Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lotro Legendary server to launch this Thursday at Noon!

kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
Title says it all, the new progression style server goes live Thursday! Looking forward to reliving the experience from the beginning and the influx of peeps it will bring while leaving the f2p trolls and enjoying a better /world chat, although I'm sure there will be some just not as many.

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    kizan0601 said:
    while leaving the f2p trolls and enjoying a better /world chat
    You sound like a pleasant person.
    I really want to give this restart a try now.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    should have made one for pre launch lifetime subs only. I know its even more 'exclusive' but it would have certainly brought back more people I think. 
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    kizan0601 said:
    Title says it all, the new progression style server goes live Thursday! Looking forward to reliving the experience from the beginning and the influx of peeps it will bring while leaving the f2p trolls and enjoying a better /world chat, although I'm sure there will be some just not as many.
    Please explain this progression server...I'm Unaware !  

Before I go investigating will it: 
    -be 5 year old like easy like retail ?.... If so I'm not interested.  
    -Will the cash shop be dropped?... if not I'm not interested.  
    -Will it be vanilla, or is it a cheap gimmick like SOE played with EQ2 about two years ago ! 

Is it the standard trick ?
    mmolou
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited November 2018
    kizan0601 said:

-Will it be vanilla, or is it a cheap gimmick like SOE played with EQ2 about two years ago ! 

from everything ive read and watched its basically live with a lvl cap of 50...

Its a really really far reach for Vanilla LoTRO
  • GutlardGutlard Member RarePosts: 1,019
    If it brings an influx of people back I believe it will be because those people didn't watch the videos or actually read about it.

It kept the devs busy for a while though, so that's good!

Gut Out!
    Mendel

What, me worry?

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Waiting in line. . to log in. . position 1782
    RueTheWhirl

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Aethaeryn said:
    1680 here....
  • RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    edited November 2018
    Waiting in line, was 10 min. late darn it! Meh, not what I was hoping for but am pretty stoked.
    TheScavenger
    Aethaeryn said:
    Hmm wasn't moving so I logged out and back in. . WRONG!   2484 now
    SovrathRueTheWhirl

edited November 2018
    Aethaeryn said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    now it seems to lower the number. . logged out and in a few times and down to 1900 was up to 2700 or so I think.
    EDIT. . now 1830
    EDIT 2:  logging out seems to update. . 1246 now. 
    EDIT LOL:  1450. . .WTF  . . 699 . .1286
    Post edited by Aethaeryn on
    RueTheWhirl

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    kizan0601 said:

Your kind is not welcome please stay away.  Those who want to progress and enjoy the old community will appreciate it.  Thanks!
    RueTheWhirl
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    kizan0601 said:

Your kind is not welcome please stay away.  Those who want to progress and enjoy the old community will appreciate it.  Thanks!
    As a day one veteran I got nothing but the middle finger for you buddy.  You weren't part of the community because if you were you'd accept people open handily, you are the one who is not welcomed.

Also this server is nothing like the old days and never will be. Dream on... dream on...
    Kyleran
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • RueTheWhirlRueTheWhirl Member UncommonPosts: 33
    So many salty people trying to ruin others' chance at fun. Pretty toxic. We know it's not vanilla or what we played in beta and just beyond. I just enjoy the world and stopped playing after Moria so for me, it's fun!
    AethaerynTheScavenger
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    The launch trailer (https://youtu.be/cGyZJ0pHoZ0 ) is really good though, even if sends a bit confusing message with the "more than a new server" and the old intro music at one hand, while showing the revamped Bree, revamped North Downs, updated character animations on the other :smiley:

So while they really are showing (subtly) that there's nothing nostalgic there, the main message is still the New start - coming home.
    RueTheWhirl
    Hashbrick said:
    kizan0601 said:

As a day one veteran I got nothing but the middle finger for you buddy.  You weren't part of the community because if you were you'd accept people open handily, you are the one who is not welcomed.

Also this server is nothing like the old days and never will be. Dream on... dream on...
    Beta player here pal and I'm 100% correct those who will enjoy this server dont want people where they are complaining about what it is.  It's why there is a sub to get in.  So you can take your middle finger and sit on it.  
    RueTheWhirl
    edited November 2018
    Aethaeryn said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    now it seems to lower the number. . logged out and in a few times and down to 1900 was up to 2700 or so I think.
    EDIT. . now 1830
    Okay I just relogged quickly and went from 1400s to 508 then 1095.  Broken. 1095 508 again
    RueTheWhirl

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    Hashbrick said:
    kizan0601 said:

Beta player here pal and I'm 100% correct those who will enjoy this server dont want people where they are complaining about what it is.  It's why there is a sub to get in.  So you can take your middle finger and sit on it.  
    Please tell us your in game name, so we know who to avoid. Nothing but toxicity coming from you.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
    edited November 2018
    Hashbrick said:
    Hashbrick said:
    kizan0601 said:

Please tell us your in game name, so we know who to avoid. Nothing but toxicity coming from you.
    Correction nothing but cold hard facts coming from me.  Not my fault if they offend you.  No name yet too many people trying to get in to avoid all the people crying about how horrible this is.  
    RueTheWhirl
    Aethaeryn said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    EDIT. . now 1830
    Okay I just relogged quickly and went from 1400s to 508 then 1095.  Broken. 1095 508 again
    jumped to 526 from 200s then next try launched.

edited November 2018
    Today, 02:21 PM#4

Cordovan 

Community Manager

The response has been huge, which has necessitated some queuing. People in a queue will be let in without having to log out then back in repeatedly. We are also working with our operations team to make sure as many people as possible can both be in the log-in queue and in-game.

Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

RueTheWhirl
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited November 2018
    Scorchien said:
    kizan0601 said:

from everything ive read and watched its basically live with a lvl cap of 50...

Its a really really far reach for Vanilla LoTRO
    According to something I read on MassivelyOP they lowered the experience gain rate by 40% in order to more prolong the agon...er.. fun I mean.

;)

Also limited to the original content areas if I understand correctly. 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited November 2018
    Hashbrick said:
    kizan0601 said:

@itstimetodeal  

I'm a nasty person for not wanting a Cash Shop scam !!!!

I'm a really bad because The game turned into 5 year old easy. 

So go ahead and get sucked into their marketing trick to pull in money fast... It's all temporary :)  

If they had any credibility they would make a Vanilla, but that's out because its "all about the cash shop to them".
    Post edited by delete5230 on
    mmolou
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Hashbrick said:
    kizan0601 said:

So go ahead and get sucked into their marketing trick to pull in money fast... It's all temporary :)  

If they had any credibility they would make a Vanilla, but that's out because its "all about the cash shop to them".
    The one guy who is defending you and you quote him of all people.

NotLikeThis
    Harbinger of Fools
    Dakeru said:
    Hashbrick said:
    kizan0601 said:

The one guy who is defending you and you quote him of all people.

NotLikeThis
    sorry I fixed that, 
    @Itstimetodeal