Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any PvP game to recommend?

mefamanmefaman Member UncommonPosts: 2
I have come to a point where I made it to top10 at FFXIV PvP. Then I've faced massive report wave. It's sad I wasted so much money and time for a game where top10 spots are only for small group of players. If you are not in the gang you are reported to lose your rewards.

https://imgur.com/a/peV6aa3

Whole FFXIV ''esports'' is just a meme and I recommend all of you to avoid.

I prefer to play anything from old games to newest ones. After wasting so long in FFXIV I'm looking for MMORPG with 2 factions.

Thanks already.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited November 2018
    FFXIV has top level PVP?

Who knew? 

Wait, there are MMORPGs with top level PVP?

When did this happen?

:D 

UngoodPhaserlight

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Give this game a try..Black Gold... the worst that happens is that you don't like it.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• mefamanmefaman Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Ungood said:
    Give this game a try..Black Gold... the worst that happens is that you don't like it.
    Thanks, will check it out!
  • z3r0musz3r0mus Member CommonPosts: 3
    mefaman said:
    I have come to a point where I made it to top10 at FFXIV PvP. Then I've faced massive report wave. It's sad I wasted so much money and time for a game where top10 spots are only for small group of players. If you are not in the gang you are reported to lose your rewards.

I prefer to play anything from old games to newest ones. After wasting so long in FFXIV I'm looking for MMORPG with 2 factions.

Thanks already.
     for those that dont know yes this player was mass reported for cheating. he abused the small playerbase in the highest brackets of ff14 pvp and basically wintraded himself to top ratings against his own alt account for weeks
    AlmostLancelotKyleran
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    edited November 2018
    Any time someone brings up "PvP" in a MMO forum I feel the need to promote Vendetta Online:

There is no invisible dice rolling determining the outcome in combat; move, shoot, dodge, be aware of your surroundings. Recover after being hit with a force-dealing weapon. Be like water. 

It really does feel like practicing a martial art.

That's at the fighter level. There is also a layer of capital ship combat I have very little experience in which includes economics, slow tactics, strategy, and according to the lead dev will have emphasized roles in the coming expansion.

Really cool stuff on the horizon involving capital ships like exploration and station construction.

Edit: here, read for yourself:

https://www.vendetta-online.com/x/msgboard/1/35260#408378
    Post edited by Phaserlight on
    Scorchien

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Two brand new accounts.. two different sides of the story...

How did z3r0mus even know mefaman had posted here?

The plot thickens.
    hallucigenocidePhaserlightPhryKyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Two brand new accounts.. two different sides of the story...

How did z3r0mus even know mefaman had posted here?

The plot thickens.
    found this thread on one of the pvp discords. the guy was banned by game masters after they looked into his obvious wintrading against his own alt and after that he has been on every forum/reddit posting pictures of his "haters" chatting etc going full crazy. not the kinda behaviour you would expect from a father of a child
  • luclinraiderluclinraider Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Don't know what exactly you're looking for....Tab Target, Action, FPS MMO.

But there's a game I picked up recently called Attack on Tarkov. It's basically a full loot FPS MMO. You level up, unlock skills and passives. And fight to kill people and take their gear. If you can escape without being killed in return you get to keep it and gear yourself out for future matches. If you get killed it's full loot.

Lots of fun if you're into a more HC PvP scene. Also if you like FPS. Hyper realistic too. You die in usually 1 or 2 shots depending where. Limbs can bleed and be crippled. Can die from dehydration even if you stop the bleeding. When killing someone and taking their gun you have to check the clip to see how much ammo you have in them.....not a run and gun kind of game. 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Funny thing is FFXI had great pvp but nobody cared about pvp and it was setup to be more fair which players don't like either because they want advantages in gear or levels.So it wouldn't surprise me that FXIV would have a good pvp design although i know it is instanced,something i don't like.
    Also way too many are using to many scripts,so i assume if you were reported and action taken,you were like the majority using outside scripts.

Best overall pvp,i still play it,community is very small now but once a while someone shows up and it's great>>>>UT99.No grinding of gear,no advantages aside from latency,no spending money on cash shops,just straight up pvp wit against wit  ,strategy versus strategy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

Also way too many are using to many scripts,so i assume if you were reported and action taken,you were like the majority using outside scripts.

you dont need any scripts in xiv cause of the new 9 button pvp. he was WINTRADING his own main account against his own alt played by friend/wife to have ridiculous winrate. he always withdrawed from accepting a match if they didnt get a pop at the same time on the other account that always threw the match against them. thats why he was reported and banned from the game by gamemasters
    Kyleran
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    z3r0mus said:
    Wizardry said:

you dont need any scripts in xiv cause of the new 9 button pvp. he was WINTRADING his own main account against his own alt played by friend/wife to have ridiculous winrate. he always withdrawed from accepting a match if they didnt get a pop at the same time on the other account that always threw the match against them. thats why he was reported and banned from the game by gamemasters
    Welcome to the boards!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,971
    mefaman said:

Thanks already.

Welcome to the boards!

Nice to see your second post in seven years. ;)