Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do you think about Fortnite?

LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
Hello, I wanted to ask all of you what you think about Fortnite? 

In my opinion, It's amazing, there's endless fun, and they always add updates atleast every week or so. Which is amazing to have a game that's consistently having something new. I also love the fact how many people are involved in this game. Each round can take up to atleast 30min, it helps get stuff off your mind, it's very competitive, and most of all, very fun to play with friends or just solo.

Let me know below what you think about Fortnite!
I hope you all have a fantastic day!!

Comments

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    I don't. Battle Royale games are not my cup of tea. But have fun and enjoy!
    ChildoftheShadowsKyleranPhrydeniterMaurgrimAlec_StormTheocritusQuizzicalPhaserlightScot

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited November 2018
    Overall, bad for the gaming industry. Like WOW many years ago, when one game is overwhelmingly popular with the mass market, it encourages every other developer out there to "chase the rainbow."

Would not surprise me to see Madden NFL or FIFA Soccer add a BR mode in the near future.

OK, silly example, but you get my point. Too many other BR games are either being released or the mode is creeping into such as recently occurred with Ashes.

Fornite must be a good game in some fashion, else it wouldn't be as popular as it is. Not my cup of tea however,  just as I prefer large, thick novels to short stories, I like my games to be large, involved, and more of a never ending story than a 30 minutes one and done experience. 

Finally, perhaps it's a bit overblown by the press, but my perception is Fortnite is over run by hackers, cheaters, and really, really boorish behavior which the Devs aren't able to get a good handle on bringing under control.

If true then I have to view Fortnite, PUBG and the like as yet another cesspool in the gaming industry which we could well do without.

Final verdict, BR games should probably DIAF.

:D 

PhryLowellsandersAlec_StormScotmmolou

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    I think we are about to witness the bursting bubble of BR games, those that arrived late to the party will probably lose the most, as for games like BOPS4 i think they may learn to regret replacing the single player campaign with a BR mode. Although i have to say, if all the BR games failed tomorrow it wouldn't affect me at all, same with MOBA's as i am not into those types of games as they offer too little in terms of gameplay that would make them interesting. ;)
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Doom(93), Doom2, Quake, Quake2, Quake Arena, Unreal, Duke Nukem 3D, Serious Sam, Counter Strike, etc... All games where a player spawns in a predefined map, collects weapons and ammo, and kill other players. In Fortnite you can choose your spawning spot and maps are bigger and more open than usual, everything else is the same old.

Every generation needs their MOBA game. I had lots of fun playing Doom and Quake deathmatch but it got old very quickly. Nowadays the genre can't hold my interest longer than a few minutes, if even that.
    Alec_StormPhaserlight
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    So what do you guys think that CoD BO4 Black out and BFV will give fortnite a tough competition or these 2 new games don't have any problem with Fortnite?
  • kertinkertin Member UncommonPosts: 259
    So what do you guys think that CoD BO4 Black out and BFV will give fortnite a tough competition or these 2 new games don't have any problem with Fortnite?
    There is no competition, Fortnite si free, CoD and BF not, it's more like competition between CoD and BFV and winner will do fine next to Fortnite and PUBG :)
    AlBQuirkyLowellsanders
  • paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198
    I played it in the fall of 2017 and a little bit at start of 2018, so a bit back. I enjoyed it, great game, but I don't have the time to be good at it, and when there's no skill matching, it's not that fun for me. So I don't play it anymore.
  • boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    Not for me. Too childish with too many younger kids screaming in mics. Just couldnt do it personally. The costumes, skins, dances, ect, just turned me off. I enjoy a more realistic feel to my games. 
    Kyleran
  • WarEnsembleWarEnsemble Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I think the last thing the gaming community needs is ANOTHER shooter.
    boris20
  • Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    I see how and why its so massively popular considering what it is and what you can do in it but it never appealed to me. Hell, id probably love it and get addicted if i gave it a chance but I just dont want to.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    like many of these games, the are all just Shooters.. which is not engaging to me.

A MOBA like Eternal Crusade, which had a solid balance between Melee and Ranged, is a far better and more enticing game to me.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Not my style of game and looks like it was made for the masses...pass
  • KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Poor naming of games. I guess OP means Fortnite Battleroyal, but the actual Fortnite with the coop PvE was there first, as buy in alpha access. Then the devs discovered they could attract a bigger crowd and more money with Fortnite Battleroyal. The alpha version of Fortnite has progressing very slowly. Not much communication from the dev team. That plus the itemization combined with micro-transactions has me not logging for a 7 months or so?

Fornite Battleroyal is a great game. Free to play, just skins and gimmicks in cash shop. Fast paced, fun to watch. People complain that there shouldn't be dominant games, but that's hogwash. Someone has to raise the bar. Now Fortnite has set the bar, I'm waiting for the next game that will set it even higher. Just enjoy the game or pick up a game you do enjoy.
    Ungood
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    I hate bunnyhopping ............./nuffsaid
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Keller said:
    Fornite Battleroyal is a great game. Free to play, just skins and gimmicks in cash shop. Fast paced, fun to watch. People complain that there shouldn't be dominant games, but that's hogwash. Someone has to raise the bar. Now Fortnite has set the bar, I'm waiting for the next game that will set it even higher. Just enjoy the game or pick up a game you do enjoy.
    Minor correction..

Fortnight is not really a better game then any other game, it is the style of the game that is attractive, so, it's not really raising the bar as much as it is setting a trend for that kind of game.

Just like other games set the stage for MOBA's, MMO's, Survival Games,  and the like.

and I agree fully with you.. we do need these kinds of trend setting games to come out and break the monotonousness of the genre.
    Keller
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    AlBQuirky said:
    I don't. Battle Royale games are not my cup of tea. But have fun and enjoy!
    I was going to come in to say, "I don't think about Fortnite," but you beat me to it.
    AlBQuirky
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    It's a social media platform that disguises itself as a game. The gameplay itself is mediocre, it's just fun to be there.
    Kyleran
  • SirAgravaineSirAgravaine Member RarePosts: 520
    It is annoying, to say the least.
  • LowellsandersLowellsanders Member UncommonPosts: 134
    kertin said:
    There is no competition, Fortnite si free, CoD and BF not, it's more like competition between CoD and BFV and winner will do fine next to Fortnite and PUBG :)
    I agree with you on this because Fortnite is for free and these games are quite expensive, PUBG will have a tough time 
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    I do think about Fortnite, it's on giant billboards in my city after all, but I could not care less.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• Kayo83Kayo83 Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Id probably get addicted to it if I tried it but I have had 0 motivation to even do that. I see it as another gaming fad which will all but disappear sooner or later. Like PUBG and Overwatch before it.
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630

Mama say Fortnite is the debil. 

AlBQuirkyLowellsandersKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I personally do not get the "fortnite" craze. It blows my mind such a simplistic , repetitive , downright boring game has catapulted to the top of gaming charts. My only rationale would be that I am getting old. Its like Music, It just isn't cool if your parents are listening to it kind of thing. Maybe I'm out of touch with current gaming, but I'm not out of touch with what i like. 

I look at fortnite and i see, Bright in your face colors, Quick instant gratification matches, I see a very twitchy , reflex , quick thinking , on your toes type of gameplay .This game is aimed and made for a younger generation, and thats cool, its just not for me.

I would be curious though If anyone is under , lets say 25 and feels the same way i do ?
    AmatheScotConstantineMerusAlBQuirkyKyleran
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    thunderC said:

I would be curious though If anyone is under , lets say 25 and feels the same way i do ?
    Yes, now get those Fortnite players off my lawn.
    JeffSpicoliScotConstantineMerusKyleran

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Amathe said:
    thunderC said:

Yes, now get those Fortnite players off my lawn.
    lol I knew someone was going to respond with that, and like i said Im not bashing the game, Kids love it and thats awesome IMO gaming is great hobby to be passionate about, I'd just be curious if Fortnite success is mostly tied to a specific age group or not
    • Aloha Mr Hand !