is very good at editing and making shit look good with production value. Then he will post it on Youtube. But I have watched him for years and other than the typical "yeah star citizen sounds like a big deal" when asked about it in chat he hasnt said anything baout it. Then yesterday during an 8 hour stream he mentioned it a half dozen times at least and said they were going to do 'some things' with it and it looked 'good'.

So all the fanboys have that to look forward to. He will certainly make it looks its best. Whether he plays it or not or has any other commentary about it remains to be seen. But he will certainly make a lot of production videos for them and some of them will more than likely be used as propaganda and 'live gameplay' videos in the future. But if he does play and his viewers dont abandon him that will make the viewership on twitch go from a few hundred to a few thousand.

Dead before birth....

Scam

Worst scam ever man with 5 studios and +500 employees... Not either ponzi... but a true hater magnet for sure :)

rodarin said:

I will say this Mrmoon (a fairly large streamer) was talking about Star Citizen Yesterday.... Then he will post it on Youtube. But I have watched him for years and other than the typical "yeah star citizen sounds like a big deal" when asked about it in chat he hasnt said anything baout it. Then yesterday during an 8 hour stream he mentioned it a half dozen times at least and said they were going to do 'some things' with it and it looked 'good'.

So all the fanboys have that to look forward to. He will certainly make it looks its best. Whether he plays it or not or has any other commentary about it remains to be seen. But he will certainly make a lot of production videos for them and some of them will more than likely be used as propaganda and 'live gameplay' videos in the future. But if he does play and his viewers dont abandon him that will make the viewership on twitch go from a few hundred to a few thousand.

I do not know this guy and really, you may have something against him, fine but facts are that hundreds video done by Evocati and testers are available. Anyone can also test this project several time per year for free.
    There are fanboys like in any single human project but don't pretend that +700.000 are all brainless individual as well as those new backers joining by thousands every single months.

Don't like true Alpha? Fine. Wait until release.