Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Due to Heavy Demand, a Second Lord of the Rings Online Legendary Server Opens - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    edited November 2018
    @Ungood

It's ok they had to open a second server because so many people wanted this.  You can keep writing about these "mistakes"  or how "you dont get it" but the bottom line is it's not for you and that's perfectly fine.  Based on your comments here that's a good thing for you and those who are enjoying it.  

You wont change anyone's mind and nobody is going to change yours.  It's a video game you are not interested in...we get it. 
    LOL.. look here kiddo.. I am not trying to charge your mind..I don't care about you enough to bother.

I was wondering what inspires people to do this, as it makes no sense to me.
    mmolou
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    mcrippins said:
    This game takes forever to install, even on a gigabit connection and fast computer lol.
    I was wondering what the heck you were talking about and then the patches started to roll in.

and in

and in

and in

and in

and............................................................................

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

JeroKane said:
    Ugh...please don't bring back up "Radiance". One of the worst mistakes they made back then lol. Don't miss that period for sure.
    This was the core of my point really, which is why I used GW2's HoT, as an example, I don't understand with these kinda of resets, what would make someone be willing to go though a game ruining expansion a second time? 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• ceratop001ceratop001 Member RarePosts: 1,594
    Full rad gear was one of the only reasons I did dungeons...

• ItstimetodealItstimetodeal Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Ungood said:
    JeroKane said:
    Ugh...please don't bring back up "Radiance". One of the worst mistakes they made back then lol. Don't miss that period for sure.
    This was the core of my point really, which is why I used GW2's HoT, as an example, I don't understand with these kinda of resets, what would make someone be willing to go though a game ruining expansion a second time? 
    Listen kiddo it's rather simple.  Because NOT everyone agrees with you.  It's really that simple.  You think they broke everything,  you cant understand the legendary server is NOT THE SAME as live servers.  There is NOTHING anyone can say to make you understand it.  A LOT of people dont share your bias opinion thats it.

You are dug in, your hatred and bias for a video game is set and you are motivated to keep repeating the same stuff over and over.

Lotro is not the first and wont be the last to do this.  People wanted a way to play the old content together, they wanted to run the Rift, Burrows down at level.  They wanted a server where everyone starts at 1. They want that excitement when Moria opens up in four or six or however many month.  They want to experience all of this with people that are also excited.  

You obviously will never understand this you obviously dont care to understand this that is not why you are here. 
    JeffSpicoli
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited November 2018
    Ungood said:
    JeroKane said:
    After the backlash during the Moria expansion period, they revamped the Radiance system out of the game that same year. So it's a moot point now and no longer an issue. Not on current live nor will it be in 4 months, when Moria will unlock on the Legendary servers.

It was just brought up as an example, if they had been able to dig up the old code and launch a "real" classic server, but even then with Moria they would have launched it without the Radiance system.

Any way. The current Legendary server is all we will get anyway, since LOTRO will never see a true classic server. All the devs of that time are long gone and SSG simply doesn't have the competence in-house anymore.
    The current Dev can't even properly rebalance aspects of the game without huge screw ups, like what happened with the latest patch.
    It's like he is turning some knobs straight on the live servers, crosses his fingers and see what happens. /facepalm
    Ungoodmmolou
    Ungood said:
    JeroKane said:
    Listen kiddo it's rather simple.  Because NOT everyone agrees with you.  It's really that simple.  You think they broke everything,  you cant understand the legendary server is NOT THE SAME as live servers.  There is NOTHING anyone can say to make you understand it.  A LOT of people dont share your bias opinion thats it.

You are dug in, your hatred and bias for a video game is set and you are motivated to keep repeating the same stuff over and over.

Lotro is not the first and wont be the last to do this.  People wanted a way to play the old content together, they wanted to run the Rift, Burrows down at level.  They wanted a server where everyone starts at 1. They want that excitement when Moria opens up in four or six or however many month.  They want to experience all of this with people that are also excited.  

You obviously will never understand this you obviously dont care to understand this that is not why you are here. 
    Oh give it a rest fan-boi.. I have non-butthurt-slobbering posters giving me real responses.. you can move along now.
    JeffSpicoli

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    JeroKane said:

Oh give it a rest fan-boi.. I have non-butthurt-slobbering posters giving me real responses.. you can move along now.
    The only butthurt slobbery poster I see around here is you.  Can you show us where lotro touched you wrong?  
    JeffSpicoliJemAs666[Deleted User]
    JeroKane said:
    Ungood said:
    JeroKane said:
    After the backlash during the Moria expansion period, they revamped the Radiance system out of the game that same year. So it's a moot point now and no longer an issue. Not on current live nor will it be in 4 months, when Moria will unlock on the Legendary servers.

It was just brought up as an example, if they had been able to dig up the old code and launch a "real" classic server, but even then with Moria they would have launched it without the Radiance system.

Any way. The current Legendary server is all we will get anyway, since LOTRO will never see a true classic server. All the devs of that time are long gone and SSG simply doesn't have the competence in-house anymore.
    The current Dev can't even properly rebalance aspects of the game without huge screw ups, like what happened with the latest patch.
    It's like he is turning some knobs straight on the live servers, crosses his fingers and see what happens. /facepalm
    I see your points on this one.

Can't say I will understand the attraction, but as the expression goes.. different strokes.

Ungood said:
    Ungood said:
    JeroKane said:

The only butthurt slobbery poster I see around here is you.  Can you show us where lotro touched you wrong?  
    Right... because this post does not scream "I'm Butthurt" give is a rest kiddo.. no one gives a shit about your feels.. least of all me.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Internet arguments are the best especially ones about video games, Sports is a close second

Panther2103JeroKane[Deleted User]migthefigUngood
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Torval said:
    laserit said:
    mcrippins said:
    This game takes forever to install, even on a gigabit connection and fast computer lol.
    I was wondering what the heck you were talking about and then the patches started to roll in.

and in

and in

and in

and in

and............................................................................
    Pro-tip from someone who has been doing this for a long time. Archive your game install (zip or 7zip) and throw it on your backup storage or somewhere you can forget about it. Do the same with the settings folder in your "Documents" folder.

When it comes time to install, just download the client installer and when it starts to actually patch, kill it. Then unzip your client and settings folders from backup into your new install folders. Launch the patcher and it will have a much smaller update (whatever since you've last backed up).

I have gigabbit fiber too and while it downloads big files fast it churns hard on smaller sets. It's just an old piece of technology trying to live in a modern world.
    I used to back them up too in the old days :)

I'm about 3 1/2 hours into this one and I'm at 71%
    [Deleted User]

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Ok, ok, screw this. For the first time in SEVEN years I've created chars outside of Laurelin. Both on Ithil.

Lahnmir - Loremaster
    Putrence - Minstrell

So, sue me. Will be playing very casually, see you guys online. 

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    mmolou
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

thunderC said:
    Internet arguments are the best especially ones about video games, Sports is a close second

No way politics by a mile.  It's not an argument either it was just me doing a little community service work. 
    thunderC said:

No way politics by a mile.  It's not an argument either it was just me doing a little community service work. 
    I see you.. made a giant douche of yourself so no one else had to.. such a humanitarian.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lahnmir said:
    Ok, ok, screw this. For the first time in SEVEN years I've created chars outside of Laurelin. Both on Ithil.

Lahnmir - Loremaster
    Putrence - Minstrell

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Have Fun .. im still on the fence as much as i love LOTRO , not sure i wanna do it all again
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    edited November 2018
    Sovrath said:
    @Ungood

It's ok they had to open a second server because so many people wanted this.  You can keep writing about these "mistakes"  or how "you dont get it" but the bottom line is it's not for you and that's perfectly fine.  Based on your comments here that's a good thing for you and those who are enjoying it.  

You wont change anyone's mind and nobody is going to change yours.  It's a video game you are not interested in...we get it. 
    I'm telling you, I'm having so much fun with the consolidated community that I think I'm just going to stay and see this through to Mordor.
    I agree 100% it's too bad my main group of gaming friends never gave lotro a shot and this wont bring them in, I've tried.  So tonight we raid and I'll be in lotro until I'm the last person that needs to be on for the raid.  

If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd offer five of them a free month in lotro to try it out lol.
    You won't play LOTRO because your friends won't play? WTF? So you'll miss out on amazing game just because your friends dictate what you can or can't play? What? Can't choose your own game to play just cause some people won't play with you?

I'm glad I have REAL friends that don't care if I play different games or play solo or play in a group with them or a group with someone else, they give others a choice what to play or what to do. That is what real friends do, not friends that make someone not able to play a game they want to play

Oh well, at least I get to enjoy LOTRO and you miss out cause of some junk friends that won't play with you so for some reason that makes you not play LOTRO

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Ungood said:

Right... because this post does not scream "I'm Butthurt" give is a rest kiddo.. no one gives a shit about your feels.. least of all me.
    You must be old as shit since it seems everyone is a "kiddo" on this forum.
    Older enough to have a good work ethic and know what bathroom to use ;)
    laserit

Ungood said:
    thunderC said:

I see you.. made a giant douche of yourself so no one else had to.. such a humanitarian.
    For not caring about me you sure do follow me around a lot.  A little creepy to he honest.  
    Sovrath said:
    @Ungood

I'm telling you, I'm having so much fun with the consolidated community that I think I'm just going to stay and see this through to Mordor.
    I agree 100% it's too bad my main group of gaming friends never gave lotro a shot and this wont bring them in, I've tried.  So tonight we raid and I'll be in lotro until I'm the last person that needs to be on for the raid.  

If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd offer five of them a free month in lotro to try it out lol.
    You won't play LOTRO because your friends won't play? WTF? So you'll miss out on amazing game just because your friends dictate what you can or can't play? What? Can't choose your own game to play just cause some people won't play with you?

I'm glad I have REAL friends that don't care if I play different games or play solo or play in a group with them or a group with someone else, they give others a choice what to play or what to do. That is what real friends do, not friends that make someone not able to play a game they want to play

Oh well, at least I get to enjoy LOTRO and you miss out cause of some junk friends that won't play with you so for some reason that makes you not play LOTRO

Read that again...I said "I will be on lotro until I'm the last person ready for the raid"  meaning I'll be on lotro as long as possible, but not going to leave a raid hanging I signed up for.  
    edited November 2018
    Scorchien said:
    lahnmir said:

Lahnmir - Loremaster
    Putrence - Minstrell

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Have Fun .. im still on the fence as much as i love LOTRO , not sure i wanna do it all again
    Neither am I. But I started a new character on Laurelin anyways, might as well enjoy the ride with fresh company. So far it feels VERY nice. I always liked the slower pace and the areas are packed. No clue how far I’ll get, got a three month sub to find out if the journey is worth it.

Edit. Haven´t joined a kinship yet. Perhaps players on here can recommend a nice one?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Beezerbeez

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    lahnmir said:
    Scorchien said:
    lahnmir said:

Lahnmir - Loremaster
    Putrence - Minstrell

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Neither am I. But I started a new character on Laurelin anyways, might as well enjoy the ride with fresh company. So far it feels VERY nice. I always liked the slower pace and the areas are packed. No clue how far I’ll get, got a three month sub to find out if the journey is worth it.

Edit. Haven´t joined a kinship yet. Perhaps players on here can recommend a nice one?

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Dam you .. does sound good , ya know what im gonna do , i think ill roll up a tank and play him have never run a tank thru that content , ive Done Hunter/Minstrel/Burglar/Champ.. Tank should be fun :)

lahnmir
    Scorchien said:
    lahnmir said:
    Scorchien said:
    lahnmir said:

Lahnmir - Loremaster
    Putrence - Minstrell

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Dam you .. does sound good , ya know what im gonna do , i think ill roll up a tank and play him have never run a tank thru that content , ive Done Hunter/Minstrel/Burglar/Champ.. Tank should be fun :)

Let me know how it goes. I fully recommend Loremaster though. So much fun that I’ll be playing one, again.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Scorchien

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Quick question. Is it possible to increase the quest box and inventory when using a 4k monitor in lotro? 
    Yes, there are sliders in the options. I can't tell you exactly where right now because I don't have it installed at the moment. I've used them many times before though.
    The sliders dont work for quest popup boxes and inventor bags though.  I've adjusted all the sliders and chat text, the quest boxes are tiny.
    I don't know what you mean by pop up boxes (dialogue boxes?) but there is definitely a way to make your bags bigger in scale.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.