Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epidemic of wrong views

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
Mass hysteria... close, mass assumptions.... It's like someone states something and all follow, problem being the original statement was wrong...…. I've been fighting false accusations for what, 5 years ? ….It doesn't help that our power posters are lead astray by the same delusion brought on by believing in the falsehood.  

It doesn't help when our power posters are considered scholars, when in fact they're simply fans of multi player games that decide to rest their hats on this site.... and "self nominate" themselves as experts !.... After all anyone can self nominate themselves as a power poster simply by posting a lot.  

Perfect example:  Myself... I don't have a single credential yet I'm one of them, simply by posting a lot.  
"same as everyone else"  

Education by experience of being here, 
You would think the viewer or poster would gain experience by feeding from others knowledge... Well, this is not true when the mass assumption is wrong.   To be honest, the only item that can be gained here is new release information.  Everything else is a GUESS. 

Enough about posters..... lets talk about problems brought on by Mainstream modern: 

- No open world play, force focused the player down the path. 
- Cash shops, they don't belong, THATS GAMBLING.  Its an uneven advantage. 
- LFG LFD LFR, this is a mistake that sounded good on paper.  It forced mmorpg into games-online. 
Grouping is now a mini game. 
- Easy, seriously look at this and don't shrug it off.  
How can friends play together when solo itself is mind-numbingly-easy.  

HOW CAN THE ABOVE BE ARGUED ?... How can power posters say different ?

Power posters are sick of me.
I'm sick of doing this.
I'm sick of mass assumptions, extra fueled by self proclaimed experts. 

mmorpgs are in the toilet.... Why ?.... Mainstream modern ! 
WhiskeydustGdemamiRexKushmanIselinFlyByKnightSlapshot1188JeffSpicolimmoloucraftseekertweedledumb99and 9 others.

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    This very topic misses a simple point>>>>we get invalid bull crap from developers all the time,they will ONLY ever tell you what sounds best for them and avoid any and all negativity to the point of banning posts in threads.
    What 1...5...15...150 posters might say has an absolute MUTE effect when compared to MISLEADING advertising,and misleading publishers and developers.

An actual occasion where gamer's say something that has a heavy impact is in sales.NOT negative sales but very heavy positive sales,like with You Tubers or Streamers all out to make a buck.So what am i talking about?Well the streamer who was endorsing Warner Bros products ,trying to mislead viewers to thinking he really loved those games but the whole time was being sponsored.

Well the FTC fined Warner 300k and i can't remember how much they fined Cutiepie.

overall point? Well what posters say and do in forums is quite meaningless to the bigger picture that is mass marketing and a ton of misleading marketing to garner in MILLIONS of dollars.How many games have we seen completely die off almost immediately after huge sales>>>TONS.

There are right now on Steam people called "Curators".Go have a look at some of the games they highly recommend,some completely trash games,it looks way more than obvious that they are sponsored by those games.Some are legit of course but some are just so far out in left field it's not funny.Speaking of Steam,remember when they USED to have that Green Light phase so that only decent games would make it into Steam,well not anymore,ANY and all make it into the app.
    Blaze_Rocker

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Wizardry said:
    This very topic misses a simple point>>>>we get invalid bull crap from developers all the time,they will ONLY ever tell you what sounds best for them and avoid any and all negativity to the point of banning posts in threads.
    What 1...5...15...150 posters might say has an absolute MUTE effect when compared to MISLEADING advertising,and misleading publishers and developers.

An actual occasion where gamer's say something that has a heavy impact is in sales.NOT negative sales but very heavy positive sales,like with You Tubers or Streamers all out to make a buck.So what am i talking about?Well the streamer who was endorsing Warner Bros products ,trying to mislead viewers to thinking he really loved those games but the whole time was being sponsored.

Well the FTC fined Warner 300k and i can't remember how much they fined Cutiepie.

overall point? Well what posters say and do in forums is quite meaningless to the bigger picture that is mass marketing and a ton of misleading marketing to garner in MILLIONS of dollars.How many games have we seen completely die off almost immediately after huge sales>>>TONS.

There are right now on Steam people called "Curators".Go have a look at some of the games they highly recommend,some completely trash games,it looks way more than obvious that they are sponsored by those games.Some are legit of course but some are just so far out in left field it's not funny.Speaking of Steam,remember when they USED to have that Green Light phase so that only decent games would make it into Steam,well not anymore,ANY and all make it into the app.
    I know your not sticking up for my style of posting.. It's blunt and people often mistake that as insulting... Again, I understand your not a big fan of me, that's understandable.

However, thank you for understanding the actual point, not many can do that :) 
    alkarionlogjimmywolf
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    delete5230 said:

It doesn't help that our power posters are lead astray by the same delusion brought on by believing in the falsehood.  

It doesn't help when our power posters are considered scholars, when in fact they're simply fans of multi player games that decide to rest their hats on this site.... and "self nominate" themselves as experts !.... After all anyone can self nominate themselves as a power poster simply by posting a lot.  
    No one here refers to themself as a power poster, or a scholar, or an expert, or as a nominee of anything. You are, once again, just making up nonsense.
    SovrathIselin[Deleted User]laseritMendelimmodiumSlapshot1188JeffSpicolimmoloucraftseekerand 5 others.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Amathe said:
    delete5230 said:

It doesn't help that our power posters are lead astray by the same delusion brought on by believing in the falsehood.  

No one here refers to themself as a power poster, or a scholar, or an expert, or as a nominee of anything. You are, once again, just making up nonsense.
    I take it your taking offence to this post anyone would at first glance.  

I liked @Wizardry for seeing through a personal attack and got the point.  He followed through by talking about "invalid bull crap from developers".  He is not my friend, he doesn't even like me, but he understands.

I can only add, people here believe it !.... The power posters and locking in the "invalid bull crap from developers" giving them more power, they are led astray and causing the ill informed to follow down the same rabbit hole.  

You can't refer oneself as a power poster, it just happens by posting a lot.  BUT their are self appointed scholars and experts, I could name five or six and you would most likely agree.  

Please don't take this as meaning "you", it's just an observation I made in life: 

Call a REAL alcoholic and alcoholic and they get extremely angry 
    Call a NON-alcoholic an alcoholic and they comely say... No I'm not, never giving it a second thought.  
    craftseekerKyleranGdemamijimmywolfDakeru
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    You seem not to be able to make a point without first setting yourself up in opposition to some group of people, even if such group is fictional. 
    [Deleted User]mmoloucraftseekerKyleranPhryEponyxDamorMrMelGibson

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Cash shops are not gambling and there is nothing wrong with them in general, it's what the developer chooses to put in there that makes it "wrong".

As far as the rest it doesn't matter what we want, it's what sells that defines what gets made. Like I mentioned in a previous post, if people want to see a change in the genre then support indie developers that want to bring the games we want to play  instead of crying for AAA companies to do it. Those large companies will only follow 0the money. Their passion died off long ago and new passion, new blood is needed to rejuvenate the genre.
    delete5230craftseeker
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Mass hysteria... close, mass assumptions.... It's like someone states something and all follow, problem being the original statement was wrong...…. I've been fighting false accusations for what, 5 years ? ….It doesn't help that our power posters are lead astray by the same delusion brought on by believing in the falsehood.  

Perfect example:  Myself... I don't have a single credential yet I'm one of them, simply by posting a lot.  
    "same as everyone else"  

Education by experience of being here, 
    You would think the viewer or poster would gain experience by feeding from others knowledge... Well, this is not true when the mass assumption is wrong.   To be honest, the only item that can be gained here is new release information.  Everything else is a GUESS. 

Enough about posters..... lets talk about problems brought on by Mainstream modern: 

- No open world play, force focused the player down the path. 
    - Cash shops, they don't belong, THATS GAMBLING.  Its an uneven advantage. 
    - LFG LFD LFR, this is a mistake that sounded good on paper.  It forced mmorpg into games-online. 
    Grouping is now a mini game. 
    - Easy, seriously look at this and don't shrug it off.  
    How can friends play together when solo itself is mind-numbingly-easy.  

HOW CAN THE ABOVE BE ARGUED ?... How can power posters say different ?

Power posters are sick of me.
    I'm sick of doing this.
    I'm sick of mass assumptions, extra fueled by self proclaimed experts. 

mmorpgs are in the toilet.... Why ?.... Mainstream modern ! 

You folks can talk around it all you want. The OP is unstable AF, remove all firearms from his home and do not have any MMORPG meet and greets.

I said it. There.
    [Deleted User]IselinJeffSpicolimmoloucraftseekerKyleranPhryZenJellyAsheramAsch126and 3 others.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
     After all anyone can self nominate themselves as a power poster simply by posting a lot.  

Actually no, you aren't.  Nobody I know gives the faintest credence to anything you post but most just hop in the thread for the chuckles.

You are actually the greatest rebuttal to your own post.  You have about 5k posts and nobody treats you like an expert at anything... 
    [Deleted User]AmathemmoloucraftseekerKyleranEponyxDamorZenJellyDakeru

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

After all anyone can self nominate themselves as a power poster simply by posting a lot.  

Actually no, you aren't.  Nobody I know gives the faintest credence to anything you post but most just hop in the thread for the chuckles.

You are actually the greatest rebuttal to your own post.  You have about 5k posts and nobody treats you like an expert at anything... 
    For this you should have quoted something different.  A power poster is not an expert, it just means they post a lot.
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    I dont know about the rest of you losers but i definitely consider myself a POWER POSTER 

[Deleted User]delete5230AmathelaseritmmolouKyleranSovrath[Deleted User]AethaerynMrMelGibsonand 1 other.
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

thunderC said:
    I dont know about the rest of you losers but i definitely consider myself a POWER POSTER 

Short but sweet..... This, I consider the best one today !
    laseritJeffSpicoli
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Wrong views? Are you saying other forum posters have wrong views because you disagree with them? Aren't they are expressing there opinions on subjects?
    [Deleted User]AmatheKyleranMendelcraftseeker
  • klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    wait whats going on?
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    klash2def said:
    wait whats going on?
    Typical Delete nonsense thread.  Feel free to ignore or just stick for the lulz.
    JeffSpicoli[Deleted User]MendelcraftseekerMrMelGibsonCryomatrixDakeru

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Sal1 said:
    Wrong views? Are you saying other forum posters have wrong views because you disagree with them? Aren't they are expressing there opinions on subjects?
    Several clime to be experts and have the inside tip. 
    The same several are "power posters" too, meaning they post a lot and appear to be a majority.

This influences a lot of viewers that come here looking for guidance thinking a lot here are professionals "on the matter of what people want", when in fact their are none here.  

What people want is influenced by marketing for max profit.  The so called experts that are also power posters are fulling the fire.... A wrong fire at that !
    JeffSpicoliZenJellyGdemami
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    klash2def said:
    wait whats going on?
    Typical Delete nonsense thread.  Feel free to ignore or just stick for the lulz.
    Well, it just wouldn't be a Friday without one of these threads.

It's OK, I'm getting tired of kicking on Blizzard for the week, light hearted fare is welcomed.
    delete5230[Deleted User][Deleted User]JeffSpicoliPhrycraftseekerceratop001Slapshot1188MrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    just because someone posts  a lot does not mean they consider themselves experts. . .you are making assumptions.

"To be honest, the only item that can be gained here is new release information.  Everything else is a GUESS."  ------Delete5230, 2018-------

words of wisdom, I guess. . .because everything is . . .even what the OP thinks is wrong with the MMORPG genre is just a guess. . .

[Deleted User]
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    And on this weeks episode of Housewives of MMORPG , watch as the regular cast of Gals duke it out , and sling insults in this knock down drag out cat-fight..
    PhryJeffSpicolidelete5230[Deleted User]ceratop001
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    UPS should hire this week's delete5230 thread because it delivers.
    delete5230klash2defCryomatrix[Deleted User]
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    delete5230Asheram
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Wizardry said:

I know your not sticking up for my style of posting.. It's blunt and people often mistake that as insulting... Again, I understand your not a big fan of me, that's understandable.

However, thank you for understanding the actual point, not many can do that :) 

[Deleted User]
  • craftseekercraftseeker Member RarePosts: 1,740
    Sal1 said:
    No, he is saying that because that is what the voices in his head told him, and the voices in his head are always right. 

Someone needs to up his meds and make sure that he actually takes them.
    Sal1[Deleted User]
    I see a lot of power posters, but only one self proclaimed expert so far.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    So... is the only way to have a "right view" is to agree with you?

@Jean-Luc_Picard is quite right. You set yourself up to be disagreed with. the first 2/3rds of your post is all about you as a poster/victim. Then you finally get to your point, calling all who disagree... "wrong."

"Power Poster?" Really? Could you please get over yourself, already?

"Of course I pulled that tiger's tail! BUT I'm the victim!" :rolleyes:
    AmathecraftseekerMrMelGibson[Deleted User]

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:
    So... is the only way to have a "right view" is to agree with you?

@Jean-Luc_Picard is quite right. You set yourself up to be disagreed with. the first 2/3rds of your post is all about you as a poster/victim. Then you finally get to your point, calling all who disagree... "wrong."

"Power Poster?" Really? Could you please get over yourself, already?

"Of course I pulled that tiger's tail! BUT I'm the victim!" :rolleyes:
    Your confusing power poster with expert... None of are experts.  Several power posters think they are.
    craftseeker
This discussion has been closed.