Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lost Ark Gameplay Impressions - Is This The New Diablo? - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageLost Ark Gameplay Impressions - Is This The New Diablo? - MMORPG.com

As you know, the Lost Ark open beta began in South Korea yesterday and today brings us some impressions videos from those those who managed to get in and play. This video comes via Arekkz Gaming and is an interesting take on the "new Diablo" feeling that many have taken when seeing Lost Ark in action. See if you agree!

Read the full story here

Comments

• boris20boris20 Member RarePosts: 404
    edited November 2018
    Not real fond of it having all the flashy effects and being an Asian game, but if the depth of gameplay is there, fluid controls, wide assortment of gear to grind for, and no P2W cash shop, I think I could find myself enjoying this one.
    infomatz
  • 3dom3dom Member RarePosts: 889
    New or not - it's the only "Diablo" (with non-aged graphics engine) we'll have for few years on PC.

Thank you for your time!

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    edited November 2018
    Lost Ark and Project TL will be the main diablo-like MMO's around in terms of proper large-budget MMO title. Sure will be around and playable in the west before anything proper sequel of Diablo happens.

Project TL has one immense potential as it is Lineage sequel after all with mass scale PvP and better visuals by using a current-gen game engine, but they are extremely quiet about it still.
    metarealMrMelGibson
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Im so starved for a new ARPG with modern graphics.
    boris20TacticalZombehNoxiasConstantineMerusinfomatz
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    well thing is this diablo like also will ahve a lot of crafting, fishing, building of a normal mmo, but since there is no plans to bring it around our side I will not bother much with it
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Spriggen1337Spriggen1337 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    while it looks fantastic this game wont be here until at least 2020 (translations dubbings and removal of fan service content to get a rating), just seems a shame in 2 years time hype will be gone and games like torchlight frontiers and possible diablo 4 will come b4 this!
    NordicApache
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Another ARPG that does NOTHING for the genre to improve it..sigh.

Over sized weapon,locked camera,mindless killing of garbage Ai fodder,yep terrible game design.

Good graphics?Well if you like PUNY character models and most of the visuals are fogged out and with a locked camera stuck 3/4 overhead your view is crap.

Obviously copying the Diablo look with dark graphics,problem is nothing is easy to see,and by time you get up close they are all dead fast anyhow.

The maps are 100% meaningless and since your just eyes targeted on the edge of the screen to see your next foe,you'll never look around or enjoy the map anyhow.

4 man raid,what the heck does that even mean in a ARPG,just 4 people spamming their best attack setup?So happens that Arekk's showing a 4 man dungeon and 3 of the players look pretty much useless as the Arekk dude is pretty much wasting everything like cheap fodder.
    I don't rate games based on the genre,i rate the effort and depth put into them,this is a typical 2/10 that all ARPG;'s present fall into.
    Spriggen1337sakerTacticalZombehRoyalValorFlyByKnightNordicApachelecram64Sorill

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Been playing the game, my biggest complaints so far are the bots. They are all over the place.

The next complaint that is popping up a lot, and is my current biggest issue with the game, is that it is really shallow. It's fast and flashy, but once the novelty of the skill effects wears off, none of the classes are all that complicated. Identity skills, with the exception of maybe Bard, are just something you mash on cooldown. They went too far in trying to make a clear cooldown gap between your basic moves and finishers that the whole combat experience comes down to rolling across your keyboard, and then hitting everything as it comes off cooldown.

I've been mainly playing Arcana, which should have some more depth to it. Some skills add to a stack counter on each enemy they hit, and your finishers will deal damage proportionate to the number of stacks. In practice, the cooldowns are so long on the finishers that anything you fight will be at full stacks before your finisher is off CD.

I'm going to keep playing in hopes that it gets better 50+, but so far it is just a prettier Mu Legend.
    infomatz
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Wolcen is also finally making progress again. Have a few arpgs in the pipeline these days
    boris20
  • KabulozoKabulozo Member RarePosts: 932
    edited November 2018
    Game looks gorgerous, Unreal 3 Engine visuals still hold up pretty well in 2018, but it is too focused on streamlined pve questing for me, this is not something I'd play on a long run, but rather for some weeks to 2 or 3 months.

I hope Project TL brings what Lineage fans want: a game focused on a slow journey on open world most of the times. 
  • RobbgobbRobbgobb Member UncommonPosts: 674
    It looks cool though Torchlight Frontiers is what I am wanting to see more of.
    Tokken
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    "South Korea" That's all you need to know if this is going to be the new Diablo or not. Spoiler, it won't.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Looks good, but as usual I'm sure there is something Western gamers will hate about it.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    It looks good.. I'll try it.

The new MU looks good in videos too... it wasn't.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    It looks like 2019 is going to be a great year for ARPG's. I'm also keeping an eye on Wolcen and Warhammer: Chaosbane

https://wolcengame.com/home/

• cazuumingcazuuming Member CommonPosts: 1
    Those who wants to play can buy a Verified Lost Ark KR Account here > https://www.seagm.com/lost-ark-kr/lost-ark-account?account_category_id=163
  • RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    please put it on mobile we want all games on cell phones even better all games on VR so we can walk around like zombies the whole day.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Yeah, those Korean games are great and never kill you with the cash shops...
    [Deleted User]
  • MachkeznhoMachkeznho Member UncommonPosts: 424
    come west capitalize on diablo's epic fail bunch of diablo refugees here thirsty for new pixels.
  • KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563
    Well I found out some good things and bad things about the game today, while playing. 

The Good

You can craft avatars from raid loot that are better than the stuff sold in the shop.

The Bad

The 2 "prestige" mounts in the game cost 198,000 mileage points each. You get 100 points for every $1 you spend, so you will need to spend a little under $2000 to have enough points to buy one of the mounts...
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    If it's not on phones (yes, I have one!), I'm not interested. They're the future of gaming, and any company worth its salt should be putting many of its best developers on making titles for them! /sarcasm

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

Kumapon said:

Well I found out some good things and bad things about the game today, while playing. 

The Good

You can craft avatars from raid loot that are better than the stuff sold in the shop.

The Bad

The 2 "prestige" mounts in the game cost 198,000 mileage points each. You get 100 points for every $1 you spend, so you will need to spend a little under $2000 to have enough points to buy one of the mounts...

That sounds like a model I'd completely expect to be in Korea, but wouldn't end up seeing the light of day over here.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Nope Path of Exile is the new Diablo III.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    OhhPaigey said:

Kumapon said:

The Good

The Bad

That sounds like a model I'd completely expect to be in Korea, but wouldn't end up seeing the light of day over here.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    OhhPaigey said:

Kumapon said:

The Good

The Bad

Good thing you don't need the mounts then eh?  
    Onji12