Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2 Level Cap revealed. and Implication of such level cap explained.

NCSoft officially announced that Lineage 2's current level cap are fixed at 75. But upcoming update will slightly raise this level cap to some value between 75 - 90.

Apparently there is already a person in server #1 who reached level 70 two weeks ago or so. And it's reported that this person continued to play an average of 20 hours a day switching the leveling task with his brother every days. It is also speculated that his account is now worth as much as 20,000-50,000 $ US. He is dubbed as "Jizone" of all servers which mean the Supreme Lord.

I think this guy and his brother should be named in the book of Guiness for the categories of "Most Hardcore Subscription Based Online Gamer in the world" or "Most No-Life-outside-the-Game-world".

Anyway in the light of this announcement by server monitoring NC GM staff, NCSoft has decided to put Level cap to this game, stating that Lineage 2 should not be all about leveling.

What they are planning to do is to reward very few elite group of hardcore players who have first reached this level cap, with some sort of compensation.

They are saying that reaching 75 is not the End of game, but actually a beginning of new chapter of Lineage 2. It might be the opening to new type of gameplay not yet announced. Remember Lineage 2 is in continuous development and updates during P2P service. It is meant to adapt dynamically to the changes of gameplay environment and demand of game players.

What this means is Lineage 2 game play will be divided in two distinct phases:

1) Pre-Level-Cap phase (1 to ~75):

Level based gameplay style.

2) Post-Level-Cap phase (~75 completed):

- Complete transition from level based to skill based system (speculative)

- Introduction of new type of character avatar or polygonal model not necessarily restricted to humanoid class, but could be monsters class or customized monsters class, etc. (speculative)

- Possible introduction of new combat system (speculative)

- Some not-yet-heard-of new type of fun pursuit (factual)

- Real life compensation: monetary or otherwise. Although it might not apply to all who reaches the level cap. (speculative)

Comments

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Originally posted by higgsboson

stating that Lineage 2 should not be all about leveling.

This line cracks me up, as long as you have a goal to achive, someone will want to achieve it in the quickest means possible. Many people take pleasure in the pursuit of the best means possible of goal achievement.

If you want to make a game not about leveling, then you can't have levels. This "don't try do the best you can, just have fun playing" Brad McQuid attitude is naive.

-=-=-=-=-
    "elimination of any downtime and you don't have a chance to really talk. The result is no one gives a crap who you are. It's so incredibly anti-community building." - Brad McQuid (sigil games, maker of EQ)

A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50%

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here learn what it means here.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• DisastormDisastorm Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

stating that Lineage 2 should not be all about leveling.

This line cracks me up, as long as you have a goal to achive, someone will want to achieve it in the quickest means possible. Many people take pleasure in the pursuit of the best means possible of goal achievement.

If you want to make a game not about leveling, then you can't have levels. This "don't try do the best you can, just have fun playing" Brad McQuid attitude is naive.

-=-=-=-=-
    "elimination of any downtime and you don't have a chance to really talk. The result is no one gives a crap who you are. It's so incredibly anti-community building." - Brad McQuid (sigil games, maker of EQ)

Games and players have a type. What type are you? click here learn what it means here.

i disagree i think having lvl based gameplay and then skill based would be really good, and better than just one of those gameplay types.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

It is also speculated that his account is now worth as much as 200,000-500,000 $ US.

half a million dollars..i dont think so

Originally posted by fulmanfu

It is also speculated that his account is now worth as much as 200,000-500,000 $ US.

half a million dollars..i dont think so

well i wouldn't be surprised

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Originally posted by Disastorm

i disagree i think having lvl based gameplay and then skill based would be really good, and better than just one of those gameplay types.

You did read that you forum rank doesn't depend on the number of posts you make?

I going to grap at out into space here and assume your trying to refer to that in this context my comments are reflected to a level based charater delovpment. Although I said nothing possitive or negative about the level system, so I'm not sure what you can agree or disagree to. 

I merely pointed out that the dev's are upset a goal has been achived so quickly said simlar things to my favorite game designer Brad McQuad. I'll restate my prevouse statement: if your goal is make a game NOT about gaining levels, then you can't make a level centric game. Even if your said game type of Leveling then getting AA's (or whatever) it's still a level exp grinding centric game.

If you would like discusses level vs skill based games, prehaps you should start a new thread. Since this is headed outside the scope of the orginal poster.

-=-=-=-=-

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• air_head1air_head1 Member Posts: 75
    if i was that guy i would sell my account then u would no longer have to work throughout the rest of ur life so u could be rich then start a new account over again and since u have nothing else to do in life u can level up again and in a few days u will once again have the highest lvl character in the game lol

Originally posted by Clever_Glove

Originally posted by Disastorm

You did read that you forum rank doesn't depend on the number of posts you make?

I going to grap at out into space here and assume your trying to refer to that in this context my comments are reflected to a level based charater delovpment. Although I said nothing possitive or negative about the level system, so I'm not sure what you can agree or disagree to. 

I merely pointed out that the dev's are upset a goal has been achived so quickly said simlar things to my favorite game designer Brad McQuad. I'll restate my prevouse statement: if your goal is make a game NOT about gaining levels, then you can't make a level centric game. Even if your said game type of Leveling then getting AA's (or whatever) it's still a level exp grinding centric game.

If you would like discusses level vs skill based games, prehaps you should start a new thread. Since this is headed outside the scope of the orginal poster.

-=-=-=-=-

oh ok sorry.  btw my posts have nothing to do with ranks, i am just bored.

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388
    man 200k-500k i dont think anyone would pay that much for an ingame account :P

"It's the darkness that brings us power"
    SOF site come join

"It's the darkness that brings us power"

• JiraiyaJiraiya Member Posts: 150

The "speculated" 200k-500k price tag of the account is far-fetched. Just because its the best account in the game doesn't mean they can anyhow set an absurb price on an account.

And, who would buy an account that cost 200k-500k? Those who have the money would be doing something else instead of spending their money on a game account.

• ThePatientThePatient Member Posts: 90

"Most No-Life-outside-the-Game-world".

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.
    S: 86% E: 60% A: 33% K: 20%

---------------------------------------------

Turn me on, dead man.

• higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Originally posted by ThePatient

"Most No-Life-outside-the-Game-world".

Turn me on, dead man.

Be watchful of yourself, we might as matter of fact following his footstep.

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     Hehehe, if that thing does sell for 200-500k then he will have life outside the game world...

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • higgsbosonhiggsboson Member Posts: 296

Just want to mention that 20k-50k (not 200k-500k) is purely speculative number. No one can put a price tag on an account of this nature. The very fact that this sort of thing are traded in some item AUCTION site make it impossible to put an estimate value to this kind of thing.